• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Vox

Vox

Mar 28, 2018
Well, plain and simple, what would it take to save you?

Money? Love? Purpose? A mild lobotomy?

Just wondering what, if anything, could turn someone back from suicide. I suppose if all my memories were erased, I could have another go at life. Until I end up here again.

C

Cadetmd

Apr 3, 2018
The girl I love, decent job and an end to the constant failures

Reactions: dano6533
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
Just to elaborate a bit more, while salvation is not possible, I don't discard the possibility of something or someone working as an anchor to keep me here, alive. After all, my main reason to be as of now is, well, a dog. Who knows, maybe I will find a boy/girlfriend and decide to stay around for them and for them only.

Heh.

It is scary because I am far too romantic and idealistic when it comes to romance, for my own good, so I would rather not find anyone and stay by myself until my final days. It is safer.

Fylobatica

Fylobatica

Inactive
Apr 1, 2018
What would I need to be saved. A good question. I've thought a lot about life and I realized that from my perspective is kind of pointless, but I'm not saying this out of desperation -- it's just an opinion. No matter what I try to do everyday-- being productive, trying to be helpful, just enjoying life for the sake of it-- I just get knocked back by various situations. My accomplishments slip away, "the satisfaction of hard work" vanishes in a split second in my mind.
What would I need to be saved... I have no answers, man. Do I need to be saved?

G_G_G

G_G_G

Mar 30, 2018
To completely save me from suicide I'd need a life that would have some hope of not being relegated to wage slavery, and constant social anxiety. More anchors in my life would also likely help, but even with the few I have now I'm still hoping the reaper comes to find me.

Vox

Vox

Mar 28, 2018
Really interesting answers... I'm wondering if, really broadly speaking, we're all looking for the same thing: someone who cares about us enough to take the burden away.

Could be a romantic partner, a really good friend, or maybe even a manager type person who will handle all your headaches. Someone who validates your existence by the mere fact that they care about you and will do anything to keep you alive.

You'd think with the world's population getting bigger by the second, it would get easier to find someone like that. But instead it seems like everyone's getting more disconnected and isolated.

Damn I was trying to be optimistic but I just talked myself into a hole again. Oh well.

A

amatin

Apr 3, 2018
I keep holding out for someone to genuinely and unconditionally care about me but it just won't happen. That's the only thing at this point. Otherwise I would need time travel to not be where I am now. Everything is just one problem after another. I solve it and the people I try to love just throw more shit on me.

TheDemonPrince

TheDemonPrince

Mar 17, 2018
Ever since me and a girl got into a relationship, I've been better, so bringing that to a further level would probably do it

Fylobatica

Fylobatica

Inactive
Apr 1, 2018
You'd think with the world's population getting bigger by the second, it would get easier to find someone like that. But instead it seems like everyone's getting more disconnected and isolated.

Yep. And that's why I don't buy into the optimistic attitude of people who basically spend their lives telling themselves (and what's worse, to others) that "things will get better with the world". They won't, because the population is increasing at an alarming rate, more and more people come to this world without a reason and they find themselves suddenly in the middle of nowhere because they don't know what life's about.
I still can't fathom how people can actually be convinced that someday we will all jump to a safe heavenly boat (remember that we're more than 7 billion people here right now, and we're definitely going to hit the +10.000.000.000 mark soon) where we all will be happy and getting along well with each other, when we barely can make a relationship with 2 people work for a bunch of months/years. It's just plain crazy and illogical

A

Aity4883

Mar 28, 2018
To die.
Death is what can set me free from my body which is a prison. From this rotten hell we call Earth. From the infinitely stupid humanity. Fron the evil disease called human nature.

So to save me. I should die and go to another world where things are good.

M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
To die.
Death is what can set me free from my body which is a prison. From this rotten hell we call Earth. From the infinitely stupid humanity. Fron the evil disease called human nature.

So to save me. I should die and go to another world where things are good.
It would be nice if there was a different world, or different worlds, where things were better, but somehow I feel if we come back to life after death, by whatever means, it will be in this hell again.

Vox

Vox

Mar 28, 2018
It would be nice if there was a different world, or different worlds, where things were better, but somehow I feel if we come back to life after death, by whatever means, it will be in this hell again.

Aity4883 gets points for a clever interpretation of "save" haha. Can't argue with that.

But like millefeui I'm skeptical of a better world, anywhere. Assuming this universe is all we get (big assumption I know, but I don't really believe in the alternate universe theory), then if our consciousness continues at all, the only place that looks remotely hospitable is Earth. So either we end up on a dead asteroid or we're right back here where we started. Sort of like having a choice between a crappy apartment with rude neighbors, or being homeless.

For me the best scenario is nonexistence. But even that is a gamble.

ChizuruN

ChizuruN

Failure at Living, Failure at Dying
Mar 20, 2018
"Save"
Man, I do hate that word sometimes.

Well, I suppose if anything were to "save" me from whatever this is, it wouldn't be possible now. It's not like I can just go back to being ignorant unless I manage to fully delude myself, forget these past few years, and change the memories I have of my childhood. Honestly, whatever 'this' is is really just who I am as a person. My life would have to have played out differently for me to develop a different personality.

Reading some of your responses is interesting... how some of you have ideals that, if met, life wouldn't be so bad for you. I have many more thoughts on this and on why I find the responses interesting, but I'm unable to coherently piece together what I want to say at this point in time.

Vox

Vox

Mar 28, 2018
It's not like I can just go back to being ignorant unless I manage to fully delude myself, forget these past few years, and change the memories I have of my childhood.

I totally agree that we can't delude ourselves, Ah but here's the funny part... in theory, someone else can delude you. Maybe that's the appeal of love, it can put us in an emotionally drugged state where we are susceptible to suggestion. Suppose you fall in love, and that person keeps telling you things are under control and your past doesn't matter, I bet it can change your entire outlook on life. Is it fake? Yeah probably. But while it lasts, life might be worthwhile. Again... so I've been told 0_o

anna

anna

downfall
Mar 18, 2018
A world without humans (only nonhuman animals or maybe a few good humans and empathic sterilized), a new brain (without pain, but without changing anything else) and a time machine.
And even so ... nothing convinces me.

ChizuruN

ChizuruN

Failure at Living, Failure at Dying
Mar 20, 2018
I totally agree that we can't delude ourselves, Ah but here's the funny part... in theory, someone else can delude you. Maybe that's the appeal of love, it can put us in an emotionally drugged state where we are susceptible to suggestion. Suppose you fall in love, and that person keeps telling you things are under control and your past doesn't matter, I bet it can change your entire outlook on life. Is it fake? Yeah probably. But while it lasts, life might be worthwhile. Again... so I've been told 0_o
I wonder what love truly feels like. I thought that I had felt it before, but that was just infatuation.
Nowadays I just seem to be experiencing what I'll call "logical
attraction", where I feel close to someone, am willing to get intimate with them and settle down with them for the rest of however long my life will be. But I don't think that what I'm experiencing right now is... "love".

L

lone3wolf

Apr 7, 2018
I want to feel happiness.

I feel so numb. People tell that i literally dont have any emotions. I do have emotions, but a lot less than the normal ones.

I just want to get out of this life. I dont want anything. I really feel like a monk. I dont feel happy with things like others of my same age.

If something could change my emotions,and make me feel happy. May be I would stay for some more time. But not longer as life itself is pointless..

I think of life as one of the many journeys (a.k.a punishments) my soul has to take in order to rest in peace.

Last edited:
Malice1

Malice1

Experienced
Apr 6, 2018
Aity4883 gets points for a clever interpretation of "save" haha. Can't argue with that.

But like millefeui I'm skeptical of a better world, anywhere. Assuming this universe is all we get (big assumption I know, but I don't really believe in the alternate universe theory), then if our consciousness continues at all, the only place that looks remotely hospitable is Earth. So either we end up on a dead asteroid or we're right back here where we started. Sort of like having a choice between a crappy apartment with rude neighbors, or being homeless.

For me the best scenario is nonexistence. But even that is a gamble.

If earth really is the best place to be in the entire universe then we are truly fucked lol. Not that it really matters if we cant travel somehow to remote planets after death. That would be so cool if our conciousness could travel throughout the universe in search of a new home. Sadly i suspect that is not the case.

Sonnenblume

Sonnenblume

Sunflower Panda
Apr 6, 2018
A fuckton of pain medication, a hot sexbot, 10 million dollars, a Porsche 911 Carerra in that pretty robin's egg blue color they have, a job that's actually productive and not just bullshit like so many are now,a couple of good friends who aren't pollyana morons to do things with, and a cute house by the beach. I don't want much lol That wouldn't last me forever though, I'd be bored of it all within a few years, no doubt. It'd just delay the inevitable a bit. Life's a prison.

Edit: I also want Pebbles the cursing cockatoo

Last edited:
Reactions: dano6533 and G_G_G
M

Makhlebite

Apr 8, 2018
If I had enough money to not have to work for the rest of my life... I would still be suicidal, but the prospect of being able to live a fulfilling life without the daily grind would at least motivate me to make another effort to make my life happy.

sweetbraid

sweetbraid

Apr 15, 2018
Generally: if i was happy.
Specific components to this: monetary wealth, if i couldve waited to have a child, if i could start my band, if i had more inspiration to write, if i wasnt probably dying of brain cancer, if i could be with a person who actually makes me happy and who is happy from being with me (this guy is literally in my sights but we dont live in the same city).

thatguyakira123

thatguyakira123

Experienced
Apr 10, 2018
A childhool where I wasn't abused and ostracized, where relegion stayed out of it, being born in a different country, a job that is actually good, real friends, real family, a boyfriend, freedom from mental illness and freedom from addiction.

Last edited:
H

humanbeingthrowaway

Apr 16, 2018
to have a drip of a drug that makes me feel happy happy joy joy that i never get a tolerance to so it's good for life dripping in me 24 hours a day.
then i won't mind the bad much

Reactions: dano6533 and G_G_G
V

VintheBlueRose

Apr 10, 2018
A large quantity of money, maybe this would give me enough will to change my mind again. I failed too much in life but the last two years was truly devasting my mother deceived me and I was broken financially and mentally also thanks to her I will lose my dog friend. After this particular event I was already planning my suicide and selling"all I have" this was when I found true love with this woman. Or so I imagined but was just more things to break me. Honestly I never looked for someone, trusting in the wrong people is the born of my failures but this was the last time for me. I would get this money help some friends and go live by myself in another country with snow, my garden, pets, and some instruments I would be enough to at least try to feel will to live again for me.