• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I think one of the things we all struggle with is the perceived lack of meaning to life. If we aren't able to find our own purpose (that makes sense to us- even if it doesn't to anyone else) then- when we struggle- we tend to logically think- why SHOULD we struggle like this? What's the point?

It's actually such a bizarre concept in itself- meaning. What is meaning? How COULD something as complex as a life have a single meaning or purpose? To obey rules in order to get to heaven seems a bit dull really. To fulfil ones potential maybe. That seems all embracing enough. We're usually pretty miserable when we don't fill our potential. Still- what if we have the potential to be really evil? 😬

I think we tend to tie this concept of meaning up with reward... What will I get if I do all that is required of me on this earth? I guess in some religions- it's heaven.

I'm not even sure if it would make things better if we knew there was a meaning behind all this! If I'm honest- I think there probably isn't... I'm becoming gradually convinced that consciousness and all that goes with it (religion, philosophy) is just an (unhappy) mistake.

Still- running with the theme- I suppose I'd like the world to be fairer. That if you try to be a good person and if you work hard- you will get rewarded rather than exploited. Especially on this planet- I'm not too keen on the idea of an eternal afterlife, although- a brief reunion with loved ones would be nice. I suppose choice then as well. Freedom to choose and a fairer input to reward system would probably be my preference.

What would you like the meaning of life to be? Do you think it would actually help if there was a universal meaning to it all?

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34 and ksp
ksp

ksp

Arcanist
Oct 1, 2022
i really don't see the reason(s) why i exist… (to avoid your points about 'meaning')

i'd rather my consciousness would just stop, and not have to think about anything
(i'm even starting to not tolerate the minutes, hours, days, months, years)

Ilayis

Ilayis

SuicidalManPup
Sep 4, 2022
I don't see any meaning really. I think we are born, try to do things to fill the voids, make us happy, have some sort of purpose.

I think meaning may be some kind of social setup like getting a car, a mate and a house. Things that are (or used to be) expected milestones/goals in life.

Whoever first asked what's the meaning of life asked an unanswerable question and it has caused many people to question why they haven't achieved certain things or made a massive impact on the world and in turn makes them feel not good enough.

Instead of just doing things that make us feel fulfilled or allowing others to knock us down with their thoughts on what's a successful life we end up questioning everything and judging ourselves. If you think about that too much you end up driving yourself crazy!!!(I've overthought everything myself in my life Gahhhh)

Wish I was better at explaining my own thoughts!!

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I don't see any meaning really. I think we are born, try to do things to fill the voids, make us happy, have some sort of purpose.

I think meaning may be some kind of social setup like getting a car, a mate and a house. Things that are (or used to be) expected milestones/goals in life.

Whoever first asked what's the meaning of life asked an unanswerable question and it has caused many people to question why they haven't achieved certain things or made a massive impact on the world and in turn makes them feel not good enough.

Instead of just doing things that make us feel fulfilled or allowing others to knock us down with their thoughts on what's a successful life we end up questioning everything and judging ourselves. If you think about that too much you end up driving yourself crazy!!!(I've overthought everything myself in my life Gahhhh)

Wish I was better at explaining my own thoughts!!

I'd say you explained your thoughts brilliantly- and SO true. Getting caught up in what we OUGHT to be doing when we don't even know (and have no way of knowing) is nonsensical. You're right- damn those philosophers!

I think overthinking makes me so miserable and frustrated.

• Love
Reactions: Ilayis
Destiny Calls Me

Destiny Calls Me

Do I answer?
Nov 23, 2022
1. Live fast, smoke grass and eat ass 2. Boats n Hoes

Honestly you summed it up pretty good. At a basic level were just here to reproduce and survive, everything else is extra. I think for some religion furthers that "meaning"

Ilayis

Ilayis

SuicidalManPup
Sep 4, 2022
I'd say you explained your thoughts brilliantly- and SO true. Getting caught up in what we OUGHT to be doing when we don't even know (and have no way of knowing) is nonsensical. You're right- damn those philosophers!

I think overthinking makes me so miserable and frustrated.
Thanks..I try lol.

I know I started judging myself real bad when others had to let me know that my job and/or physical appearance wasn't living up to their or societies supposed standards.

Now I'm always questioning what I do or instantly regretting things I do. Even things I've always wanted to do because I wonder how I'll be perceived by others.(There I go overthinking again :(

Was I very self aware of my appearance? No. Could I have done better to have a better body? Yes but I was pretty content with myself and they just had to shatter any self worth that I had.

The other struggle is very true with work which takes up so much of our lives.

Turning a Hobbie into a career(Hopefully a successful one)is wayyyy more fulfilling than just working a job with people you dont like for a check.

Money doesn't buy happiness but doing something you love and getting paid to do it? Now that's a dream!!!

Honestly you summed it up pretty good. At a basic level were just here to reproduce and survive, everything else is extra. I think for some religion furthers that "meaning"
Love your attitude and completely agree!! Especially ass eating lol.

Just animals that let our brains get in the way!!

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I really just don't like the sound of life having some kind of objective meaning and I just don't believe that anything could ever really justify all of the suffering and endless torture that exists here. It just makes sense that life is just an unfortunate consequence of evolution, where we exist only to die and be forgotten about.

Existence could never be something that is meaningful in anyway, as after all chance determines everything and so many people suffer so much all through no fault of their own. It's all just random, there's no meaning to this. The only thing that I would really like is to be completely unaware of this world where I can finally not exist, free from this unnecessary existence.

InLoveWithAGhost

InLoveWithAGhost

Jan 20, 2023
Since the question is what I would like the meaning of life to be...mutual improvement. Helping others and recieving help in return. I definitely percieve life as being meaningless, but it's like a blank canvas. You can make it into anything you want, it's just a matter of what tools you have and how you can use them.

...Also seconding this.

ilovecats

ilovecats

Empty Husk
Feb 1, 2023
I really wish I had another way of thinking so I wouldn't see the world as I do now. We live to reproduce, just as any other being on this planet. That's how life works and there's no other meaning even if you wanted to make one yourself. Then we die, the world would be as if we never existed and the ones that mourned us will die too, deleting every memory of us. And even if by pure luck/hardwork you manage to get into the history books, the humanity will end someday. There's no escape from being completely forgotten. Every memory of us, every thing we achieved, every trace of our existence will be wiped out of reality no matter what. That's just my opinion though.

I think we should try to live our lives to the fullest, set our own personal goals and just be happy during our short time we have on this planet so at least we make something out of what the universe/god gave us.