turnip

turnip

Jul 30, 2024
Planning ctb letters or announcements to humans is one thing, but lately I've been struggling with how to convey this information to my two (abnormally and excessively affectionate) cats. I know they will be well taken care of when I'm gone, but the idea of them thinking I abandoned them is (unfortunately not literally) killing me.

My plan is SN. If I let the cats in the room with me to cuddle while it set in, would they understand that I'd died and not wonder where I went? I'd love to have them for company, but would that be more traumatic for them than me closing the door and being gone forever? How do cats handle death? (Please no jokes about them eating my dead body, thank you 🙏)

Are your pets part of your ctb plan?

kat6

kat6

Sep 25, 2024
That makes me so sad to read. My cats are also super affectionate, and I live alone with them. I wouldn't trust anyone else to take care of them so they are literally what keeps me around. I couldn't bear to hurt them. I often think about what would happen if I got into an accident or something and died away from home. Would they think I abandoned them? Ugh I just can't.
I wish I had something helpful for you… just hugs and know you're a beautiful person for caring about your kitties like that.