cryvinglightning

cryvinglightning

it gets worse before it gets better.
Oct 27, 2023
i'm a coward through and through. i don't think i could stomach the consequences of not being able to CTB. also i really love my pets and i have a few people i care about. when i think of not being able to talk to them, be with them, losing them in any way, my stomach churns.

Reactions: chronically_in_pain, bussy and Murt
alivefornow

alivefornow

thinking about it
Feb 6, 2023
Don't want to hurt my mom and leave her alone.

• Hugs
Reactions: Murt and Blue Elephant
S

synchroscope

Oct 29, 2023
My pets. It's important to me that they're healthy and happy after I go. But I just can't guarantee that. I've always planned on waiting until they die, but my dog is only 6… and I want her to live until she's 20 lol.

I know both of my pets would be better off with someone else, of course. I'm hardly a stellar pet parent. Far from it. But still they're the only things in my life that would be truly difficult to leave behind.

• Hugs
Reactions: BlockHammer, ShadowSelf, Murt and 2 others
A

Another Autist

Oct 30, 2023
cat

• Hugs
Reactions: ShadowSelf and Engström
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
Probably my dog, I've had her since the age of 13, and she is very attached to me. I don't want her to see me dead, because my dog will most likely be the first living being that would find me dead.
This! I had a German Short Haired Pointer for 15 years and if she'd still be alive I definitely wouldn't CBT because of her. She would be a hard stop. I think dogs truly truly care about us and they would be devastated if we'd die. Fuck, she was devastated if I would go (for a few hours) on the beach without her. Of course wherever I went I always took her with me. : )

• Hugs
Reactions: ShadowSelf and Engström
AERIE

AERIE

Oct 30, 2023
Main thing is waiting for SN to arrive. Minor thing is thinking is it really the right time and if so where should i go to sleep for the last time.

g&hexmhn

g&hexmhn

Nick
Aug 24, 2023
Definetly my girlfriend. I just posted a vent about it, but I'm going to potentially visit them this summer and I cant ctb since I made her a promise.

U

umopep!sdn128

Oct 8, 2023
Me too, probably because of my relatives. If I lived alone and did not communicate with them, I would at least make up my mind now. But in fact, I can't stand that I have this feeling of guilt towards them. This is all such nonsense, in fact, that my life supposedly does not belong to me, that I have a responsibility to my ancestors. If you look at it like this, it's their own fault that I grew up like this. They decided to have me one day, while not knowing how to raise a child at all (and the best "upbringing" is to meddle in his life as little as possible and give some kind of assessment to his actions). But maybe, in fact, something else is stopping me. This is not the fear of death, not the fear of physical suffering, but the fear of an act that I have not seriously considered before, which can divide my life into before and after, and perhaps even interrupt this existence. This experience of conscious life here on Earth as a whole is simply terrible, but this is all I had, and then it will only get worse or there will be nothing. And yet, I am afraid that I am so incompetent in all matters, including those related to suicide, that my attempt will not be serious, but everyone will know about it. It will be funny and ridiculous, and I will look like a complete idiot, which naturally, I also absolutely would not want to experience. My thoughts are running wild in my head, but I hope I was able to clearly convey my answer to your interesting question.

N

nood11

Jul 14, 2023
For me the main thing that stops me is that one time I spoke to my mum and asked her what she'd do if I died. This was way before I ever considered suicide, and she told me she'd potentially end it as she'd feel like she's failed. She didn't mean this to make me feel guilty as she has/had no suspicion. But the idea that my parents would feel like they've failed me or played any part makes me feel so terrible. My parents have been model parents and I genuinely can't think of a single bad thing to say about them, but I know that they wouldn't be able to help but blame themselves. This destroys me and forces me to hold on.
Another large reason is my fear of never ending nothingness, being non religious its so scary to think of nothingness forever. But at the same time whenever I wake up from sleeping in the morning and all the pain floods in, it makes me wish I could experience the nothingness of sleep again.
There are three main things stopping me.
1. What will it be like to die from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head?
2. What if I don't die and am left a permanent vegetable?
3. What if the afterlife is worse than this and it is inescapable and lasts forever?
I think at some point I might be able to overcome these fears and do the deed.

𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗹𝘆

Deeming that I were better dead
Oct 28, 2023
Fear of pain and of the unknown.

isthisit?

isthisit?

The name's Cedrik
Jun 23, 2023
The pros have been outweighing the cons for a while. If things change I'll try again but right now hope is carrying me through

figurehead

figurehead

Student
Sep 27, 2023
For me the main thing that stops me is that one time I spoke to my mum and asked her what she'd do if I died. This was way before I ever considered suicide, and she told me she'd potentially end it as she'd feel like she's failed. She didn't mean this to make me feel guilty as she has/had no suspicion. But the idea that my parents would feel like they've failed me or played any part makes me feel so terrible. My parents have been model parents and I genuinely can't think of a single bad thing to say about them, but I know that they wouldn't be able to help but blame themselves. This destroys me and forces me to hold on.
Another large reason is my fear of never ending nothingness, being non religious its so scary to think of nothingness forever. But at the same time whenever I wake up from sleeping in the morning and all the pain floods in, it makes me wish I could experience the nothingness of sleep again.
Dogs, family. How my body would be found. Would I be ruining their lives after all

O

Orange Cat

Student
Oct 19, 2023
I am afraid of the unknown.

