willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
for me it's mostly the fear of failing- i already attempted once this year so if i do it again and fail i will definitely end up being sectioned. it's also a little bit of the guilt of leaving my family behind... what's stopped you from ctb?

• Hugs
Reactions: Fedrea, sadghost, Amnesty and 1 other person
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Some pressure and guilt from family (as I've been living under their roof since this beginning of 2020 due to a change in my living arrangement), then of course, the pandemic stifling my ability to access my method (firearm - which I stored away in another city, far from where my parents live), and then not having the privacy like I used to when I lived away from home. Mainly logistics and the pandemic putting things in limbo and the uncertainty of things.

Part of me regrets not just CTB'ing end of December 2019 had I known that 2020 is a shitshow (the pandemic, the worsening of my QOL as well as other circumstances and factors).

Reactions: Deleted member 14386, casctb and Amnesty
Acerakis

Acerakis

Carer
Jun 5, 2020
I don't have the courage to go through with it right now but I feel like if anything else goes wrong in my life it will get me there.

• Hugs
Reactions: TakeYourHappyPills, Soulless_Angel, FranCanSee and 1 other person
ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
fear of failing, mostly. there are also a couple of things i'd like to see before death

Reactions: TakeYourHappyPills, Taraxias, FranCanSee and 3 others
Thirdtimesthecharm

Thirdtimesthecharm

Mar 27, 2020
Guilt of leaving family behind with grief

• Hugs
Reactions: Soulless_Angel, Deleted member 14386, casctb and 3 others
moonchild

moonchild

Student
May 8, 2020
I don't even know? It used to be not wanting to fail, but I feel like SN is quite fool-proof so I'm no longer having any worries about that.

Besides that, I'm mainly thinking of my baby brother. I was his mother when our actual mother couldn't be there, and I feel so so so responsible. It's a privilege to have someone older guide you trough life, and I want to give him everything I didn't have.

Reactions: FriendofDeath and casctb
rikamonie

rikamonie

Experienced
Jun 3, 2020
before now was being unable to get a peaceful death or 100% reliable method, but now all thats stopping me is corona and waiting, i have to wait for sn to arrive and then i have to wait for hotels to be open again thats all

Reactions: tryingtoescape
Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
I'm a piece of shit that can't get it right. It's so infuriating! I don't have access to mostly reliable methods such as SN and so I have to try partial hanging for example but you either get it right or you don't. Even taken an overdose and it did nothing. I wish assisted suicide as a legal thing as I would opt in straight away. It mentally hurts to wake up everyday just to get up and live life for no reason.

• Hugs
Reactions: Soulless_Angel, Isittimetogonola and Amnesty
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
I'm just waiting for the lockdown to end, so I can return home. At the moment I'm feeling fairly certain about it, thanks in no small part to the updated thread about the night night method

• Hugs
Reactions: sadghost and Amnesty
suffering

suffering

Too p*ssy to end it, too suicidal to leave
Aug 17, 2018
Survival instinct...

• Hugs
Reactions: TakeYourHappyPills, Soulless_Angel, sadghost and 3 others
P

prochoicefriend

Jun 7, 2020
I have failed once last year. This year, I was looking for things to change. 2020 turned out to be a shit show. Things are much harder now that people know I am suicidal. If you are serious, never tell other people about it You will only make things harder for yourself.

• Hugs
Reactions: Amnesty, sadghost, suffering and 1 other person
disconnection

disconnection

It's the blue hour again
Apr 24, 2020
Quite a hefty, shitty combo:
Haven't been able to get SN yet and can't manage to hang
Guilt at what I'll do to family
If I fail I'll be street homeless

Which sucks because I am ready now. Although not ready enough to risk a more violent method I suppose. Saying that, if I could think of somewhere nearby which was high enough I'd have a go at jumping. The thought absolutely terrifies me though in a way which drinking poison just doesn't.

Reactions: Deleted member 14386
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
My children; although they are getting to the age where they might understand my wishes.

sadghost

sadghost

S
May 17, 2020
I don't have the materials yet & I'm also not quite ready to leave everyone and everything behind just yet.

GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
I've got the camel and the back, just waiting for the straw.

Reactions: Skyview, Uso, charlottewilts and 2 others
E

emie_

May 28, 2020
The extreme guilt for the pain I would be inflicting on my loved ones if I do it

Woodnote

Woodnote

Goodbye
Oct 23, 2019
My dogs. I'm so scared of leaving them. They've always been there for me. I'd hate to just abandon them.

A

Aonewayticketplease

Student
Jun 3, 2019
Total wussy...….imagine failing

Reactions: Fedrea
S

Saddaisy

Student
May 16, 2020
Nothing... well time and no privacy. But otherwise I just gotta wait.

T

Toptock

Experienced
Jun 6, 2020
Call me selfish but I don't really think about the people, or how my death will leave them feeling, I think the only thing holding me back is part of me knows I don't really want to die, I just want to get as far away from this place as possible. And death is the only real practical option. I want to die, consciously, I know there's no point to trying anymore. I'll always fail at everything and I'll always be a secondary character written out of everyones lives, so I might as well write myself out permanently. It only makes sense.

Reactions: Amnesty, Sadkitty and Justinian
FriendofDeath

FriendofDeath

Elementalist
May 22, 2020
What it might do to my mother and I live with 3 cats and care for 4 ferals. They are pretty special. Might still have a few things to do.

Reactions: Aonewayticketplease
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Mainly fear of failure. I can't handle another hospitalization or deal with the social aftermath of a failed attempt. I'd lose almost everything I've gained over the past two years.
i'm in the same exact boat

K

KibblesNBits

Student
May 30, 2020
Fear of pain, failure and surviving with disability.

Krash1990

Krash1990

Student
May 31, 2020
Fear that life could get better... and fear that what comes next might be worse than this existence.

D

Desi

Student
Aug 16, 2019
My nephews. I know what a suicide in the family is like. Don't want to hurt them, they're still little. Haven''t found a way to mitigate the risk for them.

STK

STK

Apr 2, 2020
Plans are currently on pause short term while I get my friend into therapy. She needs some help and support right now and the extra help with therapy has a chance to make the world of difference for her

Starcitty

Starcitty

Cloud
Jan 6, 2020
I'm sensitive emotionally and physically. I have dreams that I also want to accomplish also. Some dreams I can't because of my mental health but I'll try my best. I'm not sure if I'll ever go through with it but the thought brings me slight comfort.

SunInTheShade9

SunInTheShade9

Just want to go home ❤
May 21, 2020
Not succeeding is my biggest fear, by far.
Been there, done that. Xx

L

lymestolemylife

Student
Nov 27, 2019
I don't want to die I just want to get better but that's not gonna happen obviously.

• Love
Reactions: Taraxias
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
Not being on my own, no trust to be allowed out alone, just simply put, being alone is impossible right now, this is holding me back! I cannot see myself being alone for a long while, this is frustrating to me