• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
I think it's fascinating how polarizing music can be. Like someone can say, "you actually listen to that shit?!"
Of course, I don't care what music anyone listens to but I find that fascinating how polarizing it can be. I try to appreciate all forms even if it's not style.

What are your favorites? Rock, rap, ambient, choral, classical, EDM, ect? 🎼

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Mainly alt rock, grunge, and punk are my favorites. But I enjoy other genres too.

Reactions: Homo erectus
LevUwU

LevUwU

I hate my life and the government
Mar 16, 2024
I guess... Indie? I mostly listen to the, quote, "15 year old alt bands" like lemon demon, tally hall, things like that.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
I think it's fascinating how polarizing music can be. Like someone can say, "you actually listen to that shit?!"
Of course, I don't care what music anyone listens to but I find that fascinating how polarizing it can be. I try to appreciate all forms even if it's not style.

What are your favorites? Rock, rap, ambient, choral, classical, EDM, ect? 🎼
*etc

I like kpop, classical, EDM, etc. I don't like jazz

Last edited:
countdowntoecstasy

countdowntoecstasy

Feb 11, 2024
I'd probably have to say jazz but I like just about any form of rock and I used to listen to classical a lot a couple of years ago.

Dliena

Dliena

𝚂𝚂 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚘 : 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
Usually Rock and Metal are the ones I like to listen to but other genres as well on an occasion.

embraces

embraces

(∪.∪ )...zzz
Mar 22, 2023
Metalcore, emo rap, and ambient but it totally depends on the vibe of the day

ClaudeCTTE

ClaudeCTTE

Misunderstood...
Aug 22, 2023
For me, it's hard to define what I like about music. I have so many filters that I'm not convinced to say that I like a musical genre because there are always things that I may not like.

Prog Rock is the only thing that can please my ears, but in this case, I have my filters, such as the fact that I only like Prog Rock from the 70s and European.
Another genre I like is Jazz Fusion, although here I only like what is related to Prog Rock.

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
Metal (mostly doom, black if I have to do the categorization), prog rock (esp Tull, Floyd, Rush), some funk and classical if it has loud parts, not just "butterflies at the pond" kind of music.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
*etc

I like kpop, classical, EDM, etc. I don't like jazz
I think drugs have influenced certain facets of media such as music genres of the time can be heavily influenced by the popular narcotics of that time.

Art is the way we decorate space and music is the way we decorate time

Music captures a mood and a painting captures an idea, a moment

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I think drugs have influenced certain facets of media such as music genres of the time can be heavily influenced by the popular narcotics of that time.
Hmm, interesting. Why do you think so? I heard that musicians, artists, and people in other creative fields use drugs. Why? To boost their creativity? To spark their inspiration?

That's so poetic

Last edited:
Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023

Hmm, interesting. Why do you think so? I heard that musicians, artists, and people in other creative fields use drugs. Why? To boost their creativity? To spark their inspiration?

That's so poetic
I listened to the psychedelic genre of music and paid attention to their art. They sound and look similar in some way. Perhaps psychedelics and other drugs do open up the mind, but only in specific directions. It is not like it will enable free or unrestricted creativity.

DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023

That's so poetic
Just one example, psychedelic rock was popular in the psychedelic era (see wiki),mumble rap was popular with benzodiazepines, weed rap like Berner, B-Real, the Jacka, ect.

Art influences society and society influences art. I think it goes both ways.

That's so poetic
Art is a compact way of conveying information. As such, it sits alongside language, genomes, etc., as something innate in a universe of sufficient complexity. Art is a form of communication– sometimes a way of saying that something is mine, sometimes a way of emphasizing how much I value it or how much time I put into it… It is a continuum, not an all or nothing thing.

Last edited:
thinvy

thinvy

Woefully Yours, Luka
Aug 7, 2023
edm yesssss! breakcore is probably my top pick. I also like alternative music in general. the deep cuts, the popular shit, the stuff that "barely counts", just alt music lol. I also listen to a lot of indie and k- and j-electropop. I've been branching out into different languages lately for moody music, with Rory in early 20s, grad!ent, Alice change, and punk Christ all being in my current rotation.

I'll listen to damn near anything though. its easier to list my hard no's than it is to list out everything I do like

Reactions: cet and sserafim
Endlichkeit

Endlichkeit

Tears do not burn except in solitude
Feb 26, 2023
Depressive suicidal black metal, dark/drone ambient, harsh noise, power electronics.

Reactions: Dymphna and Dliena
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
edm yesssss! breakcore is probably my top pick. I also like alternative music in general. the deep cuts, the popular shit, the stuff that "barely counts", just alt music lol. I also listen to a lot of indie and k- and j-electropop. I've been branching out into different languages lately for moody music, with Rory in early 20s, grad!ent, Alice change, and punk Christ all being in my current rotation.

I'll listen to damn near anything though. its easier to list my hard no's than it is to list out everything I do like
What k-electropop? I like EDM and kpop too lol

leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
Lolicore, J-rock, noise, power electronics, maidcore, nightcore, techno and J-core. I also like HASAMI group, who define themselves as "experimental", but that hardly narrows anything down.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Malaria
nofunclub

nofunclub

all in all, it’s just another brick in the wall
Jul 17, 2023
Mainly rock I guess, several different subgenres. A little pop here and there, like I love Kesha and the band Chvrches. Card-carrying emo (though I'm old enough to remember when that term was an insult we all denied lol).

Namarupa

Namarupa

Student
Jan 24, 2024
Lolicore, J-rock, noise, power electronics, maidcore, nightcore, techno and J-core. I also like HASAMI group, who define themselves as "experimental", but that hardly narrows anything down.
Sorry about the random question - you don't have to answer if you don't feel like it - but your taste caught my interest. Do you listen to 裸のラリーズ? I think you might like their music.

waningmoth

waningmoth

Aug 29, 2023
Darkwave, goth, deathrock, 80's synthpop, neue deutsche todeskunst

leloyon

leloyon

Sick Of It All
Feb 4, 2023
Sorry about the random question - you don't have to answer if you don't feel like it - but your taste caught my interest. Do you listen to 裸のラリーズ? I think you might like their music.
Never heard of them, but thank you for the recommendation, I'll give them a listen.
Apart from HASAMI group, the artists I usually listen to are Shinsei Kamattechan, Alstroemeria Records, Akatsuki Records, Whitehouse, Yakui The Maid and pretty much any Lolicore I can find, usually by Tsundere Violence.
Also it's not the kind of nightcore that I typically listen to, but I've listened to this almost non-stop for the past two weeks.

Reactions: Namarupa
cet

cet

Mar 28, 2024

YESS!!!
the exact same for me! breakcore is just so awesome and there's so many small and underrated but great producers! whenever i'm not in the mood for it i'll just go with alternative or indie.

sometimes some j-electropop when sitting in public transport. i don't know why, i just find that the perfect situation to be listening to it