Cheesecake

Cheesecake

҉ Walmart ҉
Aug 28, 2020
i don't know whether i should wait for her to go first or if i should instead, because i know when she dies I'll just go for the nearest method instead of the safest and it worries me. on the other hand if i die first i don't know how she might take it and it tears me up inside, i don't know what to do. why does it have to be so hard

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: pole, ForgottenAgain, rationaltake and 9 others
S

sad_rock

Student
Aug 27, 2023
maybe give her up for adoption? find an animal shelter near you. also your pfp made me hungry

Reactions: Cheesecake and hermestrimegistus
Leavesfromthevine

Leavesfromthevine

Untreated Trauma
Nov 23, 2023
If you choose to wait until she passes you could plan your method beforehand. It will give you the option you prefer the most while being with her until the end.

Reactions: ForgottenAgain, Cheesecake, Kasumi and 7 others
Y

Yaffle

Life’s a bitch
Nov 9, 2023
How old is your cat?

I know and feel the heartbreak you fear from losing my dog.💔

Reactions: Cheesecake and tiger b
A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
Tough situation. I know someone that will take my cat in, if anything ever happens to me.

Anecdotally, I had a family member die very suddenly and we were able to find his 2 cats a new home very quickly and they seem happy enough. They're resilient little creatures.

• Hugs
Reactions: Cheesecake, hermestrimegistus, tiger b and 1 other person
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
I think cats do miss their old owners. But cats will prevail.

Reactions: pole, Cheesecake, Kasumi and 3 others
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
I personally just couldn't leave my pet. I'd have to wait.
But if its your time just make sure your cat has a good loving home to go to. Don't leave it to chance.

Reactions: ForgottenAgain, Cheesecake and Skathon
todeswunsch

todeswunsch

On overtime in life
Oct 19, 2023
My two cats are very attached to me. One of them don't get near anybody else but me. Both are so sweet, and I fear they will suffer too much when I'm gone. Not sure if they will adapt to a new owner. Pets can get depression to... :/
I also don't know what to do with them. Waiting them to go will be too long.
It breaks my heart but I hope they will be ok by the end of the day. Animals seems to be more emotional resilient then us it seems. At least I hope so.
Whatever decision you take, I wish you and your cats the best!

• Hugs
Reactions: pole and Cheesecake
emptymiku

emptymiku

bokura wa inochi ni kirawarete iru
Mar 27, 2023
i'd say wait for them to pass. i could never leave my cats behind

• Love
Reactions: Cheesecake, Skathon and Passersby
IsThisEverything

IsThisEverything

Nov 1, 2023
I know how you feel. The only thing making me hesitate about CTB is my cat. Is there anyone who could look after her for you when you go, or a shelter so she could get adopted?

Reactions: Cheesecake and Skathon
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
If if she is old wait for her to pass, otherwise give her up for adoption

Reactions: Cheesecake
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
I have two cats that are my soulmates but it's not enough to make me wanna live......it breaks my heart but i'll see them at the rainbow bridge/ My abusive family hates me but loves them so atleast they'll get taken care of when I'm gone.
Drown it I guess, considering you got a pet as a suicidal person.
How disgusting you are.......gross weirdo

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Humble, Lullaby and Ε. Η. R.
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
I also have cats. But they not attached to me. I have lost two cats before too, thinking of their death is horrible for me. If I was you, i would find a loving person that is stable and respectful and would say to them like "i am moving to another country in x amount of days or months and looking for a mom for my cats" from there you ask this person questions and see if they a good fit and if the cat likes her . Making sure she will be loved can give you some peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ε. Η. R., Skathon and tiger b
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
I'm waiting for my dog to go. When she's gone I'm gone if I can make it that long.

Ε. Η. R.

Ε. Η. R.

Experienced
Oct 5, 2023
A very difficult situation.
I'm not pushing you in any way, but if you still decide to gone - find a family for your cat. But try to check them. It may be difficult in your condition. But it's worth trying for a family member.

Humble

Humble

Just chillin'
Nov 26, 2023
I would never get a pet or consider having a baby if I was remotely suicidal.
Not everyone has the same life as you, suggesting they should kill their pet because they are suicidal is disgusting imo

Cheesecake

Cheesecake

҉ Walmart ҉
Aug 28, 2020
I would never get a pet or consider having a baby if I was remotely suicidal.
i got her way before that blarg just because i have the light of my life doesnt mean i wont become depressed later
My two cats are very attached to me. One of them don't get near anybody else but me. Both are so sweet, and I fear they will suffer too much when I'm gone. Not sure if they will adapt to a new owner. Pets can get depression to... :/
I also don't know what to do with them. Waiting them to go will be too long.
It breaks my heart but I hope they will be ok by the end of the day. Animals seems to be more emotional resilient then us it seems. At least I hope so.
Whatever decision you take, I wish you and your cats the best!
real ill probably wait but my worst fear is ill give her to someone and then change my mind and be sad and alive