UsurpedByDepression

UsurpedByDepression

non cogito, ergo, non sum.
Dec 9, 2023
What would be the turning point that would dispel your torment? What would be the hypothetical wishes/wish you would grant so that your life would be worth living again? (if you had the power to do so);
if you want, let's fantasize about them a bit, after all, there's nothing else left to get closer to them.

Reactions: Kit1
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
In my case I don't believe that existence was ever something worth having in the first place. Having the ability to exist as a conscious being is a tiresome burden, and in my case no matter what I'd always prefer to cease existing.
All that existence is, is an endless cycle of suffering and cruelty that so tragically continues to repeat when new life is forced here. I don't see any value in decaying from age in this undesirable existence where there is no limit as to how much one can suffer, only the thought of eternally ceasing to exist comforts me, it's a curse to exist in the first place.

Reactions: doormat25, Kit1, kvsvenky100 and 2 others
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i would need a cure for the following brain injury, tinnitus, decayed teeth, dislocated shoulder and damaged stomach lining
then i would need a home of my own and 60k a year to live comfortably and a gf then i could be happy

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kit1, kvsvenky100 and 2 others
Seered Doom

Seered Doom

A nihilist going through an unrelinquished Hell
Sep 9, 2023
It would be completely unrealistic, but if I have to say, it'd be getting access to disability support a lot easier and for people to start taking my pain a lot more seriously. I want my parents to stop making my problems about them and rolling their eyes at my pain and actually listen to me instead of interrogating me and saying I'm wasting time by being suicidal. I want them to actually tell me that I make them happy or they're actually proud of me instead of me having to ask for validation. I just want someone to be able to tell me how proud they are of me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Freyja13, leavingthesoultrap and 6 others
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
If my illness could be.cured and my pain taken away. I developed neurological and endocrine malfunction two Weeks after the c19 vaccination. I believe it, my drs dont believe the link.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Forever Sleep, leavingthesoultrap and 4 others
SparkleWater

SparkleWater

Oct 13, 2020
maybe it would help me maybe it wouldnt im not too sure but my parents saying they did wrong and that their sorry. the world treated me harshly and i couldnt even find support from my own family.

but i know that will never happen. the only time my dad sorry was when i actually ended up in the psych ward (after 3-4 times of my parents talking the doctors out of it when i was a teen). They only will admit fault if my life is at risk.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Freyja13, Kit1 and 4 others
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
I'd need an entirely new brain and a metabolism that never gained weight. It would be fantastic if I could swallow a "mind eraser" potion and not recall any trauma from my past. šŸ’–

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Freyja13, Kit1 and 1 other person
O

outrider567

Visionary
Apr 5, 2022
Nothing

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kit1, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Love...fun...stability...
The normal kind of stuff other people can just have , enjoy and take for granted.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Boller Bryant, Kit1 and 1 other person
kittyswift

kittyswift

getting tired even for a phoenix..
Sep 29, 2023
if i could go back in time i think things would be very different for me if my family was not so dysfunctional and abusive. i think i would also be a different person than i am now if i got the mental health treatment i asked for when i actually needed it- it just feels too late now :/ i think i would settle for an apology from my parents though, their neglect and abuse has hurt me a lot

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Freyja13, UsurpedByDepression and 1 other person
GlutenFreeCat

GlutenFreeCat

You're gonna carry that weight.
Dec 6, 2023
Looking back at my life I've realized that I've never really appreciated it to begin with. I was exposed to some pretty horrible things from an earlier age.

"I've a modern bone to pick with careless creators, make sure the damage is thick and deep within their heads..."

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, UsurpedByDepression and Kit1
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
A significant other maybe? I'm not one of those people that base their worth off being in a relationship or anything, but the idea that I'm capable of being loved might dissuade me. Still feel that I'd come right back here eventually though.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Celerity, Freyja13 and 2 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Nothing. What's the point of life anyway ? To work all day just to exist under threat of extreme torture? That's what I see.

Life is completely meaningless anyway but even less because of how short it is.

Another thing out of hundreds that no one ever mentions. anybody ever wonder how time flies so fast and nobody talks about why? For example it's almost 2024. how fast did this year fly by 2023? the last 5 years? 2019 was 5 years ago because it's a few days till 2024. Most people are younger here so might not realize that once in 30's 50's 60's the decades do fly by like a blink also. so younger might not see this but anybody older will ..Nobody talks about how or why this is . but how could something that is so quick mean anything ? imo life is a big scam but one you can fall into a trap of extreme pain

Like a fly here one second and gone the next . Obliterated forever into the void of non-existence : well that's how most would see it if they believed it's nothing after death. to me it's the best thing to be not existing forever. like if a human never existed. And we do share 42% same genes with a fly . but the neurons and cells are identical eukaryotic cells.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, jaxxon_sunn, Forever Sleep and 4 others
UsurpedByDepression

UsurpedByDepression

Dec 9, 2023
The way in which the passage of time is perceived differs for each individual who experiences it, such as colors for example;
to exemplify, as children time seems eternal, "long-winded", since we are conditioned by amazement, since at that tender age everything is considered brand new the brain is hyper-stimulated, ergo, it has a lot to work on and the years that have passed we perceive them as "saturated," or, in the most positive sense of the term, "intense",

but when we get older or lose interest in life, everything seems "already seen", everything is monotonous or, simply, we have an apathy for the objects and tasks that life offers us that makes everything boring, therefore the brain is not stimulated at all as it once was and therefore time escapes because we have not filled it;

Then there is the lockdown to consider, which has certainly corroborated/fueled certain processes such as boredom, depression and monotony.

