• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
.... to your own values? Because you are a bit retarded when it comes to feelings?
I have strong believes but reality is mostly very different.

People keep telling me that I have too high expectations. What if that is the result of everyone else always having had (too) high expectations of you?

Does anyone know this?

Reactions: xinino
derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Misery Minimization Activist
Sep 19, 2023
It's tough when it's such a vague question. Maybe saying which value you are talking about will help.

But yeah, I'd say maybe you need to consider changing your goals. That doesn't necessarily just mean lowering them, it could be reframing them based on your situation.

Reactions: Meteora
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I have high expectations when it comes to interpersonal relations. I expect a lot from myself, thus a lot from others,I guess.

xinino

xinino

Anti humanist
Mar 31, 2024
I never had my personal values, I am living using other people values, my values lies beyond rationality, individualism is unreal thus it needs self destruction to rebuild itself.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
I have high expectations when it comes to interpersonal relations. I expect a lot from myself, thus a lot from others,I guess.
So, one suggestion would be to focus on finding one or two relations to make very strong, if you are focusing so much on quality and expecting a lot in return. If your expectations are above normal, you may simply have to give a little more than you take, knowing that it will help raise the other person's behavior up to where you want it to be.

Reactions: Meteora
M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
So, one suggestion would be to focus on finding one or two relations to make very strong, if you are focusing so much on quality and expecting a lot in return. If your expectations are above normal, you may simply have to give a little more than you take, knowing that it will help raise the other person's behavior up to where you want it to be.
Hm ok. I don t think I m taking more than I give, though.
Maybe the thread should be deleted. It makes not much sense. I just felt that strongly yesterday, some kind of anxiety. I think it maninly comes from my ex-boyfriend saying it.

• Hugs
Reactions: derpyderpins
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I wish I could just have strong enough beliefs on anything. I feel like I compromise too easily and my opinions can be twisted by contrarianism because I feel nothing for warring factions on most issues. I cannot even live up to my own values because I don't really have any values. I only act the way I do out of fear but fear is not a real value.

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Sep 19, 2023
Hm ok. I don t think I m taking more than I give, though.
Maybe the thread should be deleted. It makes not much sense. I just felt that strongly yesterday, some kind of anxiety. I think it maninly comes from my ex-boyfriend saying it.
I don't assume you are taking more than you give, I'm saying if your expectations are really high, you may not have the luxury of an equal give and take like everyone else does. Although if this is just something an ex told you . . . I'd focus on evaluating the validity before solving the problem. "You just expect to much" sounds like an excuse from someone who wasn't doing enough.

Don't worry about the thread being a little messy. That's why we ask for input - our brains are messy and it's sometimes hardest to interpret from the inside.