• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
I believe that the entire universe is just 1 collective soul. Every living organism is just a piece of the whole
Really wonder why this isn't up for a Nobel peace prize if it's true. First of all, why would the universe be one collective soul, that absolutely makes no sense in terms of how the physical universe works. This is no different than suggesting that we are all one, part of one singular God mind that we return to after death if we so choose. Why hasn't there been a representation of how the universe works been presented according to how you've described it.

Last edited:
Reactions: hi-okbye
hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
Really wonder why this isn't up for a Nobel peace prize if it's true. First of all, why would the universe be one collective soul, that absolutely makes no sense in terms of how the physical universe works. This is no different than suggesting that we are all one, part of one singular God mind that we return to after death if we so choose.
I think that's what they're saying though.
Every tiny atom in our body isn't separate, they work together to create us. So that bring up the question of what if it's the same elsewhere. We are all individual humans, planets, object, just like we have individual atoms, parts, etc. but possibly, just like in our bodies, all together we connect to make one grand thing. the "soul" of the universe as the other person is saying, if you wish to call it that.
In our bodies, our atoms, cells, etc, they don't know they're in a body. they don't know that they function to keep up running, for them they just function to keep themselves alive, just how we do things to keep ourselves alive. So if they don't know that theyre (atoms, cells, etc) working towards a bigger whole (us), why should we?

Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
I think that's what they're saying though.
Every tiny atom in our body isn't separate, they work together to create us. So that bring up the question of what if it's the same elsewhere. We are all individual humans, planets, object, just like we have individual atoms, parts, etc. but possibly, just like in our bodies, all together we connect to make one grand thing. the "soul" of the universe as the other person is saying, if you wish to call it that.
In our bodies, our atoms, cells, etc, they don't know they're in a body. they don't know that they function to keep up running, for them they just function to keep themselves alive, just how we do things to keep ourselves alive. So if they don't know that theyre (atoms, cells, etc) working towards a bigger whole (us), why should we?
The soul? A literal soul or just a gathering of what the entirety of what this all is. I don't even see the universe as one thing as a whole when we don't know so much about it yet.

hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
The soul? A literal soul or just a gathering of what the entirety of what this all is. I don't even see the universe as one thing as a whole when we don't know so much about it yet.
the way I see a soul is a collection of energy with some form of consciousness running through it. at least that's my view. that's why I said you don't have to call it a soul, that word has different meanings for everyone.

there are many parts of the universe, they all make it up, planets, stars, grass, ants, us. while we don't know everything about it we know that it is made up of all these things. these things in turn are all made up of energy. one form of energy. that energy is used over and over again, and like I stated, I think that energy is the universes "soul".

I did say a soul needs some form of consciousness to be considered a soul. while we all have our own individual consciousness, we don't know if the universe itself has its own form of consciousness. I like to believe it does, you don't have to agree, I don't even have much to back it up but that's how I see it.
If we are just a tiny ball of energy and we have a large consciousness, then the universe in a whole, which has thousands of times more energy that we do, then why wouldn't it have its own consciousness. presumably much greater than ours.

I think this is where the idea of "god" comes in. I'm not religious and I don't believe in god, but this might be the theory where it comes from. Just how they say god is everything, in everything, in every one of us, but also something as a whole. It's the same how everything is energy, we are energy, inside of every single one of us, inside of everything, but also as a whole.
So in the religious world, basically God = Energy (+consciousness?)

I wanted to add too that this is why I believe there something after death. If our energy makes up our consciousness, and energy can't be destroyed, then we don't technically ever "die" just get our energy reused by the world. If we are aware when this happens, I don't know. so our consciousness can end, but not us.

Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
I wanted to add too that this is why I believe there something after death. If our energy makes up our consciousness, and energy can't be destroyed, then we don't technically ever "die" just get our energy reused by the world.
That doesn't mean that energy is you, you are gone and whatever else is left of you is just reused back into the world, that doesn't mean you as you are including your memories, thoughts and personality lives on somewhere else or to be someone else.

hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
That doesn't mean that energy is you, you are gone and whatever else is left of you is just reused back into the world, that doesn't mean you as you are including your memories, thoughts and personality lives on somewhere else or to be someone else.
as I see it, these tiny things are stored in the energy that runs through you. Imagine it like a tree, how when people cut them down and look at their rings, it tells a story o how that tree lived. I see energy as the same, it holds these parts of you, collecting them as it runs through your brain, body, etc.

just a theory so don't attack me on it, but like genes possibly. the energy that makes up the chromosomes holds the part of the parent. when they come together to create an offspring, these parts held in the dna (also made up of energy, so held in energy), get passed down to the offspring.

It could be why there are hundreds of reports of kids remembering "past lives". The old energy, holding these tiny fragments of memories and things gets reused, coincidentally ending up in these kids. Running through their brain sparking the memory. why it doesn't happen when we're older? Maybe because as we become older, we don't gain any new energy. kids constantly grow, even their brains grow physically, forcing more energy to be added. this energy holds the past memories and if it hits the right spot, triggers these past memories.

could explain Deja Vu, tiny particles of energy, while not able to remember things from other lives, recognizes the pattern of seeing something again. It's easier to recognize patterns than to think of something new.

Just some theories, I'm not saying they're correct, but just something to wonder about.

bleeding_heart_show

bleeding_heart_show

Dec 23, 2023
We have no way of truly knowing anything about death beyond the observable physiological process. If your brain is destroyed or shuts down you can't perceive anything, so there's no need to worry.

O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
We have no way of truly knowing anything about death beyond the observable physiological process. If your brain is destroyed or shuts down you can't perceive anything, so there's no need to worry.
Have you seen this
I'm just saying we have no idea
Sadly

H

Hotsackage

Elementalist
Mar 11, 2019
There are two possibilities of spirituality, Enlightenment, or we evolve through countless lifetimes and reform with Creation(universal consciousness). Idk what else it would be.

bleeding_heart_show

bleeding_heart_show

Dec 23, 2023
Have you seen this
I'm just saying we have no idea
Sadly

I agree that we have no idea, but I find that to be a reason not to worry. Whatever will be will be, and it's entirely unavoidable.

Reactions: hi-okbye and oddetoad
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
I agree that we have no idea, but I find that to be a reason not to worry. Whatever will be will be, and it's entirely unavoidable.
True you're right. I just hate that these experiences in coma phases exist on youtube

Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
What is the purpose of our presence here? We will continue to die by yet another horrendous means if we don't choose our own method!

Would you ctb if you knew there was no afterlife?

Or, have a carefree life, relish each moment, and not give a damn when you pass away naturally?

cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
Really wonder why this isn't up for a Nobel peace prize if it's true. First of all, why would the universe be one collective soul, that absolutely makes no sense in terms of how the physical universe works. This is no different than suggesting that we are all one, part of one singular God mind that we return to after death if we so choose. Why hasn't there been a representation of how the universe works been presented according to how you've described it.
I can't tell if you're agreeing with me, or arguing against the idea.

If you're asking, I believe that when this body can no longer sustain this life, it'll go on to something else. Whatever it is, it's incomprehensible to human thought. Buddhists call this "bardo". Then 49 days later it's replanted into something else.

Everything in the universe is made out of the materials on the periodic table of elements. If you want to break it down further we can go to 5 basic elements, earth, air, water, fire, and space. Your skin is mostly made of Carbon, Nitrogen, Hydrogen, and Oxygen. 3 parts air, 1 part earth.

In addition, everything on this planet evolved from about 4% of the remaining life from the last extinction event. We share about 44% of our DNA with pine trees. We are all one, at least on this planet, it's not that much more of stretch to include the entire universe. I think it would be narrow minded if I believed only planet Earth had a "soul".

• Love
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
as I've gotten closer and closer to my ctb date certain things have come up in my mind, this being one of them.

what if it's the same? I mean our physical surroundings will change most likely, but what about inside? (this is more so directed to the idea that we move on to some type of "afterworld" when we die, not including theories of nothing after death or being immediately reincarnated).
what if we still feel whatever depression, anxiety, ptsd, self-hate, etc etc.

part of me is a bit scared. I still want to ctb, because at the least, I won't be stuck in the physical world I'm stuck in now, but what's next?..
as the date looms closer I can't help but think of these things.

if there was an afterworld, what do you guys think it would be like?
I really don't get this whole idea of a soul which is what's insinuated. The you ten years ago was such a fundamentally different person. Where did the rest of "you" go in that time? Where did the new parts of "you" come from?

Sure one could argue there is a fundamental centrality to the self; consciousness dressed up in the clothing of personality, but then why does consciousness awareness itself appear to literally split in two when the corpus callosum is severed (the connecting region between the brain's two hemispheres). Are there now 2 souls?

What about traumatic brain injury? Consciousness altering drugs, or deep general anesthesia which essentially wipes the record of "you" for a short period of time?

The only two disciplines that explain this fact of self-impermanence are psychological materialism (science) and Buddhism.

How we wish to reconcile with the two is up to you. I'd recommend spending your last days trying to bring about less suffering regardless

Edit: I suppose the unconscious could be regarded as the soul, but then it's a symbolic mess that I don't think "we" really identify with given its invisibility to our perception. Can "we" really continue on after death through something that we can't identify with in the first place as we don't even see/feel it?

