Religious Preference

• Total voters
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
I'm a Zen Buddhist, but I'm not sure I'd classify Zen Buddhism as a religion. It's more of a philosophy than a religion or, to put it another way, more of an attitude than a belief.

Reactions: Szs33 and Freeme3820
Freeme3820

Freeme3820

One day this Girl will be free <3
Jul 27, 2020
I'm not religious but I quiet like how peaceful Buddhism seems to be :-)

• Hugs
Reactions: Szs33, Sensei and Dreamless Sleep
Lorntroubles

Lorntroubles

Photography by Haris Nukem.
Jan 19, 2020
I identify most with an eastern religion but spiritually, I've dabbled a lot with pagan ways.

Reactions: Szs33
Dreamless Sleep

Dreamless Sleep

The eternal night before chaos...
Feb 1, 2020
I consider myself an atheist, but I have read a bit about buddhism and if I had to choose a religion I think my beliefs would align closest with it.

Reactions: Szs33
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I was raised as a Christian but fortunately, I opened my eyes and discovered how every single religion made nonsense and the huge amount there were.

Some of them tell you that a virgin because God felt like, ended up pregnant and gave birth to Jesus, who changed the laws of chemistry and phisics by turning water into wine and reviving. Some others, brainwash believers so much that they blow themselves up with explosives because they believe that's what "Ala" wants.
In the past, in Egypt it was believed that the Sun was even a God lol.

And I could go on and on explaning why every single religion is just pointless and use "faith" as "lack of evidence". However, I don't HATE religions at all. I think some people really need to believe there's a heaven, a hell and a God who is really worried about what we do, especially when naked. The problem lies when fake pastors/priests/etc make their own "cults" in order to "steal" believer's cash and credit cards.

Anyway, when I die I'll know what on earth does happen but, if there's reincarnation, karma, hell, heaven, etc, I'll have no choice but cope with it. (all my money is on the eternal nothingness or simulation theory, though.)

Reactions: It'sMyLife
It'sMyLife

It'sMyLife

Little bundles of futile hope we are
Apr 18, 2020
Agnostic here
Myself as well . I look at all of the religions as a whole and repudiate all of them as I must. All adherents focus on their one belief system and believe it to be The One Truth , which of course , is impossible . From my viewpoint many of them cancel one another out . I think many of them have some truth and good points about them though. Ultimately , all the world is agnostic is my opinion. This is why they all have to go to their respective ceremonies over and over , day after day , year after year . Doubt creeps into everyone's minds over time and this is not acceptable so going over and over takes care of this. It's like paying a bill monthly. You pay it and then every day it builds back up , only in this case you have to go back and pay every week or even every day. It's all a colossal waste of time and , seemingly , hasn't solved anything. Look at the state of the world . It's a ticking time bomb.