Status
Not open for further replies.
WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

The Temporary Problem is Life
Oct 24, 2019
I have a suspicion that, in her history, her "scent" (natural + perfume + etc.) was something for which Sherri was tormented. It makes sense that she would react so explosively in that context. I have experienced the same response to things and it sometimes took a while to realize why I reacted the way I did. Often, the origin of those periods of blinding rage or anger stemmed from something I didn't understand. for example, my therapist asked what I meant in specific by saying I needed to change. I responded in anger because I did not have any specifics, which was true. it took a week to realize that my personas were in conflict and that there really weren't specifics as the gestalt was what I sought to change.

From @Weebster I get some autism signs. namely, sensitivity to certain stimuli and appearing rude or insensitive without meaning to. If Weebster is more sensitive to body odor smells then it would make sense that hygene is a huge deal. I am the same as Weebster in different ways. I cannot listen to Adele without physical discomfort. I cannot tolerate food that I cannot chew or perceive as too chewy (anything which doesn't break down easily during mastication). I cannot stand certain cleaning products and their smells to the point where I become physically ill. I absolutely hate when there is something crunchy in something that's supposed to be smooth, like crunchy celery in tuna salad or water chestnuts in Chinese vegetables.

in addition, I suffer the same paranoia about sex as Weebster. I have been so paranoid about sex and STDs that I have taken an STD panel after a lap dance in which there was no skin to skin contact down there because clothes. Or, panicking for weeks because I thought I got HIV from whatever the kids call using your hands to get a woman off. I know exactly what it's like to want someone only for those thoughts to ruin it.

This is an unfortunate situation. Something about Weebster's post ignited an extreme defense mechanism in Sherri. Weebster and others didn't understand why Sherri was so upset. Sherri may not have either, especially in a heightened emotional state. Haven't we all suffered from blindness from extreme emotions? From what I saw in the posts, Weebster and @RainAndSadness responded like typical males (logic and problem solving) which does not really help typical females (needing empathy and emotional support). If you've ever seen a woman storm away from a confused man who, in good faith, tried to help, this is why. This is an example of how a misunderstanding between two parties can degrade into something vicious and why learning to speak another's "language" is so important.

• Informative
  • Yay!
Reactions: charlottewilts, DontplayGod, orange and 9 others
bad luck

bad luck

Memento mori
Mar 2, 2021
I never imagined such unpleasant behavior from Sherri. It was like there was Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

Reactions: Famous Last Words
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
the only thing i'll miss is her contributions to the music megathread

like the only person who posts stuff i know lol

whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
There do seem to have been a couple of dumpster fires lately. I need a bigger bag of marshmallows…
I'm next on the chopping block, hold my beer and watch!
I have a suspicion that, in her history, her "scent" (natural + perfume + etc.) was something for which Sherri was tormented. It makes sense that she would react so explosively in that context. I have experienced the same response to things and it sometimes took a while to realize why I reacted the way I did. Often, the origin of those periods of blinding rage or anger stemmed from something I didn't understand. for example, my therapist asked what I meant in specific by saying I needed to change. I responded in anger because I did not have any specifics, which was true. it took a week to realize that my personas were in conflict and that there really weren't specifics as the gestalt was what I sought to change.

From @Weebster I get some autism signs. namely, sensitivity to certain stimuli and appearing rude or insensitive without meaning to. If Weebster is more sensitive to body odor smells then it would make sense that hygene is a huge deal. I am the same as Weebster in different ways. I cannot listen to Adele without physical discomfort. I cannot tolerate food that I cannot chew or perceive as too chewy (anything which doesn't break down easily during mastication). I cannot stand certain cleaning products and their smells to the point where I become physically ill. I absolutely hate when there is something crunchy in something that's supposed to be smooth, like crunchy celery in tuna salad or water chestnuts in Chinese vegetables.

in addition, I suffer the same paranoia about sex as Weebster. I have been so paranoid about sex and STDs that I have taken an STD panel after a lap dance in which there was no skin to skin contact down there because clothes. Or, panicking for weeks because I thought I got HIV from whatever the kids call using your hands to get a woman off. I know exactly what it's like to want someone only for those thoughts to ruin it.

