F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
They jumped to their deaths because the knew they were going to burn to death! None of them chose to ctb that day, they chose the quickest and least traumatic/painful option because they had no other choice.

Yes- I agree- it isn't the same thing in reality. I tried to say that to begin with- in reality, it isn't fair to compare the two.

It's more as an abstract idea for the individual- as outlined in the quote. Some people will choose suicide because their circumstances feel as if they are in a burning building. Not everyone but some.

CTB feels like their least traumatic/painful option. They may feel like they have no other choice too- or, simply that CTB is the lesser of the evils. I'm thinking mainly of extreme cases- people who have drunk poison in a courtroom after hearing their guilty sentence. People who are suffering from chronic physical or mental illness. Would they be wanting to kill themselves if they weren't in those circumstances? Perhaps not. So- their lives are the burning building.

I don't think it's a good idea to compare it to an actual event like 9/11 but I'm guessing the original OP was maybe trying to say: When people are desperate enough- when the alternative that is living gets so bad that it feels like they are in a burning building- they will jump.

Reactions: Cryptonite, undecided and Oncologynurz123
O

Oncologynurz123

Dec 16, 2021
For me I've always been very depressed and an alcoholic, but found small snippets of joy out of a humorous comment, finding a good job I like (that only took me 40 years...sigh) so that was always enough to draw me back from the edge. Now I'm facing legal problems, they will put me in jail ( which I could deal with, honestly) but will lose my career, and they will make my life an impossible living hell for the next 10 years or more. How am i supposed to recover under the conditions i will face after jail? And theyll take away the one thing that made me accept life sometimes. So now I'm feeling pretty desperate and have been heavily researching on here for a few months. I only hope I can do it before it's too late.

• Hugs
Reactions: undecided