Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
I think phones these days encrypt data
@Kasumi But if I connect my phone to my computer using a USB cable I can read it's contents, partially, fully if the phone is rooted. That's the only thing you might not have gotten right. Otherwise spot on! Many thanks for the information!

Btw maybe this could be used to hide certain data: Safe Space

Tbh, I actually hope they'll do that.
@FailerQt. Why?

of course is also a good opportunity to leave a final message or to point the finger at people who drove you to a certain action
@ae300 Revenge is best served cold eh? : )

Bloody hell though!! This thread is full to the brim with usefull information. You guys and girls are sick smart!

It shows what an idiot I was, how many things I forgot about.

Reactions: DeadHead
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
Yes but thet can re-download and get everything back best way is to hide it someplace you never go to like a small shop or something just say you need to keep it for someone
@iamsofkntired Can they redownload if they don't know where I stored everything? : )

Mäximum

Mäximum

All the effort for nothing...
Apr 5, 2023
In terms of recovery of data: There are recovery tools for every device (SSD, HDD, Micro-SD, SD) so just formatting probably isn't enough. The best thing is to just destroy them. Hit them with a hammer, drill holes in them. Put them in a blender or something, I don't know. Just make the pieces as small as possible and throw them in a public trash can.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeadHead and Blue Elephant
Kasumi

Kasumi

tired
Mar 3, 2023
@Kasumi But if I connect my phone to my computer using a USB cable I can read it's contents, partially, fully if the phone is rooted.
That is cause it gets decrypted when you unlock your phone, thats why I said turn it off, cause then even if someone else gets their hands on it data is encrypted.

Reactions: Blue Elephant
IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
I plan on using the train method. I've been getting straight all of the information I need but this thought still bothers me. What are they gonna do with my device? I read that it's possible for the cops to snoop through apps to check if there were any signs and the death was self-intended, but I think of logging out of every app and just going for it. Whatever, I'm not certain that's how it really works. What I don't plan on touching is my camera roll, because I have a lot of important information saved on there, and just in case I fail, even if the chances are incredibly low, I don't want all of my pictures and memories to be erased. I know it won't matter if I'm dead, but I could say a part of my phone has sentimental value. Would there be any way I can lock certain apps?
For a side notice my phone is locked with a pin code and fingerprint recognition, which I don't plan on changing besides removing the fingerprint part, but even so, I doubt cops wouldn't be able to get in. I have a pretty advanced Samsung, so if any features might help with what I mentioned please let me know.
Android phones can be encrypted. If nobody has the code, nobody is plugging the phone into a PC and hacking their way in.

D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
I planned to hide my primary phone (switched off with sim out, ) and leave a dummy phone out.

Reactions: Blue Elephant