• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

tabris_075

Feb 2, 2024
I have a very particular thought onto that question, I don't actually see age as a simple number people decide, I'm very young, still I've found thousands of adults who have less maturity than I do. It amuses me, after all, they were supposed to be the example for youngsters like me. Then I noticed age is something related to life experiences, a child who was gone through more in life than an adult has more maturity and so on. At least, that's my opinion onto it

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, Andrew10, pthnrdnojvsc and 3 others
LifeTransit_1

LifeTransit_1

Death is inevitable. I just want mine early.
Oct 25, 2023
Age is just a number for me... I'm gonna CTB soon anyways why should I care about my age?

Reactions: tabris_075
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Just a number.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Age is just a number which we humans define according to the time the earth needs to surround the sun one time. Each one of us has different life experiences regardless of age.

Reactions: myusername890, tabris_075 and pthnrdnojvsc
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
Age is a number used for measuring the baseline of where a person should be or is in their different development stages. How developed you are really comes downs to your family circumstances, intelligence, intellectual capabilities, was it focused on growth, etc etc and etc. Depression is not a measurement of age.

Quiet_Cricket

Quiet_Cricket

Sep 18, 2023
Wasted time

Reactions: tabris_075, ijustwishtodie, Andrew10 and 3 others
Labyrinth

Labyrinth

There is no escaping the burden of existence
Jan 8, 2024
Age can represent a degree of biological development or a chronological quantity.

The past is irrevocable and immutable. Age is an allusion to what existed.

Reactions: tabris_075, Andrew10, buyersremorse and 1 other person
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
For me, age is life's experiences. In that case I am well over 100. My mind is young and my body isnt "old" but life's experiences have aged me incredibly.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
When I was younger, my age and corresponding lack of success- according to what I wanted to achieve by when, really troubled me. My twenties were especially hard. Age 28 in paticular. I remember some of my teachers were around that age when I was in secondary school and I'd got it into my head that that was the age I needed to have my shit together by. As it was, by that age, I was stuck in retail job I hated and decided I needed to start again with a second degree to get me back on track.

I think, as I aged, the idea of age became less important. I realised that plenty of people find themselves treading water in life and find they need to change course. It would be nice if we had the benefit of hindsight when we have to make major decisions but, it doesn't work like that.

In terms of maturity, I agree with you. I think it's more about the experiences you have had in life but also, attitude. I know people in their 70's who are still doing very physical, hard jobs. Most people are complaining about their joints by that age but, they power on through because they love their work. So much is to do with attitude I think.

At the other end of the scale, youngsters vary enormously. Maybe it comes down to what was expected of them to a degree. Someone who was either neglected or, given encouragement to do things on their own may seem more mature and better at 'adulting' than someone who was 'babied' and not given any responsibility.

Plus, obviously experiences matter. Especially bad ones that create trauma. It seems to affect people in different ways though. I think it certainly does kind of age someone though. I think I became very cynical very early on because of a fairly rocky childhood. It can work the other way though too I think. Certain traumas maybe trap us in a more immature state. I certainly have anxieties that feel too frightening to confront and heal. Social anxiety in particular. That isn't a very mature attitude. A 'proper' adult would probably be strong enough to both recognise the things that held them back and, deal with them.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
age just a number it doesn't equal experience

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
It's complicated. My body tells me it's 70. But although most of the time I am engaged in serious scientific research, i.e. adult stuff, there are other times when my mental age feels about 12. Sometimes I like to go and play on my swing for a while. (Yes, I do have one, hanging from a tree.)

• Love
Reactions: tabris_075 and rozeske
buyersremorse

buyersremorse

useless
Feb 16, 2023
i guess age does imply experience (in terms of years lived) which intelligence is no substitute for, but with it this assumption that there's this single linear structure that all brains develop and mature. i've seen literal twelve year olds with more sense and reason than some thirty-smth year olds. to me, age is simply a number - circumstances are the main factor that determine development and capability in decision making.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's just the amount of years I've suffered in this existence, the more time spent here just means more opportunites to suffer. I've existed for 23 years which really is such an incredibly long time, in my case I believe the less time spent trapped in this existence the better, only never existing is true perfection to me.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
For me, it's just how long I have to pointlessly suffer here for

• Hugs
Reactions: buyersremorse, Raven2 and tabris_075
Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Tokugawa_Yoshinobu

Arcanist
Sep 10, 2023
Just a number because I've seen so many people that lacked "life experience" but are smart at a young age and old people who stayed stupid their entire life. Who do you quantify these things. Seems very arbitrary to be though it still an indicator of development of course.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and tabris_075
Katdogg

Katdogg

Jan 31, 2024
Do you believe experience (age) can bring wisdom and newfound insight?

