kyle

kyle

Sleeping away all my problems
May 3, 2020
I would have to say "The Scientist" by Coldplay. It just gives me that certain vibe, you know?

Reactions: Vizzini and Curiositykillskitty
Curiositykillskitty

Curiositykillskitty

May 3, 2020
Not sure on particular song but a few songs by The Smiths always seem very relevant to myself.
When I'm committing suicide I think I would choose Gravity by Colplay(I'm thinking of what could be) but When they(mortuary) are cremating, I choose "I know it's over " by The Smiths.

100% could be the song!!! Just commented below the smiths before I saw this

dsbmsk8

dsbmsk8

The Tenth Sub Level of Suicide
May 4, 2020

• Hugs
Reactions: TheSoulless and KleinerWolf
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
If I were to commit suicide,
This is the song for my mom.

Mama- Queen

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Because Irony has always ruled my life, there will probably be someone blasting this song as I ctb.

Reactions: Chimera Crow
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
It's just peaceful

Satie is great! I really like playing Satie on the piano. His music is just different to other composers, in a good way.

Reactions: voyager and Vizzini
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

I go on holidays by mistake
May 4, 2020
Considering the way I'm going, and the fact they're one of my favourite bands, I want Asleep, by The Smiths at my funeral. I think the lyrics would sooth my Mam, and they perfectly encapsulate what I'd want to get across -
"Don't feel bad for me, I want you to know, deep in the cell of my heart, I really want to go. There is another world, there is a better world".
Morrisey might have turned into a grade A arsehole, but his lyrics were always excellent.

I won't have anything so maudlin when I go though, it'll be Iron Man by Sabbath or something playing, plotting my revenge on the cruel world, even if it's only metaphorically.

Reactions: RileyTanaka
hershberger

hershberger

Student
Dec 28, 2019
I'm such a huge fan of The Beatles that it would be hard to go without them. As of today, though, it would be "Baby Blue" by Badfinger, a song which closed out the show Breaking Bad. The lyrics are particularly on point for my situation, so it seems like a good choice.

M

madbananas

Wizard
Apr 29, 2020
My funeral songs...

1) Willkommen - Cabaret (from the musical movie version). This will be when everyone is walking in.

2) Perfect Day - Lou Reed. This will be when my coffin is going down into the fiery furnace.

3) The Locomotion - Kylie Minogue. When everyone is leaving.

My life is a joke so I'll make my funeral a joke too :smiling:

xalltoowell

xalltoowell

Loner, loser and complicated wreck
Nov 3, 2019

Reactions: Chimera Crow
Iamnotperminant92

Iamnotperminant92

Alien visitor
May 4, 2020
Society by Eddie Vedder when I'm going out.

for the funeral: 'Like Lavender' by Horse feathers for the non-vocal segment alone.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Remember to forget
Cosmiq

Cosmiq

Student
May 7, 2020
Down to two songs, both considered some to be the happiest songs.
It's either :
Don't Stop Me Now by Queen because some of lyrics just fit with suicide for me in a way that says I'm relieved this okay
or
Mr. Blue Sky by Electric Light Orchestra because the last thing I look at will be the California sky before I close my eyes.

I'd probably have a different playlist while headed to my location though, with songs by Death, Megadeth, Depeche Mode, Lil Peep, XXXtentacion, Slayer, Taking Back Sunday and the sort.

Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
One member shared this song with me and I ABSOLUTELY love it ❤

It's "Hold on to memories" by Disturbed

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
One member shared this song with me and I ABSOLUTELY love it ❤

It's "Hold on to memories" by Disturbed
I love that song. I love disturbed in general. My favorite band

• Love
Reactions: Despondent
Zozo

Zozo

May 4, 2020
How about that cheesy "come on ride the train" song from the mid 90s. it could take on a beautifully morbid twist on it. Instead of catching the bus, we can catch the train. They even say " I think I can I think I can I think I can I think I can" like the little engine that could COMMIT SUICIDE.

I'm freaking rediculus. I know.