• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ratvroomvrooms

ratvroomvrooms

Apr 10, 2024
In the long run, I mean. Something like practices, activities, etc. What did you find to be most effective?

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I think those who know have escaped this life.

A common theme I have observed is being able to disconnect from the future, they quit jobs, spend money, close ties etc as they know tomorrow will not come for them. They don't think about what if I fail, they just do a second and third attempt until they pass from this world. All attempts at recovery have been exhausted.

If we hold onto things because of what if etc, we can't let go of life. That's just my belief I have developed over the past 25 years fighting on.

• Informative
Reactions: akwa, sash, Forveleth and 4 others
Upvote 0
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'm not really sure. Let me know once you find out because I want the answer to this question as well

Reactions: ratvroomvrooms and Meteora
Upvote 0
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Don't think and just do is the only way. There is no recipe aganst it since it is and instinct. You just have to overcome it in the minute it pops up. Instincts cannot be trained, if it was possible it wouldn't be instincts.

Reactions: YosemiteGrrl and ratvroomvrooms
Upvote 0
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
It's a state of total desperation and hopelessness and a bit of impulsiveness. Imo if all that comes together in the attempt it's likely to defeat SI.

Reactions: YosemiteGrrl and Meteora
Upvote 0
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
-Knowing that death is the better way. I literally got to the point where I am more comfortable thinking about what comes after death than thinking about what could happen down the road in this life.
-Thorough research. Know your method. Know why it works. Know how it works. Know where it might fail. Knowledge is power.
-Practice your method as much as is practical. I am planning on full suspension so I am practicing tying knots, choking myself with my hands so I get used to the dizzy feeling, testing if the rope can hold my weight, different rope positions on my neck (with enough slack to not hang) to see how they would feel. When it's time, it will be a familiar routine and not scary at all.
-Don't set a date. A definitive deadline gives you something to anticipate and can make you anxious.
-Make it a conscious decision. Humans are afraid of impulsive choice. Stepping into danger impulsively is a recipe for failure. Be calm. Be purposeful.

The only thing I failed at on my last attempt was the research. I woke up vomiting which saved me. I did everything else I mentioned and when I felt my consciousness begin to fade, I was calm and my last thought was "Here we go."

• Informative
Reactions: akwa, Alexei_Kirillov, mexican_patty and 5 others
Upvote 0
sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Experienced
Dec 14, 2023
I've been considering paying a CBT-therapist to give me tools to get over my death anxiety, since anxiety is basically what SI is. Unclear if it would help that much, or even at all but anxiety is as natural as SI so having tools to combat one technically could help with the other.

Reactions: Lifeaffirmingchoice and rotciv
Upvote 1
AsTheWorldCaves

AsTheWorldCaves

Mar 17, 2024
Once I get all the necessary pieces I plan on doing multiple practice runs approximating the real thing as close as possible but only lacking that last crucial step. If I do this enough, the actions should become automatic, pavlovian. When the time comes for real I won't even realize what I'm doing before it's done.

Reactions: YosemiteGrrl and Forveleth
Upvote 0
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
You can´t do anything without courage. The process of death becomes easier when a sense of half reality arises as between wakefulness and sleep and in the case of drugs.

Reactions: YosemiteGrrl and rotciv
Upvote 0
L

Lifeaffirmingchoice

deserved so much better
Mar 22, 2024
I've been considering paying a CBT-therapist to give me tools to get over my death anxiety, since anxiety is basically what SI is. Unclear if it would help that much, or even at all but anxiety is as natural as SI so having tools to combat one technically could help with the other.
This could be pretty easy to do on your own though, right?

Reactions: Forveleth
Upvote 0
J

Jorms_McGander

Arcanist
Oct 17, 2023
This is gonna sound kinda weird but hear me out and try to consider it from a practical angle:

Sexual arousal.

While I have been able to use extremes of emotion like anger or sadness or grief in reducing my urge to eat/drink and increasing my urge to engage in very risky behaviours like in my case severe self harm, those behaviours are not as directly lethal as strangulation.

The part that makes it kinda shameful to discuss is that I discovered this ability through the normal experience of sexual experimentation and I was raised in a puritan part of North America so y'know it's just a can of worms. But credentials aside lol if a person is sexually aroused that opens the mind to a whole host of shocking and otherwise bizarre or abnormal behaviours including the willful pursuit of oxygen deprivation through ligature strangulation, and because of the plastic nature of sexual behaviour it really doesn't take long to go from "hey that did feel a little nice" to "no thoughts because I've successfully strangled myself to death"

Once I train myself past the shame of any family possibly thinking I masturbated in my life, I really think fondly of it as a psychologically painless way to go. Just y'know. Gotta die a wanker
I experienced recently some English translations of the Bardo Thodol (The Tibetan Book of the Dead) in a very reflective composition on YouTube called Songs From the Bardo, and I found it to be incredibly reassuring. Now I am curious to hear the entirety of the Bardo Thodol it it's possible. This is directly intended to help cope with end of life anxieties, so, you may also be interested.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forveleth
Upvote 0