• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Detour

Detour

Detour Ahead
Oct 25, 2019
For about almost a week I've been feeling super down, just depressed. (Keep in mind this is the worst it's been) Today I went for a drive just to get my mind off things and it helps . Had my music playing and felt like everything went away and I felt more happy and like I could accomplish anything. But every time I get home from a drive it's like i sink again and the anxiety comes back. I'm not diagnosed with anything , but could this be bipolar? I have a therapy session Monday but I wanted to get another opinion . Anything welcome, thanks.
about the diagnosed part, I haven't seen a doctor about it because i have a fear of it being on my medical records and it affecting me later on . So I've been seeing a therapist as an alternative . If it was "fake depression" I wouldn't be here talking about it .

Last edited:
Reactions: Susannah
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
Much of how we feel is dependent on our environment.

Reactions: Cookiedough8956 and Nem
Detour

Detour

Detour Ahead
Oct 25, 2019
Much of how we feel is dependent on our environment.
Thank you for the response. I've been doing things outside the house, as in just going to the store whenever I have the chance or going for a drive, anything to keep me outside my house. However I know I'm only getting worse and will have to see a doctor eventually.

Reactions: Mr2005
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
It wasn't much of one but I thought I'd throw it out there. My problems never truly go away but there's times and places they matter more. Good you're getting out

Reactions: Susannah and Detour
Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
I feel the same way. When I'm outside my "house", I manage to distance myself from overthinking/depression/hopelessness, but when I'm home, I start thinking, overanalyzing my life. I don't like my flat because it's so dark. My neighbours don't appreciate me playing loud music, and it makes me so angry. From what you're writing, I don't think you have huge mental health problems. The fact that you leave your house, go for a drive... Everybody gets depressed during life. I believe it's part og being human. I also think therapists and doctors tend to overdiagnose mental health issues. Maybe you just feel lonely and need a good sparring partner..?

Try to cope without meds, although your therapist might wanna "push" you to try. Good luck

HugS

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Detour
Detour

Detour

Detour Ahead
Oct 25, 2019
I feel the same way. When I'm outside my "house", I manage to distance myself from overthinking/depression/hopelessness, but when I'm home, I start thinking, overanalyzing my life.
Thank you for replying it means a lot having other input, and yes this is exactly what happens. I went for another drive today to get my mind off things and I felt great, like I want to feel 24/7. But once I'm home I start feeling down real quick. I guess I just have to keep myself busy. I have been researching other methods instead of meds wanting to avoid that route, like meditation or exercise which is good for me anyways. Hopefully I have the energy to through with it. . Again thank you for the response!

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I'm in a similar situation with my walks. Due to being epileptic, I'm not allowed the privilege of operating cars. However, if I was, I'd totally do the same thing. Maybe not cars, but definitely with those electric bikes.
My longest walk was four hours. That DID fuck up my left knee, though. 0/10, would not recommend.
But yeah, I get you with the "outsideness", the "outside time". Whenever I feel like shit, I think "I probably need some outside time" and go for a walk. Don't know if it's an actual thing, but by the words of some great British general WHO'S NAME I CANNOT REMEMBER JESUS FUCKING CHRIST WHAT IS HIS GODDAMN NAME?!?!?!?!!?!!!!!AAAAAAAA!!!!! "if it's stupid but it works, it ain't stupid."

Sweet emotion

Sweet emotion

Enlightened
Sep 14, 2019
There is no one on here that can diagnose you. You really need to see a psychiatrist because medication can really help you. And you need to keep seeing your therapist. So what if it's on your medical records? What do you think it's going to affect? Your job possibly? You can't be worried about that right now. You have to focus on getting better. You have to be the best you you can possibly be and if meds can help you should try them. I wish you the best.
There is no one on here that can diagnose you. You really need to see a psychiatrist because medication can really help you. And you need to keep seeing your therapist. So what if it's on your medical records? What do you think it's going to affect? Your job possibly? You can't be worried about that right now. You have to focus on getting better. You have to be the best you you can possibly be and if meds can help you should try them. I wish you the best.
I feel the same way. When I'm outside my "house", I manage to distance myself from overthinking/depression/hopelessness, but when I'm home, I start thinking, overanalyzing my life. I don't like my flat because it's so dark. My neighbours don't appreciate me playing loud music, and it makes me so angry. From what you're writing, I don't think you have huge mental health problems. The fact that you leave your house, go for a drive... Everybody gets depressed during life. I believe it's part og being human. I also think therapists and doctors tend to overdiagnose mental health issues. Maybe you just feel lonely and need a good sparring partner..?

Try to cope without meds, although your therapist might wanna "push" you to try. Good luck

HugS
Therapists aren't able to put you on meds. Only psychiatrists can. Therapists aren't doctors.
Do you spend a lot of time in your house alone? I'm not able to go outside because I have a very bad pain disease but sometimes I do have to go outside and when I do and go back home, I want to cry sometimes. It's like I'm going back to prison. So if your situation is similar to mine, it's normal to not want to go back home. I don't think that is the definition of bipolar. I think it's just depression. But again I'm not a doctor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Susannah and Detour
Detour

Detour

Detour Ahead
Oct 25, 2019

Therapists aren't able to put you on meds. Only psychiatrists can. Therapists aren't doctors.
Do you spend a lot of time in your house alone? I'm not able to go outside because I have a very bad pain disease but sometimes I do have to go outside and when I do and go back home, I want to cry sometimes. It's like I'm going back to prison. So if your situation is similar to mine, it's normal to not want to go back home. I don't think that is the definition of bipolar. I think it's just depression. But again I'm not a doctor.
Thank you this helped a lot , I realized that I do need to see a psychiatrist. While therapy has helped the anxiety and depression is still there and I cant stand it for much longer.

• Love
Reactions: Sweet emotion