vuberpoot1

vuberpoot1

Nov 7, 2023
Something I hear a lot regarding the topic of this forum (from pro-lifers) is how someone cares about you even when you don't feel like they do, and you matter to someone even when you don't think you do. That might be true a lot of the time, but what does it matter if that person doesn't show it? I guess the question I'm asking is whether or not "caring" for someone has any meaning if the recipient doesn't feel it or believe it. I feel like an important part of caring about someone is making sure they *feel* cared about, which is a sort of principle I try to follow for my loved ones. The thing is, it feels like nobody else really follows that principle. Like "caring" for someone is just a feeling you have, and you don't have any responsibility to show it or check-in and make sure they feel it. Like there's just some magical vibe of understanding when you feel like you care about someone.

I'm probably sounding confusing and getting my words jumbled, but this kind of thing just frustrates me. It feels like a constant back and forth of people shunting responsibility and blame from themselves over abstract ideas. Does anybody else understand what I mean?