• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Can't find any good articles or videos about it that isn't heavily pro-life induced or a stupid dictionary, and it annoys the crap out of me! Why does litterary everything mental or philosophical have to be so pro-life anyway? Wth is wrong with atleast making a neutral article if anything? Fuck pro-life man!

Just trying to figure out wether I'm a nihilist or a misanthrope tbh. Thanks for any help ^_^

xoirse

xoirse

caffeine overdose
Feb 15, 2024
nihilism questions the meaning and value of existence, misanthropy is an attitude characterized by distrust or contempt for humanity. a nihilist may believe life lacks inherent meaning without necessarily hating humanity, while a misanthrope harbors negative feelings specifically toward people. i think?

Jay Sea

Jay Sea

Mar 23, 2023
Hi Silent_cries,

You could consider reading Friedrich Nietzsche, commonly known for his philosophy about nihilism, that life is ultimately meaningless

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Nihilist: life is meaningless. There's no meaning of life or reason why we exist. Everything is pointless and meaningless
Misanthrope: I hate people! People are the bane of my existence

Reactions: marchshift
xoirse

xoirse

caffeine overdose
Feb 15, 2024
What if I hate humanity in general, but don't neccecarily hate all ppl?
i think it leans toward misanthropy. you can still love someone although i do think it'll be hard for you. it's just like being homophobic but you have a gay friend, if that makes sense.

• Informative
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
Hmm, this is going to be more complicated than I thought it seems. :/

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
I know someone who identifies as a misanthrope but isn't necessarily a nihilist. They have some spiritual beliefs that I guess prevents them from being nihilistic. I should also point out that nihilism isn't inherently negative or pessimistic, but misanthropy absolutely is.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
A nihilist is just somebody who believes that life has no meaning.

A misanthrope is just somebody who hates, dislikes or is disgusted by humanity as a whole.
What if I hate humanity in general, but don't neccecarily hate all ppl?
That still comes under misanthropy I think. I've seen some misanthropists who are like that

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
A nihilist is just somebody who believes that life has no meaning.

A misanthrope is just somebody who hates, dislikes or is disgusted by humanity as a whole.

That still comes under misanthropy I think. I've seen some misanthropists who are like that
I guess I'm a misanthropist then. I feel like that would explain why I despise it so much when ppl force children into this world. Every time I see a child I just want to end that child to ensure it never have to grow up in this hellish society. Not that I would actually do it, it's not like it would make much of a difference anyway, plus I already feel like a monster as it is.
That's why humanity is an abomination
Unfortunately yeah, and ppl loves to deny it too. -_-