This is an unfortunate situation. Something about Weebster's post ignited an extreme defense mechanism in Sherri. Weebster and others didn't understand why Sherri was so upset. Sherri may not have either, especially in a heightened emotional state. Haven't we all suffered from blindness from extreme emotions? From what I saw in the posts, Weebster and @RainAndSadness responded like typical males (logic and problem solving) which does not really help typical females (needing empathy and emotional support). If you've ever seen a woman storm away from a confused man who, in good faith, tried to help, this is why. This is an example of how a misunderstanding between two parties can degrade into something vicious and why learning to speak another's "language" is so important.
One of your premises was false, there were a bunch of users that correctly identified "women have an unbearable stench when menstruating" as a hateful message towards women in that thread. It wasn't just Sherri or me.

Weebster is more Antisocial Personality Disorder or a narc than autistic, though there might be overlap. He certainly has no empathy.

I have Asperger's diagnosed and fit better your description than Weebster does.

Last edited:
Reactions: unraveling, Depressed Cat and Al Cappella
eryu

eryu

Sep 25, 2021
She had mentioned reducing some of her meds and maybe going off some entirely.
Withdrawal can set in very quickly and is very destabilizing.

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers and Fragile
WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

Oct 24, 2019
I'm next on the chopping block, hold my beer and watch!

One of your premises was false, there were a bunch of users that correctly identified "women have an unbearable stench when menstruating" as a hateful message towards women in that thread. It wasn't just Sherri or me.

Weebster is more Antisocial Personality Disorder or a narc than autistic, though there might be overlap. He certainly has no empathy.

I have Asperger's diagnosed and fit better your description than Weebster does.
go to duckduckgo search engine
search for "do women smell different when menstruating"
read articles

1. women smell different when menstruating and smell different at different times during menstruation. men can tell by scent when a woman is ovulating. changes in hormone levels cause this.
2. women can tell the difference between men by scent as well. this has to do with testosterone levels.
3. Polar bears are attracted to menstrual blood and seal scents moreso than other food and non-menstrual blood smells. dogs and cats can pick up the scent of menstruation and male iguanas become aggressive.
4. food and other ingested substances change the vaginal odor
5. vaginal odors during menstruation occur due to the combination and changes to the woman's reproductive system. ph changes, menstrual tissue, blood, bacteria, etc. all factor in.
6. poor hygene will increase odors. this includes leaving a tampon in for too long, improper wiping, etc.
7. sweat in the vaginal area combines with other vaginal smells.
8. most people find the scent change in a woman to be subconscious. however, there are some people (both men and women) who can consciously smell a difference.
9. scent differences during menstruation cause women living together to synchronize their periods. the scent of men increases ovulation and causes memstruatiom to occur at more regular intervals.

Reactions: OpheliasFlowers, Foresight and whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Listen, I know all of that, I actually CAN smell the scent of menstruation, I just see it as very obvious that the user was writing in an insulting manner, purposefully.

Y´all are doing some absurd gymnastics to evade the fact that he used "stench" and "unbearable" to describe how menstruating women smell. And not SOME women, ALL. And what the hell was that part he wrote prior about how they "wipe from back to front"?! Implying they leave shit in their cunt or something. That´s the first fucking time I have read something like that, but hey, nobody cares lol.

"Oral sex is out of the question, especially since a lot of women wipe back to front. And I've smelled when women are on their period while clothed. The stench is unbearable."

Talking about this has become incredibly frustrating and boring, so I will stop here.

Last edited:
Reactions: charlottewilts, unraveling, Depressed Cat and 2 others
WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

Oct 24, 2019
Talking about this has become incredibly frustrating and boring, so I will stop here.
agreed. debating semantics is not preferential.

agreed. poor word choice contributed here.

Reactions: whatevs and OpheliasFlowers
Status
Not open for further replies.