• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

What is your Gender?

• Male

Votes: 88 57.9%
  • Female

Votes: 56 36.8%
  • Other (Identify as Gender Fluid, Intersex etc)

Votes: 8 5.3%

• Total voters
GoingSoonish

GoingSoonish

It is what it is
Aug 19, 2018
When we hear toxic masculinity we think about the stories where women throw acid onto guys their pants because they were 'manspreading' (seriously what is up with these ridiculous terms the left keeps coming up with)

That video has been debunked as a fake.

Reactions: RainAndSadness
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Hey I like what you wrote, but unfortunately we both know that is not what the majority of people nowadays understand under that term. Neither have I seen any feminists that use the term in that sense.

When we hear toxic masculinity we think about the stories where women throw acid onto guys their pants because they were 'manspreading' (seriously what is up with these ridiculous terms the left keeps coming up with) or things like the Gilette ad where men get told to be nice to women and not vocally abuse them on the streets as if we all do and that is what defines us.

The video you're referring to was fake.

Please don't fall for anti-feminist propaganda. I don't know any feminists that use 'toxic masculinity' the way you describe it. The Gilette ad also never implies that all men harass women on the streets, it simply asks men to be a better example. Also, that ad was designed in a way to steer as much attention, as possible - with success. Companies pretend to be 'woke' in order to increase their sale rates.

Neither does the wikipedia link (or anything when I search for the term for that matter) refer to anything your saying. If only it was about that.

First sentence in Wikipedia:
*The concept of toxic masculinity is used in psychology and gender studies to refer to certain norms of masculine behavior in North America and Europe that are associated with harm to society and to men themselves. *

Last edited:
Reactions: GoingSoonish
GeorgeJL

GeorgeJL

Enlightened
Mar 7, 2019
Not that this is too major. However... I was just wondering as (so I've heard) men end up ctb at a higher percentage then women. Why is that I wonder?
It's because we do more of the dangerous, dirty, stressful jobs, with longer hours than women. It's because there is no pay gap. It's because school curriculum is tailored to women. It's because STEM Is advertised to girls more than boys. It's because women tend to win in court when a divorce happens. It's because if the police get called over a domestic issue the police almost always side with the women,. And if the women lies to police then they just get a slap on the wrist. It's because men go to war to defend their country more than women. It's because men are given longer prison sentences for the same crime a women would do. Male slaves are frequently ignored by human rights laws and policies. Nobody gives a shit if a male is rapped in prison in fact it's frequently joked about. Because of false rap accusations against men. Men's reproductive rights include issues such as false paternity claims or paternity fraud, adoption rights, abortion, etc. It's because there is no patriarchy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Santiago and Alchemist
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
That is irrelevant. It's about the statement they tried to make

The video wasn't done by a feminist. There is no statement that was made which leads back to feminism. Please read the article I've linked.

Reactions: tomz323, SomebodyBroken and GoingSoonish
S

SomebodyBroken

Experienced
May 6, 2019
The video wasn't done by a feminist. There is no statement that was made which leads back to feminism. Please read the article I've linked.
funny to see such an interpretation of the actions of these girls.
it really is that they have nothing to do with feminists.
The action was aimed at the fact that in my country it is very common among men in public transport to "keep their legs wide when sitting". well, or how to describe it correctly?) and yes, the video does not include moments where girls received physical punishment(not much pain, but so that they remember the consequences) for their actions. and it really was ^ _ ^ yet spoiling other people's things should have consequences, regardless of the motive.

S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
The video you're referring to was fake.

Please don't fall for anti-feminist propaganda. I don't know any feminists that use 'toxic masculinity' the way you describe it. The Gilette ad also never implies that all men harass women on the streets, it simply asks men to be a better example. Also, that ad was designed in a way to steer as much attention, as possible - with success. Companies pretend to be 'woke' in order to increase their sale rates.

First sentence in Wikipedia:
*The concept of toxic masculinity is used in psychology and gender studies to refer to certain norms of masculine behavior in North America and Europe that are associated with harm to society and to menthemselves. *

1) Ok. I'll go with your side and go ahead and say that video was fake. Doesn't mean the concept doesn't still exist.

2) If you don't see how the Gillette ad acts like the amount of good men (in their eyes) is small then watch it again. They literally say 'some men are good' at one point along with scenes where all men are saying stupid stuff like boys will be boys and what not. Which is total bullshit.

3) Let's take a further look at that definition shall we?

Traditional stereotypes of men as socially dominant, along with related traits such as misogyny and homophobia, can be considered "toxic" due in part to their promotion of violence, including sexual assault and domestic violence. The socialization of boys often normalizes violence, such as in the saying "boys will be boys" with regard to bullying and aggression.

