• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
as I've gotten closer and closer to my ctb date certain things have come up in my mind, this being one of them.

what if it's the same? I mean our physical surroundings will change most likely, but what about inside? (this is more so directed to the idea that we move on to some type of "afterworld" when we die, not including theories of nothing after death or being immediately reincarnated).
what if we still feel whatever depression, anxiety, ptsd, self-hate, etc etc.

part of me is a bit scared. I still want to ctb, because at the least, I won't be stuck in the physical world I'm stuck in now, but what's next?..
as the date looms closer I can't help but think of these things.

if there was an afterworld, what do you guys think it would be like?

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: SMmetalhead36, грустная сука, Talvikki and 6 others
certified_idiot

certified_idiot

No Longer Human
Dec 5, 2023
I really hope there is no afterlife. I just want to stop existing. Luckily there is no evidence for an afterlife, and it seems unlikely, but the thought makes me doubt myself anyway.

• Hugs
Reactions: SMmetalhead36, myusername890, these_days9 and 4 others
nozomu

nozomu

Global Mod // will i wiN my recovery arc
Nov 28, 2022
I also hope there's nothing there. I just want all this suffering to stop.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: SMmetalhead36, dggtscccvfd, myusername890 and 7 others
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
as I've gotten closer and closer to my ctb date certain things have come up in my mind, this being one of them.

what if it's the same? I mean our physical surroundings will change most likely, but what about inside? (this is more so directed to the idea that we move on to some type of "afterworld" when we die, not including theories of nothing after death or being immediately reincarnated).

part of me is a bit scared. I still want to ctb, because at the least, I won't be stuck in the physical world I'm stuck in now, but what's next?..

Why would the existence of an afterlife be the same as you are now? When you lose your body you become one with the source. The source is infinite love and peace. If god or a higher power exists, I doubt that he will allow there to be suffering in the abstinence of the physical body. However, you may go through cleansing or life review which can be chaotic but afterwards it's fine. That is if you believe in the afterlife. If there is no afterlife then there is really nothing to worry about as you will just seize to exist

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Hotsackage, Aim, rozeske and 2 others
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I guess it depends on whether you think your identity is separate from the genes you got, the upbringing you had and everything you experienced since. I'd say our sense of identity, our susceptibility to illness, everything we understand ourselves to be is linked to all that. We aren't fully developed beings when we are born. I'm not so sure a baby can be born depressed although, I guess it could have genes that make it susceptible to depression. So- for you to end up as you again- you would surely need the same genetics and same environment? The same parents, the same house and school, the same pet, the same time period.

Which I guess means a parallel universe set to the exact time for you to be born into the same life. But... we all die at different times- so- surely- that means astronomical numbers of planet earth in it's solar system and surroundings for each death and rebirth of every single human- maybe animal too that has ever lived here and ever will. That doesn't seem likely to me.

As to whether a trace of 'us' survives- who knows? But it probably won't be you inhabiting a body as it is now. Unless of course heaven and hell are real and- extremely spacious presumably. But- I don't think we can feel pain without a nervous system- so I imagine hell relies on us having a body to torture. So- who knows? Maybe we shed this body to be given another one. I don't know, it all just seems kind of pointless! What is it we're supposed to be working towards- if we're supposed to be learning something and being punished for not learning it? I think all these religions just try to make us feel guilty so that we'll be easier to control.

• Hugs
Reactions: PA𝖨𝑁, hi-okbye and Gonnerr
U

until death

maybe it's time to say goodbye
Dec 12, 2023
I hope I'll see my friends and my baby again after I die

• Hugs
Reactions: Hotsackage, hi-okbye and Gonnerr
CouldaHvBeenARock

CouldaHvBeenARock

Farewell, My Concubine
Nov 16, 2023
I will deal with whatever is next when I get there cause there's nothing here I want anymore

But I still hope what's next is better than this

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: AInilam, hi-okbye and Gonnerr
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Tortured by evil humans
Sep 24, 2020
I very strongly believe death to simply be non-existence, nothing more than an eternal and dreamless sleep free from all suffering where one is simply unaware. I don't believe in any other theories, the thought of ceasing to exist comforts me, I only fear existing in this hellish world.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hotsackage, hi-okbye, Talvikki and 1 other person
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Don't worry , your brain will die so as your pain.