The 10yr old you compared to the 18yr old you is a much more knowledgeable human I would imagine.

I think maturity is a whole different ball of wax. My two cents anyway

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and tabris_075
throneofdispair03

throneofdispair03

is a mistake
Jan 10, 2024
just a label of how many times we've orbited around the sun

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
T

tabris_075

Feb 2, 2024
For me, age is life's experiences. In that case I am well over 100. My mind is young and my body isnt "old" but life's experiences have aged me incredibly.
I couldn't agree more with your opinion, it's always interesting to hear what people have on their minds

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
From my limited IRL experience, young people are noisy, and old people decrepit. I'm the only proper person in my story. Everyone else is boring, stupid trash.

And if anyone is smarter, I will listen to him, and internalise his wisdom to the best of my lazy ability.

Online, however? There are no people online, merely names on the screen. And I'm telling myself lies that there are people beyond to make me feel less lonely while remaining alone.

T

tabris_075

Feb 2, 2024
It's complicated. My body tells me it's 70. But although most of the time I am engaged in serious scientific research, i.e. adult stuff, there are other times when my mental age feels about 12. Sometimes I like to go and play on my swing for a while. (Yes, I do have one, hanging from a tree.)
That's also an unexpected answer. Age can be something mutable, just like feelings, it depends on the circumstances of the moment. Age is so relative as everything else is, that was intriguing indeed, thanks for such an amazing answer
From my limited IRL experience, young people are noisy, and old people decrepit. I'm the only proper person in my story. Everyone else is boring, stupid trash.

And if anyone is smarter, I will listen to him, and internalise his wisdom to the best of my lazy ability.

Online, however? There are no people online, merely names on the screen. And I'm telling myself lies that there are people beyond to make me feel less lonely while remaining alone.
Oh, but you'll never find any other place in this world where people are that honest, we can only give a full piece of our mind to a complete faceless stranger, after all. You're not afraid of being judged by some stranger are you? That's exactly why we are able to share our unsaid thoughts on that kind of website. You can keep believing there is no one on the other side of that screen, still, my existence is completely real for as far as I can tell. Here, at least, you'll always find someone that truly agrees and comprehends your feelings, no lying

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and Linda
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
Here, at least, you'll always find someone that truly agrees and comprehends your feelings, no lying
Even without lying, plenty of people here are possessed by certain cultural forces - see the incel vs non-incel debate earlier. I don't believe a truthful conversation to be possible - after all, our contradictions lie not merely in the sphere of ideas but also physical interests. "You're guilty for I am hungry" © Krylov

Hell, even the idea of the hatred of all life does not unite the denizens of this forum because a substantial segment believes in the existence of free will, hence the right to choice.

This is indeed straying way too far from the subject, but that's what you get when age is reduced to meaninglessness. Ultimately, all humans are hideous animals, no matter the age.

T

tabris_075

Feb 2, 2024
Even without lying, plenty of people here are possessed by certain cultural forces - see the incel vs non-incel debate earlier. I don't believe a truthful conversation to be possible - after all, our contradictions lie not merely in the sphere of ideas but also physical interests. "You're guilty for I am hungry" © Krylov

Hell, even the idea of the hatred of all life does not unite the denizens of this forum because a substantial segment believes in the existence of free will, hence the right to choice.

This is indeed straying way too far from the subject, but that's what you get when age is reduced to meaninglessness. Ultimately, all humans are hideous animals, no matter the age.
What you said is indeed very interesting, I thank you for sharing you view with me, I'm certainly going to give it some thought. I have no actual answer for your comment, that is quite exciting, I've found something new to consider about before the day I die, you brought me knowledge