4) You have never met any feminists who think that way? Well let me introduce you to one (could post a 100 videos btw, but not planning on breaking this page)

funny to see such an interpretation of the actions of these girls.
it really is that they have nothing to do with feminists.
The action was aimed at the fact that in my country it is very common among men in public transport to "keep their legs wide when sitting". well, or how to describe it correctly?) and yes, the video does not include moments where girls received physical punishment(not much pain, but so that they remember the consequences) for their actions. and it really was ^ _ ^ yet spoiling other people's things should have consequences, regardless of the motive.

No that is common everywhere. It's because we have a penis you know.
What statement was this? It was propaganda.

Some people believe the earth is flat. Doesn't make it true.

Sure. Please enlighten me what it is then. Enlighten me on how feeling like something you are not doesn't fit the word 'disorder'

Last edited:
Reactions: Alchemist
GoingSoonish

GoingSoonish

It is what it is
Aug 19, 2018
1) Ok. I'll go with your side and go ahead and say that video was fake. Doesn't mean the concept doesn't still exist.

There are no "sides" to facts. You either accept reality or you don't. What concept are you talking about?

Sure. Please enlighten me what it is then. Enlighten me on how feeling like something you are not doesn't fit the word 'disorder'

You'll have to provide more information on what your claim is. What is the "something" that you are talking about?

Last edited:
Reactions: RainAndSadness
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
There are no "sides" to facts. You either accept reality or you don't. What concept are you talking about?

Lmao it isn't a fact because you have one source backing it up. I can also go ahead and believe the actual girl in the video and claim she has nothing to do with it.

GoingSoonish

GoingSoonish

It is what it is
Aug 19, 2018
Lmao it isn't a fact because you have one source backing it up. I can also go ahead and believe the actual girl in the video and claim she has nothing to do with it.

There are numerous sources, only one was provided. You are obviously free to believe the actress in the video.

S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
There are numerous sources, only one was provided. You are obviously free to believe the actress in the video.

Sources that all quote the same source which is EU vs disinfo

You'll have to provide more information on what your claim is. What is the "something" that you are talking about?

Something refers to whatever it is you like to identify as nowadays. Your turn again. Explain to me how it doesn't fit the word 'disorder'

GoingSoonish

GoingSoonish

It is what it is
Aug 19, 2018
Sources that all quote the same source which is EU vs disinfo

Ignore the motivation behind the video for a second and see if you can find a source that verifies that the video is real.

Something refers to whatever it is you like to identify as nowadays. Your turn again. Explain to me how it doesn't fit the word 'disorder'

Are you talking about transgender people?

Last edited:
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
Ignore the motivation behind the video for a second and see if you can find a source that verifies that the video as real.

Are you talking about transgender people?

1. That is the point. There is none. Just like there is no proof the video is fake.

Not that it is relevant to my initial point anyways which is that 'manspreading' is a real concept/issue among feminists. (Whether that be extreme feminists or not I don't care. They represent their group)

2. Once again whatever people like to identify as nowadays. Could just be the opposite sex or some of the other things they invent. I am sorry I can't give you a more detailed answer because I am no expert and not subscribed to the daily 'What genders got invented today' magazine.

S

SomebodyBroken

Experienced
May 6, 2019
Ignore the motivation behind the video for a second and see if you can find a source that verifies that the video is real.
its real video. if you want, deny of course this fact. You can find a lot of confirmation on the site https:\\vk.com .
may it be hard for you to accept that in my country such things can happen and almost have no consequences?)

GoingSoonish

GoingSoonish

It is what it is
Aug 19, 2018
its real video. if you want, deny of course this fact. You can find a lot of confirmation on the site https:\\vk.com .
may it be hard for you to accept that in my country such things can happen and almost have no consequences?)

Can you provide a direct source for confirmation? The earlier linked source references one of the people in the video confessing to being a paid actor. Further, there does not appear to have been any incident report filed with the police.

S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
@RainAndSadness

1. It does. MTA literally launced a campaign on it just to give you one of many examples.

2. This is the typical feminism argument to that campaign. You see it everywhere. Listen to that video and try to understand our side.

3. Well no the fact that stories like these get associated with that term is true. Which is why people hate on the toxic masculinity movement. You are speaking in academic terms yet you surely realise that 95% of feminism propaganda out there has nothing to with the academic meaning. You say those who oppose feminism are the ones who think that way. In reality the problem is that a large part of the people who fight for it think that way. Have a look at big protests and how those people act.

4. You are also taking my words out of context. I never said feminists go around pouring bleach on men because of toxic masculinity. I said these are examples of stories that get associated with the term.
People who appeared in the video gave interviews and admitted that the video was staged. You're a bad faith actor.

Link please?

Last edited:
S

SomebodyBroken

Experienced
May 6, 2019
Can you provide a direct source for confirmation? The earlier linked source references one of the people in the video confessing to being a paid actor. Further, there does not appear to have been any incident report filed with the police.

a police statement? against the daughter of a rich and powerful person? it does not work in my country, sorry.

People who appeared in the video gave interviews and admitted that the video was staged. You're a bad faith actor.
do not invent.
Only one person unsubscribed, and he could not provide evidence.
in any case, the story is really confusing.

