• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

JudasIscariot

JudasIscariot

Mar 23, 2023
Was unsure whether or not to use the "discussion" or "method" prefix as this thread could easily fit into either. I know the most common, and preferable, way to shoot oneself is via brainstem, either behind the ear or aiming for the back of the mouth. However, I am unable to find many resources regarding shotgun to chest/heart, resources regarding gunshot to chest are far more common than shotgun (although I wonder if the two phrases are used interchangeably), and lostallhope.com references shotgun to chest as being only a minute before unconsciousness, and a 16 on a scale from 1-100 of pain. It's quite lethal according to lostallhope, although I am not sure of their reliability regarding this method. Hanging is supposedly even more painful than this method, much to my surprise. But anyway, wondering if anyone has any knowledge regarding this method. I have not heard of many surviving attempts if any at all.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Huntfish34
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
The firearms megathread has some analysis. Later, you may unlock the ability to search this forum. Before then, here are some links from a brief search:
Most aren't deep analyses, but may stimulate thought

Having studied this method, but not having done deep research, I'd be very skeptical. I don't know how likely going into shock is, if your body fully expects what's about to happen. The chance of disastrous flinching seems far greater than using your mouth to stabilize the barrel. Severing your spine may be useful, I don't know

You also lose much ability to control your thoughts before your nervous system completely stops. But your stomach/chest area does contain a dense cluster of your nervous system which thinks

Many with certain supernatural beliefs prefer preserving their heads

If you refuse to stabilize with mouth, rigging up a stabilizer sounds useful. Such a contraption increases the complexity, but your organic limbs are themselves complex contraptions. They trade away reliability to get flexibility, also could be better designed. And you only get one shot. Hopefully

Last edited:
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
As another poster said, why not just stick the gun in your mouth? Doesn't make sense to me to have a gun, want to CTB, and then shoot yourself in the chest. Why suffer needlessly more by shooting yourself in the chest when it is known that gunshot wounds to the head, particularly through the mouth that blowout the brain stem, are as close to 100% success rate as you can get, resulting in death in mere seconds?

JudasIscariot

JudasIscariot

Mar 23, 2023
It would work but why would you not just aim for the head?
If obtaining a gun, I would worry about being a vegetable. Plus, the photos I have seen of shotgun suicides to the head have been particularly gruesome.
My best guess would be that the general concensus is to aim for the head instead

But I guess it will kill your regardless. You aiming (hehehehe) to leave a nice body behind?
Lol, I agree, I have not heard many reports of failings, except when using a homemade gun or device; the most popular option seems to be the brainstem.
The firearms megathread has some analysis. Later, you may unlock the ability to search this forum. Before then, here are some links from a brief search:
Most aren't deep analyses, but may stimulate thought

Having studied this method, but not having done deep research, I'd be very skeptical. I don't know how likely going into shock is, if your body fully expects what's about to happen. The chance of disastrous flinching seems far greater than using your mouth to stabilize the barrel. Severing your spine may be useful, I don't know

You also lose much ability to control your thoughts before your nervous system completely stops. But your stomach/chest area does contain a dense cluster of your nervous system which thinks

Many with certain supernatural beliefs prefer preserving their heads

If you refuse to stabilize with mouth, rigging up a stabilizer sounds useful. Such a contraption increases the complexity, but your organic limbs are themselves complex contraptions. They trade away reliability to get flexibility, also could be better designed. And you only get one shot. Hopefully
Thank you for your detailed comment. As I recall, I read through the firearms megathread rather thoroughly and it did not mention much regarding the chest. I have seen some people concern themselves with their eyesight in the afterlife, although this mostly does not apply to me. Your idea of a stabilizer is interesting; what exactly do you mean by this?
As another poster said, why not just stick the gun in your mouth? Doesn't make sense to me to have a gun, want to CTB, and then shoot yourself in the chest. Why suffer needlessly more by shooting yourself in the chest when it is known that gunshot wounds to the head, particularly through the mouth that blowout the brain stem, are as close to 100% success rate as you can get, resulting in death in mere seconds?
Good ideas; very thought provoking. I mentioned previously in this thread that I fear this gruesome method, and also failing, although if aiming for the brainstem, either behind the ear or the back of my mouth, failure would be extremely likely, if likely at all.

Last edited:
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

Aug 16, 2022
I have seen some people concern themselves with their eyesight in the afterlife, although this mostly does not apply to me.
Well spotted!

