Pookie

Pookie

Somebody you used to know.
Oct 18, 2020
Famous bands often have interesting stories behind what made them come up with their band names. In the same vein, I've seen many interesting/creative usernames on SS and was wondering what the thought process behind them were or events/movies/songs that inspired you to choose your username. Obviously suicide would be one such reason...

I'll start: I was going through a hellish time and feeling incredibly ill with very high pain levels and would've done anything to escape the pain. My prescription painkillers weren't working. So I was Googling different ctb methods and inevitably stumbled upon SS. I was desperate to join and couldn't think clearly due to the pain, so I just chose a username that was the first word to pop into my head, which bizarrely happened to be the word "Pookie." There was simply no thinking process behind it.

Now your turn. (Obviously don't give away too many identifying/personal details as we all know this is a public forum.)

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, gruetesque, ksp and 29 others
SosoruzeDosukoi

SosoruzeDosukoi

Tired
Mar 27, 2021
I needed something that's not my usual username, and having just watched Dr.Stone and Hinomaru Sumo with a Japanese friend, we were saying sosoruze (exhilarating) and dosukoi (just a thing sumos say) to each other a lot when I was learning Japanese stuff from him, so I just used that. Nothing deep in the slightest, it just makes me smile.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LossOfMe, damnatio memoriae, Dead Meat and 8 others
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
NoPointOfLiving... It's my main reason for losing hope. There is no point in staying alive, my work doesn't really help, my values don't really add anything to the world, I don't matter... and I'm just living here like any other plant or animal. I don't see any point in living.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: MisjudgedCutie94, Risperdead, Dead Meat and 14 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Met him in a hotel
Met him in a hotel beneath ground

You were wild - where are you now?

I have to learn to let you crash down
I have to learn to let you crash...

-- T. Amos

• Hugs
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97, Dead Meat, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 10 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
My username is a piece of music by Dark Sanctuary called Funeral Cry. It has been my favourite song for years. The lyrics are about wanting to die. The singer wants death to set her free from the pain this life brings. It is how I feel.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: damnatio memoriae, terminalending, Grayfield and 12 others
Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
"Squalo" is an Italian word that means "Shark".

• Hugs
Reactions: wastingtime, damnatio memoriae, Kariope and 11 others
Pookie

Pookie

Oct 18, 2020
Met him in a hotel
Met him in a hotel beneath ground

I have to learn to let you crash down
I have to learn to let you crash...

-- T. Amos
"Hotelbeneathground" also makes me think of a coffin deep underground. The type of "hotel" you go to to take the most peaceful and eternal dirt nap of your life.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97, Dead Meat, builtwrong and 8 others
BottomlessPit

BottomlessPit

Staring at the edge
Apr 28, 2021
The realization that human suffering knows no bounds. No matter how bad a place you are in, it can always get worse.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: czx85, ketchup sandwich, Risperdead and 16 others
Pookie

Pookie

Oct 18, 2020
My username is a piece of music by Dark Sanctuary called Funeral Cry. It has been my favourite song for years. The lyrics are about wanting to die. The singer wants death to set her free from the pain this life brings. It is how I feel.
I've heard that song. Haunting and beautiful.

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, Elysium Searcher, FuneralCry and 2 others
R

Roadkill

Experienced
Dec 25, 2018
My username describes me perfectly... I am Roadkill, a stinking, rotting, decaying piece of flesh... so bad that even the shit eating flies don't want to come anywhere near me

• Aww..
Reactions: disillusion, Risperdead, Despondent and 10 others
Scribble Fan

Scribble Fan

I'm out!
May 30, 2019
I'm a fan of Sarah's Scribbles, my favorite webcomic.

• Hugs
Reactions: Risperdead, Dead Meat, Celerity and 4 others
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Dead Meat, whitefeather and 3 others
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I wanna be forgotten like a noname. I feel ashamed due to my failures.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: damnatio memoriae, disillusion, Despondent and 8 others
K

know_better_than

Aug 24, 2020
It's suppose to mean "I know better than to kill myself."

• Hugs
Reactions: damnatio memoriae, Dead Meat, Elysium Searcher and 1 other person
H

Hepi

Jun 5, 2021
Hepi is the phonetic transcription of the word "Happy" in my native language.

Of course, this nickname is ironic, because I wouldn't call myself a happy person ;-)

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, whitefeather, Roadkill and 3 others
Mistake of Nature

Mistake of Nature

A shadow suspended on dust
Mar 30, 2020
"I am a mistake of nature, a mad beast." - Andrei Chikatilo

I'm an anomaly, an error, an aberration, something akin to Frankenstein's creature. There is something fundamentally wrong with me. I don't belong here and I should've never been brought into existence.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Death is beautiful, disillusion, Risperdead and 11 others
Pookie

Pookie

Oct 18, 2020
Hepi is the phonetic transcription of the word "Happy" in my native language.

