apple2myeye!

apple2myeye!

it/its
Jun 3, 2022
this question is kinda hard to answer for me, but one that's always sticked out is "suicide is the only unforgivable sin". the fact that i've heard that phrase more times than i can count on both hands is fucking disgusting. good to know that Our Loving God™® would sooner forgive a murderer or a rapist than a depressed person

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, lachrymost, 4390101 and 8 others
bed

bed

CTBed
Aug 24, 2019
Off the top of my head, to me personally, it was being told my decision was stupid (never asked about my reasoning) and don't do anything dumb like that again.

Reactions: lachrymost, akana, Foresight and 1 other person
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
" Just don't think about it. Sometimes I get a little sad too."
- my mom who KNEW I attemped and got confined

"So you're just going to leave me? You're just doing that cos you dont want to help here"
- my mom who didn't even lift a finger when I asked for help.

"You're not sick. You're not feeling depressed anymore"
- my mom who didn't even notice I just attempted last week.

..... Am I winning?

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Isisnefert, ConstantPain, bubo and 7 others
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
the typical "echale ganas" like if by putting effort I could erase my pain away. Nonsense.

• Hugs
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, Isisnefert, ConstantPain and 2 others
Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
"Statistically, the friends of a person who committed suicide are more likely to do so too. Do you want to spread that horrible disease?"

Manipulative and superficial, they don't see the whole picture, I wonder if they are the same kind of people who believe exercise causes skin cancer.

• Hugs
Reactions: bubo, Euthanza, Foresight and 2 others
KQuotientW

KQuotientW

404: Reason to live not found
Jul 17, 2022
Telling me that my degenerative disabilities are caused by 'hanging onto your past'. Well, fk me, you mean the medically qualified doctors are wrong, all this time? Or, another one told me that I should be forgiving and loving toward the stalker I've had for the last 9 years, even though he's tried to run me over, twice, among other things, for never wanting a relationship with him. The shit that people say.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Brianiskillingme, Suicidebydeath, PrisonBreak and 4 others
P

PrisonBreak

Student
Oct 29, 2021
"Permanent solution to a temporary problem".

Reactions: lachrymost, Install-Gentoo, Isisnefert and 7 others
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
Someone made this really cringy hypothetical situation post on tumblr. That assumes every person who decides to ctb has fam,friends, and a romantic partner.

Reactions: lachrymost and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
WhitePill

WhitePill

Pilferer
Jul 27, 2022
"people only do it for attention"

Reactions: Install-Gentoo, Isisnefert, MindFrog and 5 others
Brianiskillingme

Brianiskillingme

Slowly Dying Inside
Jan 18, 2022
But you have SO MUCH to live for

• Love
Reactions: Install-Gentoo, Isisnefert, ConstantPain and 2 others
Greenfrog

Greenfrog

Jul 26, 2022
You don't want to die you just haven't been loved yet

• Informative
Reactions: PrisonBreak, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and akana
Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
20220625 122333

So many words for one intention. I'd like to refute them a common phenomenon:

20220727 165234
Crab2
20220727 165122
20220727 164846

• Informative
Reactions: Irrumi and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
bubo

bubo

Jul 14, 2022
"you haven't died yet naturally so that means God doesn't want you dead, you shall live for God."
- my grandmother in response to me being extremely depressed due to being fucking raped.
what a nice woman! (Sarcastic)

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: NumbItAll, wait.what, Isisnefert and 5 others
C

Coffeebean77

Well… I tried.
Jul 28, 2022
In my Lutheran school we were taught that suicides automatically go to hell, not just that they're unforgiven. It was the only sin considered an automatic ticket to hell.

nys

nys

mors mihi lucrum
Jun 1, 2022
I told someone I trusted abt how I felt & they got rlly mad & started screaming at me, and said "Youre just making yourself unhappy on purpose bc you dont wanna be happy & youre not trying, & since youre not happy you dont want anyone else to be happy either & thats why youre telling me this, to make me unhappy too" then she forbade me from talking abt things like that ever again bc it would make her unhappy & ruin her mood

• Hugs
Reactions: PrisonBreak, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and MindFrog
H

Hookah-smoking-cat

Apr 24, 2022
this question is kinda hard to answer for me, but one that's always sticked out is "suicide is the only unforgivable sin". the fact that i've heard that phrase more times than i can count on both hands is fucking disgusting. good to know that Our Loving God™® would sooner forgive a murderer or a rapist than a depressed person
Hun I know the Bible inside and out . Suicide is a sin just like alot of other things. Infidelity, lying...... The ONLY sin that is unforgivable is sinning against the holy spirit. In other words talking bad against God & getting others to turn away from him. People don't get it but God understands how crushed your soul must be and how much pain you're in to want to die

Reactions: KILLING_POSSUM and 4390101
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
That I don't know what real suffering is, but neither do they. That I am not trying hard enough if I'm not happy. That I have so much to live for, and that things will always get better. Always make me even more depressed than I already am to hear these things.

wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Wait—pro-life people talk . . . ? Although now that you mention it, I do recall having to turn up the volume on my headphones a lot recently. 🤔

• Yay!
Reactions: 4390101 and apple2myeye!
FrootyBat

FrootyBat

Aug 11, 2022
My mom used to say, "If you leave me (eg. die by suicide), I'll kill myself!"

This is a woman who said she never had depression. She was just in a world of escapism and couldn't understand why the TV didn't bring me such pleasure.

lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
"How can you be so sure death will be the end of your suffering?" From a family member who believes I'd go to hell. Lol.

StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
My parents are both pro lifers and want to live into their 100s. Their words.
Among some of the things they said:
"You can't talk to people because you convinced yourself you can't."
"Just snap out of it and don't be sad!" 10/10 advice indeed.
"Think of how much harder it would have been if you didn't have your parents!" - True, but at least no one would pressure me about school and marks and at least I might have learned to navigate life by myself and live a little instead of being held under a neat little glass dome as a teenager with nothing going on besides school which turned out to be useless. Also they wanted me to let a certain person in my friend group at a young age which sealed my fate because they never let me decide for myself or go beyond a comfort zone.
"Think of how other people live! Think of children in Africa!" - I admit that I absolutely am priviledged compared to children in Africa and i hate that they are forced to suffer like that but that doesn't negate the fact that my own life is suffering to me. Suffering is bad no matter the amount and there's nothing noble or heroic about suffering but people don't want to admit it because it would make them question if their own life is worth it.