Your idea of a stabilizer is interesting; what exactly do you mean by this?
I guess concretely, it could be:
  • 2 vises, a table, maybe a chair
  • put the shotgun upside down or sideways into the vises. So the handle doesn't awkwardly get in the way
  • lean your chest target on the shotgun barrel. Maybe reposition the shotgun in the vises if awkward
  • a chair can constrain your up-down movement. Chair-arms can slightly constrain your side-side movement
But I'm not an experienced handyperson. They might have better ideas, or add details like putting thin cloth where the vises grip the shotgun

Abstractly, it's something that maintains a relation between your chest and the barrel. Not necessarily perfectly, otherwise you'll irreversibly have a shotgun pointed at your chest for the rest of your life

Last edited:
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Practice makes perfect. Being able to hit 🎯 targets first. practice to not flinch, do not move the gun only the trigger. Can do this dry firing no ammo.. Imo the shotgun method is 99%. Example of practice testing. Set up a camera on phone . video tape self taking 10 shots with no ammo. If u can hit the brain stem all 10 with out flinching ......

JudasIscariot

JudasIscariot

Mar 23, 2023
i once saw a guy live streamed his suicide with shotgun to head... I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here. it was fast but pretty messed up
wish i had the luxury of firearm in my country...
I've seen some gore suicide posts here; so I'd imagine it's allowed. I only view such videos academically, it's quite gory and unsettling. Shotgun to the head is very messy whereas gunshot is fairly tame. The only time I've heard shotgun to head failing is under the chin, directly under the nose, and possibly the temple.
Well spotted!

I guess concretely, it could be:
  • 2 vises, a table, maybe a chair
  • put the shotgun upside down or sideways into the vises. So the handle doesn't awkwardly get in the way
  • lean your chest target on the shotgun barrel. Maybe reposition the shotgun in the vises if awkward
  • a chair can constrain your up-down movement. Chair-arms can slightly constrain your side-side movement
But I'm not an experienced handyperson. They might have better ideas, or add details like putting thin cloth where the vises grip the shotgun

Abstractly, it's something that maintains a relation between your chest and the barrel. Not necessarily perfectly, otherwise you'll irreversibly have a shotgun pointed at your chest for the rest of your life
Thanks for your reply. Very informative. I think the mistake a lot of people make regarding shotgun suicides is angling. Pushing the trigger with one's finger could clearly cause flinching and thus an unsuccessful suicide. Whereas using a tool could easily reduce the risk. Thanks for your reply, very helpful. Where did you come up with such an idea? Never heard of it before, yet it's clearly an important idea to consider.
If your worry is about being a vegetable, I feel like picking the option of "a not very well documented" statistical option is not the best concept when you compare it to an "almost 100% chance of dying" statistical option.
Yeah, makes sense. Although lostallhope places shotgun to chest high up on the list with brief instruction. Shotgun to head is #1 though. Much to consider.
Practice makes perfect. Being able to hit 🎯 targets first. practice to not flinch, do not move the gun only the trigger. Can do this dry firing no ammo.. Imo the shotgun method is 99%. Example of practice testing. Set up a camera on phone . video tape self taking 10 shots with no ammo. If u can hit the brain stem all 10 with out flinching ......
Yeah, good idea. Dry firing is feasible and without risk. Thanks, great idea.
Agreed with some other posters........ Why Risk the possibility of pain / failure when you can just go..... Basically; Lights Outt with a proper headshot...

idk. Just my .02. I wish you Nothing but the best in whatever you may decide. Godspeed-
I imagine shotgun to chest is extremely painful, though due to blood loss unconsciousness would occur quickly. I've heard various experiences regarding shotgun wounds, and most are very disheartening. Thanks for your reply.

Last edited:
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Yepp, all understandable and respected. I agree it will most likely not be long or drawn out , But.... with Any pain involved I'd just recommend other like minded people to choose the " other " way. Which I will certainly do to myself Soon, probably.. -

Thanks for sharing-

JudasIscariot

JudasIscariot

Mar 23, 2023
Yepp, all understandable and respected. I agree it will most likely not be long or drawn out , But.... with Any pain involved I'd just recommend other like minded people to choose the " other " way. Which I will certainly do to myself Soon, probably.. -

Thanks for sharing-
Thanks for your heartfelt replies in this thread. I hope you find peace in any way possible. It's probably more likely to be successful if one were to die by shotgun to the brainstem. Illogically I worry about the sight for those who care most about me. When nothing matters at all when one is dead, as we will experience nothing painful nor nothing good either. Just complete nothingness therefore the unpleasant effects of one's suicide do not particularly matter, as those who die by suicide (or die at all) will not witness such reactions.

