N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
There was a time I was pretty much into his videos. During his battle against T-series. Though I absolutely don't regret quitting to watch his content. I also quitted watching other youtbers. I had the feeling most people were assholes in real life and arrogant. Retrospectively I hated how greedy they were. Their merch was insanely expensive. I am glad I never bought something. These people have already too much money than they deserve. They are social media stars or influencers they did not really provide meaning or value to my life.

I think the time when I quitted Pewdiepie was when he made videos laughing about delusional people. I think this was a common trend on youtube for quite a while. Maybe it still is. I had two psychosis and I can say this for sure it is not funny at all. This is a hellish illness and the last thing these people need is a worldwide audience that gawks or makes fun of them. You see what happens when you don't take mental health issues seriously with Etika. And yeah I have the feeling the same people who posted how sad they were about Etika's suicide are the same people who laugh about other delusional people on youtube. I am disgusted by that.

There also was this anti-semitism scandal. But I don't want too dive into that now.

Maybe you watched some of his videos? i started to dislike postmodern irony when there is no real substance behind the jokes. If they pretend to rebel against the system but secretly fully support it. I elaborated on that in a long thread about comedy shows I once wrote in this forum.

not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I haven't watched anything recently. I did watch a little years ago. I'm kinda jealous of him.
To be that rich and good looking. Probably being good looking has helped him with followers.
The comments he has made is wrong. Hopefully he has changed but I don't really follow what's happened.

W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
I honestly haven't though of him in a long time. I don't mean it in a bad way, but I forgot that he was on the internet, maybe I just dwell in different spaces.

Good for him that he is sucessful. But if I was in his place, I'd crack from the amount of eyes on my every move, and then downspiral. I guess that's one plus of not being famous, you get to have a mental breakdown without it being exploited for money or views. Or not having your death be used as some clickbait...

I don't really know.

• Hugs
Reactions: WonderingSoul, Another Day Empty and not-2-b-the-answer
R

Rocinante

Enlightened
Aug 26, 2022
Haven't watched him since his "the Simpsons in real life" video. YouTube personalities aren't really my thing. With that being said, I did find his videos entertaining when I did watch him.

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Arrow

Arrow

Rewrite
May 1, 2020
Stopped watching him over half a decade ago. The stuff he does now just isn't particularly interesting to me. Don't really have anything against the guy he's just not making stuff I care about.

C

come to dust

Arcanist
Oct 28, 2019
Didn't he make fun of Indian people?

Reactions: Another Day Empty
A

Another Day Empty

Sep 8, 2022
Truth be known, people similar to him just exude this aura of something underhanded and not too far off in the background around them. But even the real hilarious ones like The Angry Video Game Need, those guys too can be prone to the "sometimes a fucked up person" look to everybody. I guess you really can't say anything either way unless you have firsthand involvement or firsthand witness to that person... It's all personal speculation at this point I'd say.

lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
I don't care for him much like most popular youtubers.

I don't think I've ever watched a full video of his content. And plan to keep it that way.

But good for him on standing the test of time on youtube and still having a sizable rabid fanbase.

PleaseTakeMeAway

PleaseTakeMeAway

Nothing to say anymore.
Jul 16, 2022
I used to like him a lot. I haven't watched him in years, really. I always stuck with Markiplier more.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream, Alcoholic Teletubby, MindFrog and 1 other person
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I watched a few of his videos in the past year and I could not find anything entertaining about them. He's so filthy rich maybe he's just not putting much effort in, but I could not understand at all why people would watch his videos.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I think I'm jealous. How and why has he built such a following? Why does anyone care?

• Hugs
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
I think I'm jealous. How and why has he built such a following? Why does anyone care?
It looks like some people liked bus earlier stuff, but Mrbeast is zooming right past him because his stuff is way more entertaining now. It still seems like youtube is in it's infancy, ten years from now it could be replacing cable t.v. and regular movies and t.v. channels for many people- the content quality will improve so much over the nexyt tens years you would think.

Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
It looks like some people liked bus earlier stuff, but Mrbeast is zooming right past him because his stuff is way more entertaining now. It still seems like youtube is in it's infancy, ten years from now it could be replacing cable t.v. and regular movies and t.v. channels for many people- the content quality will improve so much over the nexyt tens years you would think.
All the more reason for me to depart now. I've missed the boat, I couldn't even get you to watch the one thing I posted

• Hugs
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I watched a few of his videos in the past year and I could not find anything entertaining about them. He's so filthy rich maybe he's just not putting much effort in, but I could not understand at all why people would watch his videos.
He's not fugly like me.:wink::aw:

Unhirable

Unhirable

Proud member of the FBI and CIA.
Sep 14, 2022
He's only popular because he's attractive. His content isn't special or even good.

If he was some random looking bozo he would've never passed 1000 subscribers.

• Love
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
I did follow Pewds for his horror gameplays but stopped when it turned a comedy react channel. Some of his views kinda felt fake to me. It's like he changes it to what's more 'shocking' and appealing to his following. Maybe I just wasn't the target audience anymore since it just felt boring to me. I do miss his dogs thou.

Also stayed with markiplier for the gameplays, especially the ones with bob and wade.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
TiredLostHope20

TiredLostHope20

SN Arrived!
Aug 24, 2022
youtube personalities are really not my thing

Alcoholic Teletubby

Alcoholic Teletubby

Rip in piss
Jan 10, 2022
I've held a 6-year-long vendetta against him.

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
All these way too rich YouTubers are pretty insufferable tbh. I hate MrBeast too.

Reactions: WhiteRabbit
WhiteRabbit

WhiteRabbit

I'm late, i'm late. For a very important date.
Feb 12, 2019
All these way too rich YouTubers are pretty insufferable tbh. I hate MrBeast too.
I think you have to have a certain type of personality to be super successful at YouTube. I find those types grating tbh.

I get kind of a down low sociopathic vibe from Mr. Beast and i'm not even sure why, lol.

• Love
Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I've probably only watched a handful of his millions of videos, but only because someone else wanted me to or because Youtube recommended one of them and I clicked it out of curiosity. Aside from that, I've never had any interest in his content.

I always stuck with Markiplier more.
That was true for me as well, even though I haven't watched his stuff in a while either. I found his content more interesting because he always seemed like a genuinely good guy who wanted to make people laugh and help those less fortunate than himself, but Pewdiepie always seemed like more of a phony to me, like he was putting on an act for views, but most successful people on youtube probably do that anyways.

I admit that I'm a lot more cynical than I used to be, so I'm probably biased, but sometimes I wonder if most of those people on youtube with large channels are just showing off for the camera when they do charity streams. Sometimes they donate hundreds or thousands of dollars all at once in front of millions of viewers, but compared to how much they actually make from ad revenue and merch sales every year, the amount they're donating is probably just pocket change.

I'd like to believe most of those people are doing it out of the kindness of their hearts and that they're trying to inspire others to be better when they host those kinds of events, but it wouldn't be the first time someone rich and famous dished out money to the poor just to maintain their popularity and win people's trust. It's a lot harder to be generous when your income is low and no one's watching you do it, than it is for someone who's wealthy and has a large audience.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MindFrog
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I think you have to have a certain type of personality to be super successful at YouTube. I find those types grating tbh.

I get kind of a down low sociopathic vibe from Mr. Beast and i'm not even sure why, lol.
Yeah totally. But also this "philanthropy" bs. It's just PR to avoid being canceled. And if you're super rich it's no sweat to appear all generous. Nobody sings my praises if I give a homeless person $5, but MrBeast builds some well in Africa and he's the second coming. I hate that shit. Nobody even has the balls to tell him how creepy his facial hair looks.

hunterfla

hunterfla

Experienced
Sep 13, 2022
I never watched him...he never did content that I cared about. I do like COMPANYMAN as he dives into companies I know and I always learn alot from his videos. I also watch a couple of so-called reaction channels like ALEXISSHOOK and some true crime channels like THATCHAPTER. I used to watch this guy DREDREXLER because he is literally everything I wish I was but know I could never be. Anyway I'm not affililiated with any of them but they are some that take my mind off my impending demise for a few minutes here and there.