• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
No one's going to save you in the end, you have to do it yourself
You're all you've really got to depend on.
That I'll work till I die and I'll probably never own a house.
Struggling is the norm
We will all be forgotten after we die
Knowing that no one gets out of this alive. But yet, for whatever reason, we carry on
The American dream. You have to be asleep to believe it.
That we bring pure and innocent life into a society that isn't pure and innocent.
That part! Wouldn't have missed much if we were never born
That the only time people will give a shit about you is if you're valuable to them in some way.
That I will have to work 5/7 days of the week for the rest of my life.
When people ask "How are you", most of them don't actually care.
You can get killed at any moment in time.
Your dreams most likely will never come true unless you are born wealthy or get stupid lucky
That none of what we do means anything. Everything is pointless and has no absolute meaning.
Nothing is affordable
Realizing you will be forever alone for life.
There is no karma. When people do bad things to others, there is no retribution.
I'll never be rich
My greatest mistake in life, that can never be undone, was being born into a poor family
I'll never have anyone to love

I

iloverachel

Warlock
Mar 7, 2024
My most depressing realization
Is that there are 8 billion people in the world, and none of them care about you at all

Think life is bad? it gets worse as you get older.
Not every one lives a happy life with a happy ending. Many will die miserable

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
When I realized that there is no recovery from my big failure, not even a small basic recovery, after recovery attempt over recovery attempt failed. That was the most depressing experience I ever had and it was the time when I registered here.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Life is suffering. Life is a struggle for survival; it's a competition. Life is a gacha game. It's the luck of the draw. Life is a game of luck and chance. Life is also meaningless. Nothing matters in the end. All of our suffering and struggle is for nothing.

The world owes you nothing. You're on your own. You have to pull yourself up by your bootstraps (aka be independent and support yourself). Everything in this world is about money and profit. Everything depends on money. Everything costs something; nothing is free. The goal of adulthood is to make money in order to survive. You have to work in order to earn a living. You have to pay for your right to exist on this planet, which you never consented to being on. It's honestly absurd that basic needs like food, shelter, and water aren't free. They should be human rights.

The human condition is one of modern day slavery. We're slaves to capitalism, society and the system. Work is modern day slavery, and we have to work to survive. We will work for the rest of our lives until we die. We'll literally work away our lives. We'll have to work a 9-5, 5 days a week, for the next 50-60 years. 8 hours of work (aka modern day slavery) everyday. 40 hours of being somewhere I don't want to be just to make money to survive. 5/7 days each week of being a wageslave. Oh please, just kill me now; I beg you. I'd rather die than live like this!

Nothing is guaranteed in this world. Nothing is permanent; nothing lasts forever. You could end up losing everything in the blink of an eye. Life is sometimes down to dumb luck. It just happens that we got a bad roll of the dice. Life is about surviving. Only a few people are truly living.

Life is survival of the fittest. "The strong do what they will and the weak suffer what they must." The strong will always dominate the weak. There are winners, and there are losers. Evil people get ahead. They're usually the most successful. We're all prisoners in this world. At least we know that we're in prison.

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I agree with all of these.
Struggling is the norm
Knowing that no one gets out of this alive. But yet, for whatever reason, we carry on
That we bring pure and innocent life into a society that isn't pure and innocent.
That none of what we do means anything. Everything is pointless and has no absolute meaning.
Nothing is affordable
There is no karma. When people do bad things to others, there is no retribution.
"You can get killed at any moment in time."

Lol wouldn't this be a good thing? I wish I could die in an accident. I wouldn't even see it coming
That you can do everything right and still lose.
Literally

Last edited:
untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
While I have my personal reasons, I'll answer more broadly. To me what is so depressing is that I recently learned that war is encouraged with the economy and apparently gov. agencies can just go around and experiment/torture the populace. People we are suppose to trust have ruined other nations by drug trafficking, human experimentation, animal cruelty, and the list goes on. I know they say "well the enemy will do it anyway" but I think all of humanity shouldn't do that period.

Lookingtoflyfree

Lookingtoflyfree

Student
Jan 11, 2024
Struggling is the norm
That the only time people will give a shit about you is if you're valuable to them in some way.
When people ask "How are you", most of them don't actually care.
You can get killed at any moment in time.
Your dreams most likely will never come true unless you are born wealthy or get stupid lucky
Nothing is affordable
Realizing you will be forever alone for life.
I'll never be rich
My greatest mistake in life, that can never be undone, was being born into a poor family
I'll never have anyone to love
An excellent list - literally perfect. I think about the poverty my family had for generations, and how it's been a curse.