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
@RainAndSadness

1. It does. MTA literally launced a campaign on it just to give you one of many examples.

This isn't about man-spreading though. This is a guide about manners in public spaces. And yeah, you shouldn't take up 80% of a seat in a train. That has less to do with man-spreading and more with civil manners.

2. This is the typical feminism argument to that campaign. You see it everywhere. Listen to that video and try to understand our side.

We simply have a different approach. I feel bad spending my time in this debate. It just makes me feel worse anyway. If you have any sincere questions about transgender people though, let me know. I am more than happy to talk about this subject. I have a lot of insight into this topic from a psychiatric point of view and I can actually support my case with studies.

3. Well no the fact that stories like these get associated with that term is true. Which is why people hate on the toxic masculinity movement. You are speaking in academic terms yet you surely realize that 95% of feminism propaganda out there has nothing to with the academic meaning. You say those who oppose feminism are the ones who think that way. In reality the problem is that a large part of the people who fight for it think that way. Have a look at big protests and how those people act.

There is no 'toxic masculinity'-movement and it was literally the intention of this anti-feminist propaganda video to create this association in your head. You literally fell for the cheapest trick in history to make a certain group look bad. I agree with you that there are bad apples within the feminist movement but you're literally generalizing a very diverse movement with contradicting views. As I explained in the past already, there isn't just 'feminism'. There is pro-choice feminism, there is traditional feminism, there is sex-positive feminism, there is conservative feminism, there is intersectional feminism, there is anti-trans and queer feminism. We literally have internal fights going on about certain issues and you pretend as if we're all the same. No, we're not. You're generalizing a movement with millions of people in it because you pick out a few bad apples that support your anecdotal argument. That's like saying all conservatives are bad because some support racist policies. You do realize that, right?

According to polls I've read, the majority of feminists actually support gender equality. And the definition of the word feminism literally implies equality as well. So again, you're making empty statements. Everything that comes from feminism goes through academic discourse first.

4. You are also taking my words out of context. I never said feminists go around pouring bleach on men because of toxic masculinity. I said these are examples of stories that get associated with the term.

And there is no evidence that supports your case.

S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
This isn't about man-spreading though. This is a guide about manners in public spaces. And yeah, you shouldn't take up 80% of a seat in a train. That has less to do with man-spreading and more with civil manners.

We simply have a different approach. I feel bad spending my time in this debate. It just makes me feel worse anyway. If you have any sincere questions about transgender people though, let me know. I am more than happy to talk about this subject. I have a lot of insight into this topic from a psychiatric point of view and I can actually support my case with studies.

There is no 'toxic masculinity'-movement and it was literally the intention of this anti-feminist propaganda video to create this association in your head. You literally fell for the cheapest trick in history to make a certain group look bad. I agree with you that there are bad apples within the feminist movement but you're literally generalizing a very diverse movement with contradicting views. As I explained in the past already, there isn't just 'feminism'. There is pro-choice feminism, there is traditional feminism, there is sex-positive feminism, there is conservative feminism, there is intersectional feminism, there is anti-trans and queer feminism. We literally have internal fights going on about certain issues and you pretend as if we're all the same. No, we're not. You're generalizing a movement with millions of people in it because you pick out a few bad apples that support your anecdotal argument. That's like saying all conservatives are bad because some support racist policies. You do realize that, right?

According to polls I've read, the majority of feminists actually support gender equality. And the definition of the word feminism literally implies equality as well. So again, you're making empty statements. Everything that comes from feminism goes through academic discourse first.

And there is no evidence that supports your case.

At this point this discussion has just become a joke. You just deny everything when I am giving clear examples. The MTA acting like it is a space issue is clearly to avoid backlash. Look at the media reports about it. The idea of manspreading is part of their campaign. https://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/21/nyregion/MTA-targets-manspreading-on-new-york-city-subways.html

As far as I am aware I am trying to have a normal discussion. However when I ask a valid question nobody here suddenly answers. You claim there was an interview that backed up your statement that the bleach video was fake and I asked for the link -> no response. I asked the other guy to explain to me how feeling like you are something/somebody you are not doesn't fit the category 'disorder' -> no response.

On top of that you keep going back to that same damn video to insist the term 'toxic masculinity' in the way I and many other people look at it doesn't exist when I gave you enough other examples already that it does. It's funny you mention generalizing because that is exactly what the problem behind that term is. You don't agree with that? Sure then go ahead and tell me how they aren't when they are insisting the majority of men (once again the Gillette ad was one of many examples of that) have these traits that they consider to be bad.

There is this idea of a patriarchy that doesn't exist. And if you do believe this then we are simply done with this discussion because there is no arguing with you if you believe that. Our views would be too different.

What do you even mean with there is no evidence to support my case about there being a link between the two. Type the damn name 'toxic masculinity' in Google, go to videos or articles and there you go. Lots of evidence. None of the videos or articles you will see will link to 'toxic masculinity' the way you define it. That's for damn sure.