• Love
SexyIncél

SexyIncél

Aug 16, 2022
Where did you come up with such an idea? Never heard of it before, yet it's clearly an important idea to consider.
Hmm this turns out long. Maybe you should skip my entire post. Probably took less time to think it than write it

When discussing stabilizing the gun, I vaguely pictured some crazy thing with ropes. Mainly only thought of it abstractly: maintaining muzzle to target, within some tolerance

Then you caught me by asking what I exactly I meant. Not wanting to seem glib, I imagined possibilities until we got something feasible. A metal cage felt too much effort and materials. I imagined those guys with a basement workshop telling me that. So what's more minimal to constrain shotgun and maybe body?

The basement engineer in my head has vises attached to a solid stable table. I didn't like scratching the gun, maybe irrationally, so cloth seemed to be nice. And I didn't like there was too little contact from vise to shotgun. Cloth could increase the contact. How thick? I don't know. Maybe I'm completely wrong about the cloth, some basement workshoppers in my head offhandedly argued that maybe it'll make things theoretically worse, and I should admit I'm actually just being aesthetic about shotgun paint jobs. And wasting energy about resale value

The stock and trigger were annoying, always hitting the table before the muzzle. The skilled self-assassin in my head said assassins turn the tool upside down. The orientation was no longer relevant in this context. And that frankly, it'd be nice to have a system with two shotguns, each aimed at a dense collections of neurons: in the head and stomach

How does consciousness work after only one of them is obliterated? Earlier, I took a psychedelic to ask my unconscious what exploding my brain would be like. It responded by experiencing a decentralized mist of consciousness, the individual parts growing mentally dim, dissipating like mist. But we didn't consider the stomach, because we wanted to die too soon to complicate matters

I still don't entirely know if the last experience subjectively stretches on forever. That's why I'd use a shotgun if dying alone. It lets me mold my mind -- then instantly self-destruct. But dying in a suicide pact is different

Later, I felt I imagined you buying a shotgun and getting annoyed at me that the sliding pump got in the way of the vises. I forgot to mention that you should take care to buy a shotgun keeping the vises in mind. Probably a longer muzzle and convenient ammo loading/ejection port? Maybe doesn't matter, but keep it in mind

After all, buying the Mossberg 500 shotgun is usually a mistake, because the muzzle doesn't fit conveniently in the mouth

But how to go the extra distance and stabilize my body? Maybe stabilizing the shotgun was enough. But why not go the extra distance? After all, the spine is kind of a thin target

The basement workshopper was saying a metal frame was unnecessary work. So I imagined myself just pushing my stomach on the muzzle, also leaning my hip on the side of the table. Maybe positioning the muzzle further back so it's more comfortable, I don't know

I might get tired from standing, without realizing why. Draining my mind while I try molding it into its final state. A chair would be nice. Then realized people's legs might get wobbly with anxiety. Then realized a chair also constrains my body. How? Up and down. Unless it sucks and breaks. I wondered then about side-to-side, but then the skilled self-assassin said I was going too overboard. If I really cared, fine, rig something up with the chair arms. Or whatever. So it felt too unimportant to spend more time on it

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
JudasIscariot

JudasIscariot

Mar 23, 2023
Hmm this turns out long. Maybe you should skip my entire post. Probably took less time to think it than write it

When discussing stabilizing the gun, I vaguely pictured some crazy thing with ropes. Mainly only thought of it abstractly: maintaining muzzle to target, within some tolerance

Then you caught me by asking what I exactly I meant. Not wanting to seem glib, I imagined possibilities until we got something feasible. A metal cage felt too much effort and materials. I imagined those guys with a basement workshop telling me that. So what's more minimal to constrain shotgun and maybe body?

The basement engineer in my head has vises attached to a solid stable table. I didn't like scratching the gun, maybe irrationally, so cloth seemed to be nice. And I didn't like there was too little contact from vise to shotgun. Cloth could increase the contact. How thick? I don't know. Maybe I'm completely wrong about the cloth, some basement workshoppers in my head offhandedly argued that maybe it'll make things theoretically worse, and I should admit I'm actually just being aesthetic about shotgun paint jobs. And wasting energy about resale value

The stock and trigger were annoying, always hitting the table before the muzzle. The skilled self-assassin in my head said assassins turn the tool upside down. The orientation was no longer relevant in this context. And that frankly, it'd be nice to have a system with two shotguns, each aimed at a dense collections of neurons: in the head and stomach

