StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
images
lol, that's the most dank emoji iv'e ever seen..

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and GenesAndEnvironment
tormennted

tormennted

Feb 13, 2021
Have the mods considered moving this to the dark web?
Are there any sucide forums on the dark web already? When I started searching for suicide methods it really surprised me that I stumbled on this one, thought these websites are forbidden.
So glad this place exists but also scared it will get shut down just when I came, considering my luck :/

Reactions: wannago and wordsonscreen
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
We have seen this forum get kicked off of it's server and the site administrators kept it live by switching domains. So they are prepared. No worries.

They have backup domains and servers ready to go instantly. The site was not down at all.

• Love
Reactions: Mixo, Spitfire, tormennted and 1 other person
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I'll most likely literally sit and do nothing. There's nothing on the computer that I do except browse SS and have music in the background at this time. I don't want to game or watch things anymore, I like just doing nothing without electronics as much if not more. I guess I do send out some applications for jobs but I know no one wants to hire me lol.

Wish I had the ability to feel curious or interested, but oh well.

• Love
Reactions: wannago, Spitfire and wordsonscreen
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Converting the site to onion would be the easiest way of never having to worry about it closing in the first place. Problem would be many people on here would never have found this community, and lacking that support, would be in a much worse place than that are now. I hope it never comes to this...

Reactions: wordsonscreen and Sprite_Geist
C

ConstantineXI

Feb 12, 2021
I don't know if this helps. Maybe the admins should take a look at it and see what's the safest route.
View attachment 60686
I didn't get all the way down the thread, but I'd suggest that using Hong Kong needs to go off of this list.
Converting the site to onion would be the easiest way of never having to worry about it closing in the first place. Problem would be many people on here would never have found this community, and lacking that support, would be in a much worse place than that are now. I hope it never comes to this...
So, I feel like the "right" answer might be a hybrid option: Keeping something in the clearnet (albeit that moves around), but with the core site sitting down in Onion-land. Not being able to get here via Google would make access for a lot of folks (myself included) tricky, to put it mildly.

imsorrythatimhere

imsorrythatimhere

They/He
Jan 18, 2021
I doubt the fact that this site is going to get banned but here are some pro choice subreddits.
r/TimetoGo - it's quarantined, so probably not the best option
r/righttodie
r/psychiatricfreedom

Reactions: wannago, wordsonscreen and tormennted
Infinite Conscious

Infinite Conscious

Experienced
Aug 18, 2020
This site will never be in any real danger for the foreseeable future.

We would all love for this to be true.
But considering recent events, such certainty and the level of confidence seem a bit of a stretch.
When the forum (the old address) disappeared from my monitor, just as I expected it would some day, I thought - that's it, folks!
I didn't panic, but I was "lost and lonesome" for several days.

And then, unexpectedly, while browsing the ENEMY territory (FB pages), I came upon the new address/extension ".is".
So if it weren't for "them", the opposing forces, I would have lost my link to this site.
Even now we can see that the number of people online at any given moment, both members and visitors, has decreased compared to what it used to be prior to the change of the domain.
So there are still members out there who remain ignorant of the new address.

We have to be prepared for the worst case scenario... hope for the best, be prepared for the worst.
If the site is taken down again, we have to have a strategy how to inform all members of any potential changes.
Is the Twitter account planned for that? Will it be a reliable source of information? (I still haven't looked at the twitter account)

In any case, this forum is so valuable to so many of us that we cannot afford to lose it by "cold turkey".
We would appreciate some reassurance that we will be able to readily locate any new addresses/domains in case we get hit again.

Reactions: Barteljaap and Spitfire
DivineMedicus

DivineMedicus

Vereor Nox
Sep 7, 2020
The first result on Google that shows up when you look up "sanctioned suicide" is the Twitter page. It's common intuition to look up keywords instead of the domain-specified address for new users and regular users who see the dreaded 404s, 503s, etc., thus I believe the Twitter is fairly accessible.

Reactions: Spitfire
mattymate

mattymate

Nov 9, 2020
Another place to discuss would appear after some time. I remember alt.suicide.holidays and the subreddit, they disappeared and here we are.