Of course, this nickname is ironic, because I wouldn't call myself a happy person ;-)
I like it, reminds me of the pronunciation of "happy" in my home country.

• Hugs
Reactions: Elysium Searcher and Hepi
K

know_better_than

Aug 24, 2020

I'm an anomaly, an error, an aberration, something akin to Frankenstein's creature. There is something fundamentally wrong with me. I don't belong here and I should've never been brought into existence.
My inclination is to feel bad that you're saying these things but I can't lie that I feel the same way.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Dead Meat, Elysium Searcher, Mistake of Nature and 1 other person
Pookie

Pookie

Oct 18, 2020

I've read so much about Andrei Chikatilo and his boundless depravity. But Chikatilo was a prolific serial killer. How can you be as bad as him?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dead Meat, Celerity and Mistake of Nature
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
life and death. as someone with bpd i struggle between the 2

• Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, whitefeather, Celerity and 2 others
amarillo

amarillo

Jan 30, 2021
When I first started learning Spanish, I simply liked the sound of the word "amarillo". I was already depressed back then. Learning Spanish eventually led to me moving to a Spanish speaking country, which I thought would either mean a new start for me or the deciding factor in my contemplation to ctb. Somehow, "amarillo" became the word that represented this situation. Spoiler alert: moving abroad didn't fix me (surprise surprise), so, albeit four years later, suicide has become the only remaining option.

Also, my username fits with my profile picture ("amarillo" means "yellow"), which is a painting by Van Gogh, who was from my country and also struggled with mental illness and ended up committing suicide.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dead Meat, whitefeather, LaminarFlow and 5 others
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
When I first started learning Spanish, I simply liked the sound of the word "amarillo". I was already depressed back then. Learning Spanish eventually led to me moving to a Spanish speaking country, which I thought would either mean a new start for me or the deciding factor in my contemplation to ctb. Somehow, "amarillo" became the word that represented this situation. Spoiler alert: moving abroad didn't fix me (surprise surprise), so, albeit four years later, suicide has become the only remaining option.

Also, my username fits with my profile picture ("amarillo" means "yellow"), which is a painting by Van Gogh, who was from my country and also struggled with mental illness and ended up committing suicide.
Now the only thing left to do is to make your username yellow..

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Dead Meat, Elysium Searcher and 1 other person
quiet.rabbit

quiet.rabbit

NEET
Feb 27, 2020
I'm quiet and relate to rabbits a lot. I'm prone to anxiety and even the slightest aggression scares me. My home is the only place I feel safe and I stay there 24/7.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: xxAbigailxx, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Despondent and 7 others
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
That's funny! Pookie is quite a funny name. Hidden Base is the name of one of the stages in the game Sonic Adventure 2 which was a game I spent countless hours time playing in my childhood, and relish the memories to this day (it also has a wicked soundtrack). My old username Manoban was referring to the kpop idol Lisa Manoban who I crushed on intensely (and still do!).

Reactions: Dead Meat, Elysium Searcher, Pookie and 2 others
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It's an anagram of one of the usernames I usually use for like games and stuff. It has the added benefit of including the word Doctor in it which people who know me wouldn't expect from me. :pfff:

• Love
Reactions: Dead Meat, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Roadkill and 3 others
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
The name came from my fav song by purity ring. the video for it is disturbing (showing ppl in traumatic situations where they react in a stoic manner) and the meaning behind the lyrics are even more disturbing (song about two kids who murder their abusive father). but the lyrics in general are pretty and so is the name. Which I'm guessing is a word which means laughing and crying combined in one word. Purity ring likes to make up song titles by combining words.

Header title is obedear which means 'oh but dear'.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Elysium Searcher and Pookie
quiet.rabbit

quiet.rabbit

NEET
Feb 27, 2020

When I lived in Spain and I was learning English I really liked the word yellow. One of my childhood memories is just of me jumping around a sofa just shouting that word.
You can do that?? How did I not know about this
Go to Settings and click the Your Account menu, then Account details.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, whitefeather, Joey and 2 others
amarillo

amarillo

Jan 30, 2021
When I lived in Spain and I was learning English I really liked the word yellow. One of my childhood memories is just of me jumping around a sofa just shouting that word.

Go to Settings and click the Your Account menu, then Account details.
Now that you mention it, yellow is kind of a nice word as well. How funny that we had a similar experience with the same word in two different languages.

I found the setting, thanks! All should be yellow now :)

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: whitefeather, Elysium Searcher, Pookie and 1 other person