Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
I always have a mild fascination with people's profile pictures, as it's often a reflection of the user themselves. It could be mundane or it can reflect your values and what you like. Or maybe it's a member of your favorite musician, artist, a tv/film character, a thinker/philosopher, a historical figure, etc. Or maybe it's a vibe you wanna give off.

What is behind your profile pic? Why did you choose it? Does it have any kind of special meaning for you?

Mine is a still from a movie called Blue is the Warmest Colour, a movie about two young women and their love affair. I also feel like the character's gender expression matches mine irl, so it's fitting. The actress is in the image is Lea Seydoux.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: kawaiiphantom, MrBlue, D&D and 6 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I've had a couple. The Ducati logo for a while, when I owned one. The Punisher because he's one of my fav characters in general. Most recently Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII because he wants to destroy/save the planet by crashing a meteor into it and become a god. And if I could look like him, that would be pretty sweet too.

Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
  • Yay!
Reactions: Alcoholic Teletubby, ultrafuntimes, Mixo and 3 others
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
when I joined I had Maleficent as a profile pic lol. Then a member I became quite close with, did a makeover on me. i like her, and recently a member told me the anime name last week.

Reactions: Mixo
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
Until now I've only had images with Johan Liebert from Monster as my profile picture. Because Johan is my favorite anime character of all time. A very well constructed antagonist with a complex personality that you can analyze for hours, or even days.

Ngl at one point I wanted to change my pfp with one of Slayer, a character from the fighting game series Guilty Gear, the dandiest vampire. But I think I'll stay loyal to Johan :D.

• Love
Reactions: kawaiiphantom and Mixo
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I want to be faceless. I want to be forgotten when I am dead except from my friends. I feel ashamed about my life.

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sick of it all, Lostandlooking, ReallyTired and 2 others
gottago222

gottago222

paranoia bae
Dec 21, 2021
@mixolydian i always thought that was you in the pic lol

• Yay!
O

OrcWitch

Warlock
Sep 3, 2021
It doesn't have any special meaning to me. I like the goth girl aesthetic and I like creepy susie from the Oblongs.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
My profile picture reflects how I feel and I see myself in it. I find the moon to be comforting but at the same time it makes me feel sad.

• Hugs
Reactions: dreadpirateroberts69
Silenos

Silenos

Ṿ̸̄Ọ̶͂Ỉ̶͉D̴̞͝ ̴̲̐A̷̾͜W̷̪͒Ā̵̯I̵͍̅T̵̛͔S̷̗͛
Jul 25, 2020
  • Yay!
Reactions: Alcoholic Teletubby, Capsicum_Corral and noname223
lostautist

lostautist

wandering
Jan 12, 2022
My first one was a brain plugged directly to a circuit board, kind of how I generally feel being online. No physical body to interact with.

My new one is a scene from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. The scene with the rabbit of Caerbannog and the Holy Hand Grenade.

Facing adversity, facing irrational fear, in a very silly way. It's lighthearted, serious and hilarious and it's something that's uplifting to me. Plus, I really like bunnies, they're cute, but I fear being bitten by those nasty big pointy teeth. Also, that's no ordinary rabbit. So it resonates with me on a few levels.

dreadpirateroberts69

dreadpirateroberts69

RRREEEEEEE (she/her)
Nov 4, 2021
Fizzgig is just the best, who doesn't love a fizzgig?

• Hugs
Reactions: Panna, D&D and occamsrazor
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
Mine is Weltall one of my crushes from videogame Xenogears

Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I had no idea what to use as a profile picture, so I just searched around the net until I found something.

It has nice colors, and I like how the background is blurred. And I like birds and animals.

In mythologies crows are connected to death and divination, but iirc that wasn't on my mind when I picked it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Crazy4u, D&D, Foresight and 1 other person
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
With my misfortune, missed opportunities, unknown illness, debt, and two failed marriages, life has just felt like the ultimate troll to me. So I went with the best there is. Plus I just think Dolan's face looks funny and retarded.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Crazy4u, D&D, Manaaja and 1 other person
Squalo

Squalo

A Fatal Mistake
Jan 14, 2021
he is Eredin, the commander of the Wild Hunt in The Witcher III, one of my favorite games; I don't have a specific reason why I put him as an avatar, he's just a character I like.

Reactions: Ringo and LionsTigersAndBears
L

LionsTigersAndBears

Archangel
Oct 14, 2020
It is just a photo of me taken in the summer of last year.

Reactions: Crazy4u
jimmy7754

jimmy7754

I just want to be myself again
Dec 15, 2021
Try to stay calm…

If you can.

Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I thought that's what your pic was from but it's been years since I saw that movie. I like it.

Mine right now is a willow, my name. I had a chopped image of my wedding photo first when I was really down as a metaphor that even love can't save me. Then I had my pups for a couple days to remind me of one of the reasons I stay. I'm silly about making everything mean something.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ringo, Mixo, absoluteanimal1 and 2 others
Nanako

Nanako

Experienced
Dec 24, 2018
I just like Yui from NGE. Why I chose this picture in particular is a mystery even to myself, tho.

Chinaski

Chinaski

Arthur Scargill appreciator
Sep 1, 2018
Mine is a character from my favourite anime, just like everybody else's.

• Yay!
Reactions: D&D, 9BBN, Mixo and 3 others
completely-done

completely-done

Experienced
Jan 31, 2022
Random google search of "anime girl crying" lol

I don't watch anime anymore. I do love musicals though

D

Deleted member 8975

I felt comfortable enough to post a pfp of my real self. Hence why I'm always looking cute.

occamsrazor

occamsrazor

we’re born astride the grave
Jan 31, 2022
Fizzgig is just the best, who doesn't love a fizzgig?
Agreed. I got the great conjunction triangle tattooed on my back and it makes me furious when people ask if it's the Harry Potter triangle lol

• Love
Reactions: dreadpirateroberts69 and LionsTigersAndBears
D&D

D&D

Write something, even if it’s just a suicide note.
Dec 3, 2021
My room, as it was on the day the photo was taken. The background is the view from it.

Mine is a character from my favourite anime, just like everybody else's.

Bukowski said Shakespeare never worked for him. :heart:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Crazy4u and LionsTigersAndBears
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It's an egg who doesn't want to be born. Doesn't get any more blatant than that.

Reactions: kannon, Crazy4u, MrBlue and 2 others
Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
I love rabbits, I like Reisen, I identify with her.... Yup, that's why all the pfp I use are fanart of hers, as for the specific image, I just change it according to my mood, I've been quite nostalgic lately so I use an image of Reisen with her old masters.
It's an egg who doesn't want to be born. Doesn't get any more blatant than that.
That's a big contrast haha, I remember a post you made about why you used Silver.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc