• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

WeDontKnowTheFuture

WeDontKnowTheFuture

Student
Feb 3, 2023
Despite the fact that i'm now extremely suicidal cause of a lot of factor in plays and on wich i do not have much control, Things helped me in the past with for example anxiety or moods, others just make things worse. I will describe them in this post and explain for each thing how it was and how it helped me or not.

-Psychoanalysis : I did it for 5 years, started as a young teenager. What helped me is the fact that i could speak to someone external of my life without any judgment and in total benevolence. Talking to her allow me to empty myself of a lot of things and it made me feel like I was talking to a mirror of myself. She was not talking too much but at this time she made me realize a lot of things that i was not aware of, for example things that i was avoiding and was not conscious of like supressed emotion or difficulty to listen to my needs. It was helpful in that sense but in my opinion, too passive. Except talking nothing was put in place, wich is the principle of psychoanalysis.

-Psychiatry : I do not recommend it, psychiatry put differents people with various behaviour in the same cases, then medicate without trying to resolve the root of the issues.
On top of that, drugs they administrate can worsened things and let disabling side effect, even after quitting the medication. I do not know about antipsychotic,etc
only about SSRI or antidepressants. In my case, the "treatment" caused me to feel an abnormal joy during the 3 first month, it was very unatural, i wasn't really happy just feeling a weird joy while the muscles of my smile stood up on their own, i was even laughing for nothing. It only last 3 month after the drug caused me emotional numbness, sexual dysfunction and lower sensitivity. When i stopped them after 4 years, i've rediscovered my sensitivity but i had brain and body zap trough each day during one year.
It was awful and prevent me to keep up my study. It was like receiving electric charge in the head and the body constantly.

- cognitive-behavioural therapy: This one helped me a lot with my anxiety as well as completely stopping to see things as black or white.
When i was making a generalization of something, my therapist corrected me directly and encouraged me to describe things in a more subtle and realistic way.
In changing the way you think about yourself or your life, you can change the way you see things for the better, for example by removing limiting beliefs about yourself.
It also change the reaction that you will have to certain circumstances in order to get more favorable circumstance. It can lead to stop procrastinating or avoiding decision that create vicious circle. I definitely recommend it.

- Ayahuasca : this one helped me to discover the root of my feeling of insecurity wich helped me afterwards. However, you have to find a trusted and competent shaman to do it and it can be a very scary experience. I knew someone who had tried everything to heal his depression and was planning to suicide himself, he decided to try ayahuasca as a last resort and he changed his mind after the experience. It is know to be effective to improve a depressive state. I also knew an other girl who get out of depression because of it.

- Meditation and yoga : Yoga has sometime make me feel relaxed and good in my body but never more ^^i do not think it a divine healing method, just a way to relax, be more stretchy and and release endorphins. For me meditation has been mostly a cognitive densifier but sometime, it has helped me to disconnect of tormented thoughts by observing them without identifying me to.

- micro-dosing psylocibin : It was a lot more effective than antidepressant, It has improved my mood and my libido a lot, my interest, and was more creative. However, you need a good context to do it, if your circumstance are really bad, it risk to not be effective at all. It is also possible to experience some nausea doing it. I definitely recommend to try it.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Oh wow thank you for this list. It's extremely informative and a lot of it sounds useful too. Thank you for sharing what helped you in the past. Though, just a question. How exactly do you get access to ayahuasca and psylocibin? The issue with me is that my movement is restricted due to parents being strict so I can't leave this house without a good reason

Edit: for context, I'm in the UK

WeDontKnowTheFuture

WeDontKnowTheFuture

Student
Feb 3, 2023
Oh wow thank you for this list. It's extremely informative and a lot of it sounds useful too. Thank you for sharing what helped you in the past. Though, just a question. How exactly do you get access to ayahuasca and psylocibin? The issue with me is that my movement is restricted due to parents being strict so I can't leave this house without a good reason

Edit: for context, I'm in the UK
You can order psylocibin online, for example on zamnesia. You can also travel to germany with boat and train i guess.
For ayahuasca, except if you travel to south america, it will be difficult to get some unless you know someone who know someone who organize ayahuasca ceremony in the UK, only word of mouth. From the website review my retreat" The use of ayahuasca in a ceremonial context is not explicitly illegal in the UK. Still, there have been cases of law enforcement cracking down on ayahuasca ceremonies in the country. This is because the use of ayahuasca can violate UK drug laws, and individuals involved in producing or supplying ayahuasca can face criminal charges."
There are probably people doing it in the UK. If you find a way to do it, you will learn more about yourself that you never do in all your life.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
You can order psylocibin online, for example on zamnesia. You can also travel to germany with boat and train i guess.
For ayahuasca, except if you travel to south america, it will be difficult to get some unless you know someone who know someone who organize ayahuasca ceremony in the UK, only word of mouth. From the website review my retreat" The use of ayahuasca in a ceremonial context is not explicitly illegal in the UK. Still, there have been cases of law enforcement cracking down on ayahuasca ceremonies in the country. This is because the use of ayahuasca can violate UK drug laws, and individuals involved in producing or supplying ayahuasca can face criminal charges."
There are probably people doing it in the UK. If you find a way to do it, you will learn more about yourself that you never do in all your life.
I see, thank you for this information. For me, the biggest barrier of getting these things is that I got like no independence at all. I'm living with family and I don't think I'll ever move out and they'll never approve of me taking psychedelics. However I hope I can overcome this or alternatively find other ways in which I can be helped. Though another big issue for me is the lack of energy to do stuff to begin with