Im pretty sure it will be exactly like before we were born. I hope.

Reactions: Neverfeltdeader, hi-okbye, Talvikki and 1 other person
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
Chances are however that you will be reborn again. If we were born once there is a chance we will be reborn again as someone new

Reactions: hi-okbye
H

hopeless08

Arcanist
Dec 8, 2023

I've often thought about that myself since someone told me that if you die a tragic death, in the afterlife you will be reliving the same emotions on a constant basis.
That would be the torture of all tortures. Can you imagine? Well I don't know but with my pain being so intense, so unbearable, I would risk it.
I know I say this all the time but if I had a foolproof plan , without pain then I would feel a bit better to know that I can go wherever I want. That I can end my pain Does that make sense?
I will deal with whatever is next when I get there cause there's nothing here I want anymore

Well I don't think it can be any worse

hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
I really hope there is no afterlife. I just want to stop existing. Luckily there is no evidence for an afterlife, and it seems unlikely, but the thought makes me doubt myself anyway.
I think I saw some scientific articles that proved something after death but I don't remember exactly.
I guess we'll find out someday.
Why would the existence of an afterlife be the same as you are now? When you lose your body you become one with the source. The source is infinite love and peace. If god or a higher power exists, I doubt that he will allow there to be suffering in the abstinence of the physical body. However, you may go through cleansing or life review which can be chaotic but afterwards it's fine. That is if you believe in the afterlife. If there is no afterlife then there is really nothing to worry about as you will just seize to exist
this is more so my view (more so hopes) on what happens after we die.
Just our soul being reconnected with its source, leaving pain and stuff behind. As well as the life review. I heard somewhere that there's no judgement during the life review and I really hope so because I would be judging so much I wouldn't even get to the topic at hand.
I guess it depends on whether you think your identity is separate from the genes you got, the upbringing you had and everything you experienced since. I'd say our sense of identity, our susceptibility to illness, everything we understand ourselves to be is linked to all that. We aren't fully developed beings when we are born. I'm not so sure a baby can be born depressed although, I guess it could have genes that make it susceptible to depression. So- for you to end up as you again- you would surely need the same genetics and same environment? The same parents, the same house and school, the same pet, the same time period.

Which I guess means a parallel universe set to the exact time for you to be born into the same life. But... we all die at different times- so- surely- that means astronomical numbers of planet earth in it's solar system and surroundings for each death and rebirth of every single human- maybe animal too that has ever lived here and ever will. That doesn't seem likely to me.

As to whether a trace of 'us' survives- who knows? But it probably won't be you inhabiting a body as it is now. Unless of course heaven and hell are real and- extremely spacious presumably. But- I don't think we can feel pain without a nervous system- so I imagine hell relies on us having a body to torture. So- who knows? Maybe we shed this body to be given another one. I don't know, it all just seems kind of pointless! What is it we're supposed to be working towards- if we're supposed to be learning something and being punished for not learning it? I think all these religions just try to make us feel guilty so that we'll be easier to control.
I really like this view, and I agree about the religion thing.
I hope I'll see my friends and my baby again after I die
I'm so sorry you lost these people. I'm on the same boat as you it's why I believe in something after we die. I just want to see my partner again.

I think it will be. At least our physical surroundings won't be there anymore and that has to mean something good.

• Hugs
Reactions: CouldaHvBeenARock, certified_idiot and Forever Sleep
A

alwayssad

I just wanna stop existing
Oct 27, 2023
if there is something in this world that im sure of its that there is no afterlife, death means the end of human, when something ends it simply just doesnt exist anymore. everything has time, you cant imagine something last forever. afterlife sound so wrong in every way i think.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and hi-okbye
cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
Billions of years passed before your were born.
Billions more will pass after you are gone.

We are not human creatures seeking a spiritual eternity. We are eternal spiritual creatures living a brief human experience.

Reactions: losing hope, Andrew10, alwayssearching202 and 2 others
whitefeather

whitefeather

Thank the gods for Death
Apr 23, 2020
A biological body is required to experience anything we can imagine . Being dead is not like anything humans
can experience or imagine !