For me the big one is realizing the people in my life who I thought were friends or who cared about me - when I go, they won't even think to check. I don't know if I just delete all my social media the day of and they'll have no way to contact me - but why bother? I don't think anyone outside of one family member cares. I see that now and how I've been naive for so long. Good -less loose ties to finish up.

S

StarryEyed

PMs aren't my thing
Mar 14, 2024
For me the most depressing realization was in 2013, when I realised that everybody knew all the horrors going on in my life and other people's lives, but they just kept on keeping on with their own lives. It tore me apart to the core Then for the first time I really heard the lyrics of this famous song by Leonard Cohen, called Everybody Knows.

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed
Everybody knows the war is over
Everybody knows the good guys lost
Everybody knows the fight was fixed
The poor stay poor, the rich get rich

That's how it goes
Everybody knows

Everybody knows that the boat is leaking
Everybody knows that the captain lied
Everybody got this broken feeling
Like their father or their dog just died
Everybody talking to their pockets
Everybody wants a box of chocolates
And a long-stem rose
Everybody knows

Everybody knows that you love me baby
Everybody knows that you really do
Everybody knows that you've been faithful
Ah, give or take a night or two
Everybody knows you've been discreet
But there were so many people you just had to meet
Without your clothes
And everybody knows
Everybody knows, everybody knows

That's how it goes
Everybody knows
Everybody knows, everybody knows
That's how it goes
Everybody knows

And everybody knows that it's now or never
Everybody knows that it's me or you
And everybody knows that you live forever
Ah, when you've done a line or two
Everybody knows the deal is rotten
Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton
For your ribbons and bows
And everybody knows

And everybody knows that the Plague is coming
Everybody knows that it's moving fast
Everybody knows that the naked man and woman
Are just a shining artifact of the past
Everybody knows the scene is dead
But there's gonna be a meter on your bed
That will disclose
What everybody knows

And everybody knows that you're in trouble
Everybody knows what you've been through
From the bloody cross on top of Calvary
To the beach of Malibu
Everybody knows it's coming apart
Take one last look at this Sacred Heart
Before it blows
And everybody knows

Iamtired

Iamtired

Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
"You can get killed at any moment in time" is probably the only thing that doesn't sound depressing for me

That actually gave me hope!
More appropriate is that you can be injured and not killed, at any moment.

Think it gets worse than that? Yes, yes it does.
Don't tell me that. :haha:
You can do everything wrong, and win.

Last edited:
gingermacie

gingermacie

head in the clouds
Apr 5, 2024
That I was gay all along. So much pain and loneliness could have been avoided had I realized sooner.
That the adults in my life failed me as a child.
That I strived for the wrong goals because I didn't know what to value in life.
That my emotions and intellect have eroded.
That I wasted my education.
That I could have had a nice life had I developed a better psyche.
That I ruined my face and body for life from a skin picking disorder.
That there's no possible way I can take care of my parents in their old age as their only child.
That my personality sucks.
How merciless time is.

Last edited:
BlendedHeart

BlendedHeart

It is what it is
Mar 9, 2024
Love is fleeting
Friendships are feeble
Time flies when you get older
Academic achievements are mostly meaningless
My feelings and emotions are worthless
Happiness is fragile
Those that have a wrongly wired brain, like most of us, have little chance of recovery

thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Life is a pointless, undeserved, unnecessary pain.
Oct 30, 2023
That everything we do is futile, ephemeral, pointless and senseless...

It doesn't really matter how good or bad things are: At the "end of the day", life is just a big waste of time that will amount to absolutely NOTHING.

Those that have a wrongly wired brain, like most of us, have little chance of recovery
You got that wrong my friend... People who are able to see reality for what it really is don't have, as you stated, a "wrongly wired brain"...

The actual defective brains are actually the ones that can't realize what you just listed... I.e — that:
Love is fleeting
Friendships are feeble
Time flies when you get older
Academic achievements are mostly meaningless
My feelings and emotions are worthless
Happiness is fragile

Love is not only fleeting... But a big lie people like to deceive themselves with!

Last edited:
natthebrat

natthebrat

only help i want is with ctb
Jul 9, 2023
Essentially all jobs involve talking to people.
Being socially and mentally well-adjusted is more important to neurotypical society than being intelligent or reliable.
Working hard, being compassionate, and being quiet are at best the bare minimum and at worst things things that get others to take advantage of you.

Most friends no longer give a crap about you the moment you are no longer convenient to hang out with.
Most friends only want a shallow connection.
I will never be nearly as important to a friend, past, present, or future, as that friend is or will be to me.

All our hobbies/passions are essentially just a different type of materialism/consumerism.
All professional artists, even those considered indie/alternative/punk/DIY/etc, will abandon their supposed values and creative vision as an artist if either will make them lose money.