Last edited:
tsumihoroboshi

tsumihoroboshi

Lost Impact
Oct 31, 2023
Police investigation and I guess... the unknown? I don't care about how my friends or family will react because they hate me deeply and I feel like they'd be much happier with me gone and since all my friends are online, they'll never know and will forget me. My pets will forget me as they only need me for food and water. They won't be alone either, I live with other people that can take care of them.

Either way, it's the investigation that gets me the most. My friend, who is a mortician, said that they'll have to do at least a little of investigation even if it's a clear-cut suicide. I've searched over and over if police investigate this thoroughly, and the answers are always mixed. Ex-officers say they don't look into suicides too deeply, but should. Others say they are thorough, others say they aren't.

I just don't want them going through my phone and computer. I do not want them looking through my socials, bothering anyone in my contacts. Even if I delete my history they have ways of recovering it. I've thought leaving a very detailed note on why this happened and who not to blame would be enough to avoid an investigation.

I've dealt with them before because I was stupid and told someone I had a thorough plan (and I've had many failed attempts in the past and recently) and they were called on me and I was forced to be institutionalised again or else I would have had to go to court and have a judge decide if I was sane enough to live to myself or go to a psych-ward (and if the judge ruled me insane, I'd have been at that psych-ward a lot longer than normal). They say it's a choice but it's really not when they are giving me ultimatums. I want to avoid it again. I dislike them. My family isn't a stranger to them either and I know they don't wanna deal with an investigation either.

I'd have to hide all my scalpels, knives, and weapons (no guns or anything illegal, just a machete and some weird brass knuckle knife thing), so that my family don't get the blame because even though I know they hate me, I don't want them blamed for me having these items when they know I struggle with this. I guess in the note, I'd have to explain I had these things without their knowledge. I don't want anyone blamed for this (even though deep down, there are...) but myself.

It's such an annoying, aggravating mess. I should be able to just do this and just... have no fallout and no one would have to deal with the burden of dealing with my body (what's left of it...) or an investigation. I wish it was easy. I wouldn't have to suffer for so long then.

Dread#0375

Dread#0375

Discord Stalker
Sep 24, 2022
Inability to procure the necessary substances or equipment right now, also being distracted by everyday life. Just when I think it's about time to take the plunge some shit just comes up, I am being held prisoner here

Reactions: Kurai and pthnrdnojvsc
Y

Yonkers1

Oct 24, 2023
The fact that suicide is cruelly made so unnecessarily difficult, it's horrible how we cannot just leave this existence in a peaceful way despite the fact that the only relief lies in death. I despise how we exist in this hellish prison world where we are expected to suffer no matter what despite the fact that we are destined for nothing but to die anyway. It really would be such a relief if we could just choose to easily die in peace.
I agree 110%. The fact that death with dignity isn't available for anyone who wants to leave this world regardless of mental and/or physical health is honestly, a crime against humanity. Conservatives love to talk about "freedom" but as long as we can't even decide how and when we die then we will never truly be free.

oofuf

oofuf

hope is the seed of despair
Feb 13, 2023
SI and having to live with my parents. When they inevitably let me move out the first thing I'm doing is buying SN.

cultpup

cultpup

Nov 1, 2023
the human body is naturally extremely resistant to dying, especially on purpose. i'm still learning how to fight my animal instincts to stay alive when the time comes. that's pretty much it for me, i'm very pain-phobic is all.

Acerakis

Acerakis

Carer
Jun 5, 2020
I'm too fucking usesless, I fuck up everything, I would just tuck up attempting as well.

P

PanaxMan

Student
Apr 11, 2023
Whether I fail or not. Mine has a very low success rate but I've done enough research to figure out how to do it and have a bigger chance of succeeding.

hibikikyuxx

hibikikyuxx

Student
Oct 17, 2023
Survival Instinct. Easy to bypass though, alcohol and benzos will do the trick.

Couldn't care less about how my parents will feel, I didn't ask to be born and them beating, gaslighting, and guilt-tripping me throughout my childhood is one of the many reasons as to why I want to ctb. Even if I had good parents, I would still want to ctb, because even "good" parents are selfish. Imagine willingly bringing a child into this cruel, corrupt, and unfair world where you have to slave away for 50+ years until you die of old age.

DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
Fear. Of failing. Of hurting. Of the consequences of breaking the law.

Also laziness.

itsnotalwayssunny

itsnotalwayssunny

Nov 1, 2023
At this time I'll be honest, I flip a coin if heads I live and if tails I die. 4 heads so far. That and my boyfriend and dog would be sad, and the possibility that my pain would be exacerbated and not relinquished, what if.. you know?

deadtomorrow

deadtomorrow

Oct 25, 2023
People will cheer on my death... I want to live just to spite them

• Hugs
Reactions: cheese.out
cheese.out

cheese.out

Why am I still here
Jul 25, 2023
My mom and my little brothers would be devastated and also my closest friends are very supportive so i still try my best but idk for how long I can do this any longer

A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
Defiance and delusion that things will get better.

A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
I just came here to post "false hope that things will get better." Maybe it's a sign.
Life gives you just enough promise to carry on another day, even if the majority of that day involves suffering.

Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
Life gives you just enough promise to carry on another day, even if the majority of that day involves suffering.
Ain't that the truth. I often think damn I wish it would go all to hell so I could just jump without any thoughts of "what if."

Reactions: AerialBoundaries