Reactions: Talvikki and hi-okbye
G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Nobody really explain what the "déjà vu" feeling is , im very scared thats because we live the same life over and over. That would explain it. I might be typing this a million of times or more.

• Hugs
Reactions: hi-okbye and rozeske
nothingbutmybest

nothingbutmybest

Student
May 1, 2023
If there is one, I hope it's for me. An endless plain with one tree, morning skies with sparse clouds or a setting sun shining everywhere at once, all the time in the world and the power to change the afterlife. I can enjoy the moment, but I gotta have like a Rubik's guide and a guide opened if I'm staying there for infinity.

Honestly speaking, an afterlife does not exist. There is nothing. But... it's better to believe in one since it's better that way

• Love
cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Dec 23, 2023
Nobody really explain what the "déjà vu" feeling is , im very scared thats because we live the same life over and over. That would explain it. I might be typing this a million of times or more.
I don't believe in "death". There's a Netflix series called Surviving Death and they have an episode on children that remember previous lives. There's an institute that studies this phenomenon, https://med.virginia.edu/perceptual...ildren-who-report-memories-of-previous-lives/

• Informative
Reactions: losing hope, hi-okbye and Gonnerr
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
No worries. I can't off course prove you anything, but I highly do believe that you can in this case sit back and just relax about that 😅💚

Last edited:
Reactions: oddetoad and hi-okbye
Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
We are not human creatures seeking a spiritual eternity. We are eternal spiritual creatures living a brief human experience.
Since when? Since when are we eternal either? What does it even mean to be a spiritual creature, none of that makes any sense but each to their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: hi-okbye and pthnrdnojvsc
deathstruck

deathstruck

failure personified
Dec 16, 2023
Wow, I never thought of it that way...I do really hope there is nothing after death, I'm so tired I just want to stop existing.

• Hugs
Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
Wow, I never thought of it that way...I do really hope there is nothing after death, I'm so tired I just want to stop existing.
I really don't understand why should we exist again after death. I fail understand any of the reasons that have been explained such as we are more than just the meat suit we inhabit for 70 odd years.

Reactions: hi-okbye and pthnrdnojvsc
Fktw0rld

Fktw0rld

An end with suffering > Suffering without an end
Aug 29, 2022
Many lives / many masters was an interesting book. And I watched a special on discovery years ago about a 6 year old child who constantly spoke about his garden, lakeside tree swing and dying grandmother who needed carpet in her bedroom because she slipped getting out of bed and broke her hip. The family took him to a therapist and the therapist became so enthralled with his vivid memory that he decided to pursue it further. It led him to a home in Ireland (the boy and his family lived in Oregon). They decided to pay a visit, the mother and step father went as well. The inside and outside of the house matched the exact description the little boy spoke about. The entire home was hardwood flooring but the single bedroom at the end of the hallway had carpet. The garden was covered with hard scaping but the woman confirmed it was once a garden. And the tree was still by the lake with scarring to the single branch that once held a swing suspended by 2 long chains.

Tbh I really don't even care what happens after death. All I know is the life I'm living is way past it's expiration date. Whatever happens happens.

cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Dec 23, 2023
Since when? Since when are we eternal either? What does it even mean to be a spiritual creature, none of that makes any sense but each to their own.
The best explanation we have for the beginning of the universe (and time) is the big bang. Religion teaches that a divine entity kick-started it all. What religion doesn't teach, is how to recognize "God".

If you could transform a potato into a human in your hands, we would call you "The Creator". If you eat that potato, you build more of you. We all have the power of the "Creator" inside of us. As long as there are molecules in this universe, we are eternal.

There's a series on Netflix called Surviving Death. I highly recommend. There's an episode on children who recall details of past lives and there's an institute that studies the phenomenon.

I believe that the entire universe is just 1 collective soul. Every living organism is just a piece of the whole

Reactions: losing hope and hi-okbye
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
The best explanation we have for the beginning of the universe (and time) is the big bang. Religion teaches that a divine entity kick-started it all. What religion doesn't teach, is how to recognize "God".

If you could transform a potato into a human in your hands, we would call you "The Creator". If you eat that potato, you build more of you. We all have the power of the "Creator" inside of us. As long as there are molecules in this universe, we are eternal.

There's a series on Netflix called Surviving Death. I highly recommend. There's an episode on children who recall details of past lives and there's an institute that studies the phenomenon.

