• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Marine

Marine

Make love win against fear 🤍
Jul 5, 2020
Let's try to be somewhat useful here after a very long absence and post what I currently do to overcome the "trauma block" to life, love and freedom :

. I follow Mark Passio's podcast (I generally recommend it to everybody who doesn't already know what's going on in the world and what to do about it) :

. I see a therapist (he's not 100% conventional which is better for me) while still having mixed feelings (aka "eh, I don't know about that and that but that other thing makes sense I guess but does it help though ?") about him like for every therapist I've ever seen over the past 2 decades. I don't know how long I'll be doing it but so far I am.

. I'm attempting Joe Dispenza's transformative meditation (on YT, might read his book eventually, I have to note that his wording is not always on point so I bypass the dubious stuff and keep the good which is usually good practice) and EFT (tapping along Brad Yates on YT for now) yet again because Jay Parker (Satanic Ritual Abuse survivor) strongly advocated it for trauma recovery and I don't have anything better after billions of hours of research into everything I could find plus I guess I didn't try it for long enough, I think my understanding of things in general is better now and it looks like a generally positive thing if you don't expect it to fix everything quickly so I'm doing that again.

Hopefully that can help somebody.

Discussion and other suggestions welcome as long as that's done respectfully.

sometimes.sometimes

sometimes.sometimes

Student
Jun 4, 2023
Let's try to be somewhat useful here after a very long absence and post what I currently do to overcome the "trauma block" to life, love and freedom :

. I follow Mark Passio's podcast (I generally recommend it to everybody who doesn't already know what's going on in the world and what to do about it) :

. I see a therapist (he's not 100% conventional which is better for me) while still having mixed feelings (aka "eh, I don't know about that and that but that other thing makes sense I guess but does it help though ?") about him like for every therapist I've ever seen over the past 2 decades. I don't know how long I'll be doing it but so far I am.

. I'm attempting Joe Dispenza's transformative meditation (on YT, might read his book eventually, I have to note that his wording is not always on point so I bypass the dubious stuff and keep the good which is usually good practice) and EFT (tapping along Brad Yates on YT for now) yet again because Jay Parker (Satanic Ritual Abuse survivor) strongly advocated it for trauma recovery and I don't have anything better after billions of hours of research into everything I could find plus I guess I didn't try it for long enough, I think my understanding of things in general is better now and it looks like a generally positive thing if you don't expect it to fix everything quickly so I'm doing that again.

Hopefully that can help somebody.

Discussion and other suggestions welcome as long as that's done respectfully.

Thanks for making the post!!!! Recovery is slow and feels hopeless, but it does feel nice seeing this!

The meditation and podcasts are very helpful.

I remember hating meditation as a 14 year old, but I am not 14 years old anymore, so I am going to try again with that.

The podcasts I have never really had much of an interest in. The closest I had to listening to a podcast was watching The Midnight Gospel on Netflix, and when my mom would drive me around town with the radio on at 7:30 am as a kid, hoping she would stop by Dunkin Donuts to grab me a donut with pink frosting and sprinkles, hahaha!!!!! I will probably find something similar to a podcast. I used to get gaming magazines. Nothing similar to a podcast, but does contain extremely fun information about video games that is up to date.

Somethings you should try, if you don't, is writing. It can literally be anything. Just turn on some music (with lyrics or not) pick out a genre that fits with that music, and type away. It does help a ton. Wouldn't hurt to try that if you don't.

Another thing that helps me is eating properly. Having meals that contain proteins, dairy, grains, veggies, and fruit along with a lot of water makes me feel more energized. Whenever I am stressed, though, I do get a lot of nasuea and stomach aches, in which case I try to calm myself down so I can get some food. Doing that along with basic hygeine is amazing, and boosts confidence beautifully. If you don't do that either, give it a shot!

Not staying up late also helps. If it is one of those things where you are hanging out with a friend talking, it is okay, in my opinion. (take it with a grain of salt). On other days, I usually try to go to bed before 1:00 am unless I am hanging out with someone. Tonight is an exception to that, haha!!!! I then try to wake up before noon. If I need to take a nap, I set a timer for 20 minutes. Do I follow the 20 minute timer? No, but on days I do, it does feel good.

Thank you for this post, again. Good luck! Take care of yourself, and stay safe!!!! <3

Reactions: Marine
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I have just started trying body scan meditation. It seems to be quite good at relaxing me and calming my physical pain. Hope you find yourself better