Last edited:
Lookingtoflyfree

Lookingtoflyfree

Student
Jan 11, 2024
most people don't give a fuck about not destroying the planet
True. I've been on a bunch of climate collapse calls, and most of the people are over 60. I'm trying to find another place to live that will be better until I choose to end, and climate aware people are decent, but I don't want to move to some small town to be with them.

Also the Resting Bea Face icon is amazing!!! That gave me such a big smile!:pfff:

etherealgoddess

etherealgoddess

perseverance is inevitable success
Dec 8, 2022
I think for me, it's realizing that a lot of these societal norms of success are just pointless. Getting rich, being beautiful, etc... you work so hard in this world to leave it all behind. I'm fortunate in many ways - I'm attractive, have a partner, a loving family, and was born into wealth. Despite this, I still struggle with depression and hate life because you realize these things don't actually make you happy. It was when I realized that life was just a pointless game that I lost interest in it. I'm ready to go home now. It's just like running in a hamster wheel--you don't go anywhere. I'm just so ridiculously scared to die, so I'm stuck in purgatory on earth.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
There are a lot of things which I hate about life. The amount of bad things that are within existence would make the concept of infinity seem inferior in comparison. However, I'll just list a few things that are on the top of my list. The first being that euthanasia won't ever be legalised for people like us during our entire lifetime.

Aside from that, the things I hate about life is how we are forced into slavery and responsibility when we didn't even ask to be here to begin with. The average life of a human being is depressing... first we get indoctrinated by school for most of our childhood to love and appreciate the idea of being a wage slave, then we can go in slightly different paths after that but, in the end, we will inevitably be slaving our lives away for 50 to 60 years... which could perhaps turn into 80 to 90 years due to our lifespans getting extended via technology. That's our entire life... we first get indoctrinated to like wage slavery and to consider it as a choice rather than an obligation then we actually wage slave until old age then we suffer through old age and the harsh diseases it causes.

I also hate at how cruel the world is and how the weak get bullied. I hate at how the world is designed to maximise suffering. I hate at how people cause so many obstacles for those who want to die. I hate at how boring and shitty reality is. I hate at how we never consented to do any of this to begin with. I hate the human condition and how we are forced to take care of ourselves. I hate at how there's an 71% chance (i.e. 5/7) that we will wake up one random morning in where we spend the entire day wage slaving. I hate at how life is all for nothing and that only 1% of the population are truly living

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
There are a lot of things which I hate about life. The amount of bad things that are within existence would make the concept of infinity seem inferior in comparison. However, I'll just list a few things that are on the top of my list. The first being that euthanasia won't ever be legalised for people like us during our entire lifetime.

Aside from that, the things I hate about life is how we are forced into slavery and responsibility when we didn't even ask to be here to begin with. The average life of a human being is depressing... first we get indoctrinated by school for most of our childhood to love and appreciate the idea of being a wage slave, then we can go in slightly different paths after that but, in the end, we will inevitably be slaving our lives away for 50 to 60 years... which could perhaps turn into 80 to 90 years due to our lifespans getting extended via technology. That's our entire life... we first get indoctrinated to like wage slavery and to consider it as a choice rather than an obligation then we actually wage slave until old age then we suffer through old age and the harsh diseases it causes.

I also hate at how cruel the world is and how the weak get bullied. I hate at how the world is designed to maximise suffering. I hate at how people cause so many obstacles for those who want to die. I hate at how boring and shitty reality is. I hate at how we never consented to do any of this to begin with. I hate the human condition and how we are forced to take care of ourselves. I hate at how there's an 71% chance (i.e. 5/7) that we will wake up one random morning in where we spend the entire day wage slaving. I hate at how life is all for nothing and that only 1% of the population are truly living
I hate this so much! It's not fair that I'm burdened with responsibilities that I never even wanted solely because I'm alive. I didn't even consent to being born. I was brought into existence against my will. I hate how I'll inevitably be forced into slavery and responsibility. It's just so unfair and unjust. I hate how I'll have to slave my life away just to survive. That's not even living, it's just surviving. Life for me is not worth living if it's under these circumstances. Work and wageslavery are inherently exploitative, and I want no part in it. I'd rather die than have to work for a living for the rest of my life. The thing that I don't understand is how and why people slave away their whole lives just to die. It's not like working will prevent the inevitable (death)

Last edited:
onbekend

onbekend

Experienced
Jan 14, 2024
The realization that death was the only path things could go down for me wasn't even the most depressing, It was the fact that everything that led me to this point, that I thought would help me, Was ultimately in vain. It was all pointless living these years of my life. In a way, I'm glad I was fortunate enough to realize how pointless life is before I grew older otherwise I would've been stuck in an endless loop till it was far too late but the idea itself that it's all pointless also saddens me a lot.