I believe that the entire universe is just 1 collective soul. Every living organism is just a piece of the whole
The Big Bang is one of the biggest lies we were ever told along with space and nasa and their fake cgi imsges

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019

I'll never believe in any soul spirit magic religion afterlife reincarnation god nothing ever.

Horrifically this consciousness developed in this brain only. the pain and suffering that is going on in this brain is known only to this brain = "me". No one else will understand what is going on in my brain or my life, nor care enough to do something to get me out of this trap. only these my hands and this brain in my skull have a chance to get me out of this trap

And for no reason did this horror develop other than a chemical reaction

I could pray to a god to help me but it won't because that doesn't exist.

I could ask people irl to help me with assisted suicide but they won't.

I could ask the medical or state for assisted suicide and for an answer they'll lock me up in a mental ward but no assisted suicide

I could post a message here explaining my problems and I might get some statements of sympathy. And that's nice but will that get me out of this trap?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Cakeisalie, Aim and hi-okbye
cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Dec 23, 2023
The Big Bang is one of the biggest lies we were ever told along with space and nasa and their fake cgi imsges
Well my post was focused more on how we are born from the materials of this universe.

Look at the periodic table of elements. Everything in the universe, including us, is made up of inorganic material. None of the individual particles, atoms, or molecules are "alive".
I'll never believe in any soul spirit magic religion afterlife reincarnation god nothing ever.

Horrifically This consciousness developed in this brain only. only the pain an suffering that is going on in this brain is known only to this brain. No one else will understand what is going on in my brain nor cares enough to do something to get me out of this trap only these hands and this brain wii
We're not all built the same, we operate with different chemistry, so we are going to experience life and death differently.

Something my guru taught me was to never trust anyone's experience for your own. People can preach whatever they want and you are free to believe, but you are placing your faith in them, not in the subject they were preaching.

It's one thing to be instructed "this is God", "this is how we pray to them", "this is what you need to do to be a good follower of God", and to experience God for yourself.

There is no such thing as God.
I am God.
You are God.
A traffic cone is God.
Every molecule in the universe is God.
If everything is God, then nothing is God.

Last edited:
mutt

mutt

Dec 21, 2023
I am God.
You are God.
A traffic cone is God.
Every molecule in the universe is God.
If everything is God, then nothing is God.
if you replace 'god' with 'the universe', then that final statement doesnt make sense. God at its most elementary definition is the personification of the universe.

im curious about your specific definition of God
Everything in the universe, including us, is made up of inorganic material. None of the individual particles, atoms, or molecules are "alive".

this clearly boils down to semantics. in chemistry, something being 'organic' means that it's matter that contains carbon atoms.

the big bang is not a fact. the theory takes the fact that the universe is expanding and deduces that the universe was once a singularity grew to be what it is today. the big bang recognizes that there is no way of knowing how or why this occurrence happened.

cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Dec 23, 2023
if you replace 'god' with 'the universe', then that final statement doesnt make sense. God at its most elementary definition is the personification of the universe.

im curious about your specific definition of God
Each of those statements are independent of the others.

The universe created everything in it. The stars fused heavy atoms to seed planets. The materials of this planet birthed every creature on it. Using this math, Earth = Mother, sol (the sun) = Father, Universe = God.
this clearly boils down to semantics. in chemistry, something being 'organic' means that it's matter that contains carbon atoms.
That wasn't the point. We're preaching the same language in different words. I'm just pointing out how we are the universe experiencing itself.
the big bang is not a fact. the theory takes the fact that the universe is expanding and deduces that the universe was once a singularity grew to be what it is today. the big bang recognizes that there is no way of knowing how or why this occurrence happened.
Scientific theory is much different than regular theories. As you suggest, there is evidence behind scientific theory the scientific community which tests these theories agree upon. We can perfectly calculate the motion of the planets and describe HOW gravity works, but science can't describe WHY.

• Love
Reactions: hi-okbye and mutt
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
I also hope there's nothing there. I just want all this suffering to stop.
You have to understand if there is an afterlife it's nothing like this existence here

Our existence here is ruled entirely by our limited human (monkey) brain and duality

Time is warped here as well. It might also be an entirely different concept outside of here.