• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
I'm an older suicidal person. I remember the days when people helped each other - opened doors - were respectful of each other. Oh there were always people who were mean, self-centered and hateful. Those people have always been around. But things have changed - people have changed. It's a me world - it's all about me me me. I don't fit in anymore. Not just because of all the shit that has happened in my life, but because I can't be a me person. I'm one of the people who wants to help others even if it means not taking care of myself. I've overstayed my welcome, should have been gone a long time ago before things got so bad for me. I'm a square peg trying to fit into a round hole. It will never work and it hurts too much to try to keep squeezing myself in. I just want peace in my life and I'll never find it here.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

We have such sights to show you šŸ‘ļø
Apr 17, 2023
I'm an older suicidal person. I remember the days when people helped each other - opened doors - were respectful of each other. Oh there were always people who were mean, self-centered and hateful. Those people have always been around. But things have changed - people have changed. It's a me world - it's all about me me me. I don't fit in anymore. Not just because of all the shit that has happened in my life, but because I can't be a me person. I'm one of the people who wants to help others even if it means not taking care of myself. I've overstayed my welcome, should have been gone a long time ago before things got so bad for me. I'm a square peg trying to fit into a round hole. It will never work and it hurts too much to try to keep squeezing myself in. I just want peace in my life and I'll never find it here.
What year or so would you say people got worse?

Reactions: sserafim
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
What year or so would you say people got worse?
I honestly think things went to hell in a hand basket when the computers started coming out - email, etc. Now there's so many social media choices (none of which I use) that no one speaks to another person any more. People break up via text; you learn about someone dying via Facebook. No one mails a card just to say hope you're doing well.
The Greatest Generation, who were the old people of the day when I was young, are missed. I remember them as having substance, depth and compassion. Narcissism has been almost universally in vogue ever since.
Oh Pluto, you hit the nail on the head. It makes me so sad for the younger people.
I feel you...I never could relate to the younger ones than me in whatever ways. I feel kinda stuck in my old days and ways.
Same here. I just dont fit in anymore.

S

stillunemployed

lol lmao
Jun 1, 2023
Weirdly enough, I remember what "good old days" you're referring to, although in my experience, all the "open doors" and respect we're always fake and insincere. Just traps for gossiping or worse.
I suppose these days, people don't need to pretend anymore, since being outwardly mean is just easier and more rewarding than fake nice.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Weirdly enough, I remember what "good old days" you're referring to, although in my experience, all the "open doors" and respect we're always fake and insincere. Just traps for gossiping or worse.
I suppose these days, people don't need to pretend anymore, since being outwardly mean is just easier and more rewarding than fake nice.
You must be younger than me. In my lifetime people were genuine - not all of course but the good ones outnumbered the assholes by a huge margin

S

stillunemployed

lol lmao
Jun 1, 2023
You must be younger than me. In my lifetime people were genuine - not all of course but the good ones outnumbered the assholes by a huge margin
im 35. social media was there, but it was just kids stuff, jokey memes and was never thought to be taken seriously. Old jealous assholes were always my biggest problem, but that was just my experience.

Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
im 35. social media was there, but it was just kids stuff, jokey memes and was never thought to be taken seriously. Old jealous assholes were always my biggest problem, but that was just my experience.
Hmmmm should I take that personally?

• Wow
Reactions: the_fail_man
the_fail_man

the_fail_man

Failure, Outcast, Diseased - The True Leper
Mar 9, 2024
I'm 25 and have felt this way my entire damn life. I feel your pain. I can't be selfish, it isn't in my blood. Most people I know/that knew me agree on that.

Reactions: davidtorez
Raindancer

Raindancer

Experienced
Nov 4, 2023
I have never seen anything like it, it's everywhere. You go into a store and someone is yelling at the manager, on the phone, if they don't like what you are saying they hang up. Everybody throws slurs at each other all the ists and isms. I don't know what's happened.

doomer843

doomer843

Going down the happiness spiral šŸ„°
Mar 25, 2024
Honestly, just rose tinted glasses. In the "good old days" extreme racism, homophobia, religious extremism, mental health stigma, etc etc was the norm. Every generation sucks, has always sucked, and will always suck

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Honestly, just rose tinted glasses. In the "good old days" extreme racism, homophobia, religious extremism, mental health stigma, etc etc was the norm. Every generation sucks, has always sucked, and will always suck
I disagree. Social media and internet has created a huge divide between people who lived before its implementation and now. I don't think people even truly understand what kind of negative influence social media has and will have on the minds of youth. The issues you mentioned are still prevalent today. The OP is talking about the general pattern of communication between different generations.

Reactions: davidtorez
doomer843

doomer843

Mar 25, 2024
I disagree. Social media and internet has created a huge divide between people who lived before its implementation and now. I don't think people even truly understand what kind of negative influence social media has and will have on the minds of youth. The issues you mentioned are still prevalent today. The OP is talking about the general pattern of communication between different generations.
My point was that people were hateful in the good old days and still hateful today because they said that most people "helped each other - opened doors - were respectful of each other". People have been hateful since the dawn of humanity. Even in the "good old days" people were talking about how people were getting terrible and their "good old days" were better. The "good old days" is more of quirk of the human mind than actual societal change.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
My point was that people were hateful in the good old days and still hateful today because they said that most people "helped each other - opened doors - were respectful of each other". People have been hateful since the dawn of humanity. Even in the "good old days" people were talking about how people were getting terrible and their "good old days" were better. The "good old days" is more of quirk of the human mind than actual societal change.
I see your point but I disagree. I think most people from older generations are much more rational and kind than people my age. At least that's been my experience

doomer843

doomer843

Mar 25, 2024
I see your point but I disagree. I think most people from older generations are much more rational and kind than people my age. At least that's been my experience
"What is happening to our young people? They disrespect their elders, they disobey their parents. They ignore the law. They riot in the streets, inflamed with wild notions. Their morals are decaying. What is to become of them?" -Plato ~4th century bc

Reactions: LOVELYDARKDEEP
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
"What is happening to our young people? They disrespect their elders, they disobey their parents. They ignore the law. They riot in the streets, inflamed with wild notions. Their morals are decaying. What is to become of them?" -Plato ~4th century bc
That's just observing and criticizing behavior. Nothing wrong with that. If I see people younger than me using drugs of course I'm gonna tell them something. That doesn't make me nor Plato hateful. There is a significant moral decay in our society as well

doomer843

doomer843

Mar 25, 2024
That's just observing and criticizing behavior. Nothing wrong with that. If I see people younger than me using drugs of course I'm gonna tell them something. That doesn't make me nor Plato hateful. There is a significant moral decay in our society as well
The significant moral decay is just young people being stupid, I'm sure the generation before you thought the same about you when you were young.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
The significant moral decay is just young people being stupid, I'm sure the generation before you thought the same about you when you were young.
i don't think so. I think the introduction of social media and internet has made this moral decay way larger than it ever was before for other generations

doomer843

doomer843

Mar 25, 2024
i don't think so. I think the introduction of social media and internet has made this moral decay way larger than it ever was before for other generations
Agree to disagree I guess. Either way its clear this has been going on all throughout history