• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
So I guess what I mean is... I am a lover of music. I like everything from classic prog rock (my favorite band is Rush), to oldschool gangsta rap, 80s new wave, post punk, trip-hop, house music, ambient... you get the idea.

What I want to know, is what sort of music resonates deeply with you in terms of suffering/mental illness, what do you listen to in order to scratch that deep dark itch within you. I'd also be curious to know if you have a suicide song/album, something to listen to on your way out.

So for me, these are my top albums specifically for that itch, which contain the music that resonate with me the deepest.

The Cure - Disintegration
Depeche Mode - Black Celebration
Alice in Chains - Dirt
Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - Let Love In
Banks - Goddess
Crystal Castles - (II) and (III)

Probably many others but those are the first to pop into my head.

As far as suicide songs, I used to fantasize that I would die as I listen to Moby - Porcelain. It's just such a beautiful song and makes me feel an indescribable inner peace when I think of hearing it as my consciousness fades out.

Reactions: Iwant2sleepforever, satou and lv-gras
L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018
Fade to Black by Metallica has always been a thing

Reactions: wiIIow and satou
satou

satou

not yet
Sep 3, 2018
What I want to know, is what sort of music resonates deeply with you in terms of suffering/mental illness, what do you listen to in order to scratch that deep dark itch within you.

Drone. It's like my darkest emotions. Crushing. Unrelenting. Incoherent.

Here is one example: www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3b7oNYf22s (not embedded)

Reactions: wiIIow and lv-gras
fuckthis

fuckthis

I've made up my mind.
Sep 23, 2018
Don't really have a certain song to go out on, but the rapper Tyler the Creator is up there somewhere. Especially his older music. Biggie Smalls creates some really good tracks too, about suicide, etc.

Dog Food

Dog Food

POS
Mar 27, 2018
Ilike everything, but my favorite albums are:
Metal Box - Public Image LTD
The Sky's Gone Out - Bauhaus
Deceit - This Heat
Here Come the Warm Jets - Brian Eno.
(Listen to) the Rag and Bone Man - And Also the Trees

Yes, I am a pretentious hipster.

Reactions: wiIIow
Duqu

Duqu

Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!
Aug 27, 2018
When I'm in a "mood" I like Jack Off Jill (normally I don't like scream-y stuff but this is right up my alley when I'm in the mood)

I really like the narrated Beethoen's Last Night by Trans-Siberian Orchestra, it's all about Beethoven being told he's about to die after writing his 10th symphony (to any non-classical buffs out there, he actually died before finishing it) and him going back and forth with Mephistopheles and Fate and it's really great. I'll link you to the whole album if you want to listen to it (it's 2 CD's so it's kinda long but so worth it. The concert - which I have seen 3x - is FANTASTIC). They incorporate a lot of Beethoven's music into their music it's so good. I'm a classical music nut and this could be considered "rock opera"

Full concert (not great sound it's a recording from someone in the audience) but it's got the light shows and such they do

Here's the recording (no concert):

L

lv-gras

fledermausßßßßßßßß
Jul 27, 2018
When I'm in a "mood" I like Jack Off Jill (normally I don't like scream-y stuff but this is right up my alley when I'm in the mood)

I really like the narrated Beethoen's Last Night by Trans-Siberian Orchestra, it's all about Beethoven being told he's about to die after writing his 10th symphony (to any non-classical buffs out there, he actually died before finishing it) and him going back and forth with Mephistopheles and Fate and it's really great. I'll link you to the whole album if you want to listen to it (it's 2 CD's so it's kinda long but so worth it. The concert - which I have seen 3x - is FANTASTIC). They incorporate a lot of Beethoven's music into their music it's so good. I'm a classical music nut and this could be considered "rock opera"

Full concert (not great sound it's a recording from someone in the audience) but it's got the light shows and such they do

Here's the recording (no concert):

beethoven's last night is cool

wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
Ilike everything, but my favorite albums are:
Metal Box - Public Image LTD
The Sky's Gone Out - Bauhaus
Deceit - This Heat
Here Come the Warm Jets - Brian Eno.
(Listen to) the Rag and Bone Man - And Also the Trees

Yes, I am a pretentious hipster.
hell yeah, nice choices. I worship Bauhaus and Brian Eno especially lol

satou

satou

not yet
Sep 3, 2018
One time at university we had to make a video (with our own narration) about some topic. I used a Brian Eno song as background music. Afterwards I was told that the video was good, but that I shouldn't have used dentist waiting room background music...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dog Food, lv-gras and wiIIow
Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
'Creep' by Radiohead

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and wiIIow
T

Taylored

I've figured it out
Sep 20, 2018
Anything by Korn really

Reactions: lv-gras
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
One time at university we had to make a video (with our own narration) about some topic. I used a Brian Eno song as background music. Afterwards I was told that the video was good, but that I shouldn't have used dentist waiting room background music...
hahaha I can see that. I get the same reaction when I play my chillout mix at work. Apparently Boards of Canada, Nightmares on Wax, Bonobo, Tycho etc. is elevator music...

Reactions: Dog Food and lv-gras