If this unconscious quality were what continues, the Jungian psychologists and the Buddhists' would probably agree that it is the collective unconscious that continues. Not really "us" per say. And we are forced to identify with all the beings in process.

Afterall, they are just the universe experiencing itself. And if we become the void when we die and the void is also all those experiences then we are evidently all of them too.

That doesn't mean we directly experience them from this vantage point necessarily; dying will bring "you" peace. But then as "you" dies, it is all left to continue experiencing. And when we realized the impermanence of self AKA no-self, we realize it is all being experienced by the universe all the same.

It's a bit of a mindfuck really.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: hi-okbye and Goku Black
Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
I really don't get this whole idea of a soul which is what's insinuated. The you ten years ago was such a fundamentally different person. Where did the rest of "you" go in that time? Where did the new parts of "you" come from?

Sure one could argue there is a fundamental centrality to the self; consciousness dressed up in the clothing of personality, but then why does consciousness awareness itself appear to literally split in two when the corpus callosum is severed (the connecting region between the brain's two hemispheres). Are there now 2 souls?

What about traumatic brain injury? Consciousness altering drugs, or deep general anesthesia which essentially wipes the record of "you" for a short period of time?

The only two disciplines that explain this fact of self-impermanence are psychological materialism (science) and Buddhism.

How we wish to reconcile with the two is up to you. I'd recommend spending your last days trying to bring about less suffering regardless

Edit: I suppose the unconscious could be regarded as the soul, but then it's a symbolic mess that I don't think "we" really identify with given its invisibility to our perception. Can "we" really continue on after death through something that we can't identify with in the first place as we don't even see/feel it?

If this unconscious quality were what continues, the Jungian psychologists and the Buddhists' would probably agree that it is the collective unconscious that continues. Not really "us" per say. And we are forced to identify with all the beings in process.

Afterall, they are just the universe experiencing itself. And if we become the void when we die and the void is also all those experiences then we are evidently all of them too.

That doesn't mean we directly experience them from this vantage point necessarily. But that we are them as we are all of it.

Good points all around.

• Love
Reactions: hi-okbye and Rhizomorph1
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
I had that conversation with myself and i looked it up (i'm no means a scholar of the afterlife at this point). I read just enough to get the gist and strangely enough, different belief systems have a different say on the matter. Some say it's okay, but being in a predominantly Christian/Catholic country basically means I've been indoctrinated with the idea at a young age that it's generally bad and i'd rot in hell in the afterlife. What worked for me was getting into that mind set that "ok, well, imma suffer after but this was my choice so i'll take responsibility".

cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023

That doesn't mean we directly experience them from this vantage point necessarily; dying will bring "you" peace. But then as "you" dies, it is all left to continue experiencing. And when we realized the impermanence of self AKA no-self, we realize it is all being experienced by the universe all the same.

You make a bunch of good points. I was excited someone else here was familiar with callosum syndrome.

However, I believe, I am not this body, I am not even this mind.

This body is just a collection of the food I've eaten throughout my life. This mind is just a switchboard operator constantly trying to predict the future based on the events of my past. Me, I, the life in us, the one typing this message, is just some ethereal force trapped inside a human experience.

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
You make a bunch of good points. I was excited someone else here was familiar with callosum syndrome.

However, I believe, I am not this body, I am not even this mind.

This body is just a collection of the food I've eaten throughout my life. This mind is just a switchboard operator constantly trying to predict the future based on the events of my past. Me, I, the life in us, the one typing this message, is just some ethereal force trapped inside a human experience.
I lean towards phenomenal materialism as well.

About 20% of me thinks rebirth is a possibility. More in the sense that if there is no true "self" then every experience is the universe itself and I am just a piece of the universe; all I can identify with is the universe and thus others' suffering and pleasures.

I kinda just hope we all die though.

Goku Black

Goku Black

Global Mod
Jun 5, 2023
I lean towards phenomenal materialism as well.

About 20% of me thinks rebirth is a possibility. More in the sense that if there is no true "self" then every experience is the universe itself and I am just a piece of the universe; all I can identify with is the universe and thus others' suffering and pleasures.

I kinda just hope we all die though.
I wish we got to explore the universe after we died, just to see all those planets, stars, galaxies in its entirety would've been a sight to see.

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
I wish we got to explore the universe after we died, just to see all those planets, stars, galaxies in its entirety would've been a sight to see.
I feel like most of them would be pretty similar. There's probably very small proportion <0.01% if I had to guess that are actually substantially variant/interesting

That's just my guess though, I'm no cosmologist or astrophysicist. Even 0.01% is a fuck ton of different things relative to how many things there are.