How does consciousness work after only one of them is obliterated? Earlier, I took a psychedelic to ask my unconscious what exploding my brain would be like. It responded by experiencing a decentralized mist of consciousness, the individual parts growing mentally dim, dissipating like mist. But we didn't consider the stomach, because we wanted to die too soon to complicate matters

I still don't entirely know if the last experience subjectively stretches on forever. That's why I'd use a shotgun if dying alone. It lets me mold my mind -- then instantly self-destruct. But dying in a suicide pact is different

Later, I felt I imagined you buying a shotgun and getting annoyed at me that the sliding pump got in the way of the vises. I forgot to mention that you should take care to buy a shotgun keeping the vises in mind. Probably a longer muzzle and convenient ammo loading/ejection port? Maybe doesn't matter, but keep it in mind

After all, buying the Mossberg 500 shotgun is usually a mistake, because the muzzle doesn't fit conveniently in the mouth

But how to go the extra distance and stabilize my body? Maybe stabilizing the shotgun was enough. But why not go the extra distance? After all, the spine is kind of a thin target

The basement workshopper was saying a metal frame was unnecessary work. So I imagined myself just pushing my stomach on the muzzle, also leaning my hip on the side of the table. Maybe positioning the muzzle further back so it's more comfortable, I don't know

I might get tired from standing, without realizing why. Draining my mind while I try molding it into its final state. A chair would be nice. Then realized people's legs might get wobbly with anxiety. Then realized a chair also constrains my body. How? Up and down. Unless it sucks and breaks. I wondered then about side-to-side, but then the skilled self-assassin said I was going too overboard. If I really cared, fine, rig something up with the chair arms. Or whatever. So it felt too unimportant to spend more time on it
Thanks again for the very detailed and informative post. Personal experiences are of value so I'm glad you are sharing. The psychedelic experience is very eye-opening; the mind dissipating like mist is probably a fairly accurate metaphor for shotgun to brain suicide. I can personally attest that hearing is the last sense to leave the body, and I've heard that regarding shotgun to head, one won't even hear the bang. Fascinating. I wouldn't be annoyed at you, the vises are an excellent idea and I would need to conceptualize this whilst obtaining my firearm. I like Mossberg 500s, very reliable. Whilst I imagine the stomach is a fairly reliable place, as the great Vincent Van Gogh died from this (with a pistol as I recall, no less) it's probably tricky to know where to aim. Hypothetically I would be aiming for the heart, as I've heard numerous success stories about this. Failures seem massively unreported. I imagine it's not impossible that there are a large amount of failures, however even with gunshot/shotgun to head there are a few, mostly just people aiming under the chin or placing the gun under their nose and blowing it off, leaving a disfigured face. Amazingly, such people often claim not to be suicidal anymore. Sitting down seems most preferable, but I can just imagine myself as well as others shaking from the pure anxiety. One has never felt greater anxiety than facing the eyes of death. Naturally, death is nothing to fear, but when facing down the barrel of a gun (metaphorically and literally, lol) doubts and fears become rampant. Damn that survival instinct! But thank you for your very detailed and helpful message, it's much appreciated. Out of curiosity, what psychedelic did you use, if you are comfortable sharing? I do not have many experiences with psychedelics, although I do have easy access, so I wonder if it would cause me to fear death less.

Last edited:
Reactions: SexyIncél
JudasIscariot

JudasIscariot

Mar 23, 2023
Bumping, if anyone has more thoughts, do share.

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

Aug 16, 2022
Out of curiosity, what psychedelic did you use, if you are comfortable sharing? I do not have many experiences with psychedelics, although I do have easy access, so I wonder if it would cause me to fear death less.
LSD. Wish I could just communicate with my unconscious with a silly thing called language, but nooo that'd be too easy

I know, maybe it's unstable for a mind to introspect into itself too much. Still, there's a nice short story called "Understand" about this

Reactions: JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot

JudasIscariot

Mar 23, 2023
LSD. Wish I could just communicate with my unconscious with a silly thing called language, but nooo that'd be too easy

I know, maybe it's unstable for a mind to introspect into itself too much. Still, there's a nice short story called "Understand" about this
I get it. It's hard enough to describe existential issues sober. Ever read Sartre? Shitty guy, but "Nausea" is a great read and describes some of my issues relating to existentialism perfectly. It may be unstable, but sometimes I'm glad I've metaphorically taken the red pill as opposed to blue. That link looks like a great read, I'll check it out. I've always wanted to take LSD but there's a shit market for it, never been able to find any.

Reactions: SexyIncél
JudasIscariot

JudasIscariot

Mar 23, 2023
Bumping, if anyone has any thoughts. If you do, please share.