Furthermore, there are studies that attest to the decrease in eye movements when viewing new images in the elderly, compared to those in children, therefore, the fewer images stored during the collection of information we have on an object, the less vivid the associated memory will be to that object, as a result time will seem faster.

(eye movements are called "saccadic movements" because they take their name from the "saccade" which is the snapping movement of the eye; while awake we perform about 150,000 of them in a day).

• Informative
Reactions: Forever Sleep, Fall_Apart and Kit1
K

Kalista

Failed hard to pull the trigger - Now using SN
Feb 5, 2023
I would wish to erase all that wrong doings I've done to hurt someone I care for and start over. This way I can work on my issues silently as I live life happily with her.

Or to have someone appear now with an interest in me to fill this hole in my chest. No judgements and an understanding person willing to work through whatever suffering life throws at us.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Freyja13, Kit1 and 1 other person
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Nuclear decimation of the human race.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and UsurpedByDepression
UsurpedByDepression

UsurpedByDepression

Dec 9, 2023
I would wish to erase all that wrong doings I've done to hurt someone I care for and start over. This way I can work on my issues silently as I live life happily with her.

Or to have someone appear now with an interest in me to fill this hole in my chest. No judgements and an understanding person willing to work through whatever suffering life throws at us.
I too had this desire for an accomplice in my life, someone with whom I could face adversity together, but once I had it I understood that I would be a burden for her, that I would be, for her, one of the adversities to face, and then I decided to push her away from me, to protect her.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kalista and Kit1
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I cannot change my past. If the flashbacks, nightmares and dissociation stops and I am able to sleep well, I think chance of survival will look better.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Freyja13, leavingthesoultrap and 1 other person
K

kcatchesthebus

Jun 29, 2023
If my husband came back to me. He is the only person who makes life bearable for me. I cannot survive without his love and support

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, river, Celerity and 3 others
Mistiie

Mistiie

This is a Junly moment
Nov 10, 2023
If I had the ability to alter my brain in any way I desire, to make myself a better person, or to just not be me as a whole, that would be more than enough. There is nothing in my life that causes issues. The fault lies within me and who I am, and the only way to remedy that is to remove who I am from being and substitute it with a different person, built from the ground up, with different experiences, feelings, and thoughts. Every aspect that makes me me can be removed save for 'me' perceiving it through that consciousness. Only then would I be happy.

I suppose that can be framed as having been born differently. Let another sperm make its way to the egg. Wait another month. Then I might have turned out as a different person and would have experienced different things.

• Hugs
RuntimeError

RuntimeError

I wanna sleep forever ;-;
Feb 4, 2023
Love maybe. It just seems that I'll never find it. Living would be so much easier without these feelings. So I guess apathy would also make me appreciate life again

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, river, Celerity and 2 others
melancholia_melodia

melancholia_melodia

Nov 29, 2023
Love, love and love. Just general love would be enough for me to tell the Grim Reaper to pack off and come back another day.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, river, Celerity and 2 others
AnNika

AnNika

Your eyes are blinded by faith.
Dec 2, 2023
I want my grandma back
Taking away my alcoholism would be awesome too.

• Hugs
  • Love
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(į“—_ į“—怂)
Nov 25, 2023
getting 4.5 million dollars would do

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, river, UsurpedByDepression and 1 other person
WeDontKnowTheFuture

WeDontKnowTheFuture

Student
Feb 3, 2023
Go back in the past to rediscover the interest i lost over time.

• Hugs
TheShadowKing

TheShadowKing

ā‰½^- Ė• -^ā‰¼
Dec 5, 2023
A time machine

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and leavingthesoultrap
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
finally experiencing what it is like to be normal (not being socially inept + a life where I never experienced bullying) and having at least 1 to 3 friends

but I don't think I can change those things so a more realistic answer is probably a good amount of money to buy a house or apartment in a different country

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, RuntimeError and Kit1
BlockHammer

BlockHammer

Confused loser
Oct 25, 2023
If i can be financially independent, have a salary that's enough to buy something i like, to cure myself from adhd and procasination, have a healthy working enviroment and the last is to buy my own car

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Kit1 and UsurpedByDepression
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
Love

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Celerity, Kit1 and 1 other person
Aim

Aim