• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

R

Raichu

An old head on young shoulders
Jan 11, 2024
Just a curiosity, and please reach out to someone trusted or a professional before taking any drastic steps. Help is there.

Reactions: sserafim
SilverTiger

SilverTiger

Life is the night, I seek the warmth of the sun.
Apr 18, 2024
I have been interested in Buddhism and Tibetan Buddhism since I was 19.
Within Buddhism, you accrue positive karma or negative karma within your actions in life, for example helping someone would gain you positive karma, and hurting someone; negative.
Your soul has six possible things it can be birthed as, two are happy births; '
Deva [God of Bliss] & Asura [God of Wrath] one is neutral Human and three are unhappy (Animal [Tigers, Lions et cetera], Preta [Google Gaki], Naranka [Absolute Hell, AVOID!] It is essentially a list from top to Bottom.
There is more to it then this, but this is a general overview, you will keep being reborn over and over and over, until you reach enlightenment and blow out your soul, or as others put it, you reach Nirvana. The state of not being, essentially eternal oblivion.

• Deva
  • Asura
  • Human < You are here [blank space] Nirvana < Out of this cycle, ggwp
  • Animal
  • Preta
  • Naranka

Most schools of Buddhism think that suicide is not a sin, (Thai Buddhism thinks it is a sin and you will get a worse rebirth), you will just be reborn at your current karmic level. So if you lived an average life, you will just be reborn again and suffer again.

Suicide, will lead you to be reborn, where you may suffer less and less, this is my intpretation, I will not be reborn as a Deva or Asura, but as a Human, I think I will go through this again, suffer... again, but it will be less and I am willing to take that chance.

If life is a game of cards, imagine you could slightly change your starting hand, put an ace or two int here?

This is why I also fully support people who want to CTB, and hope they support me too. We all want to change our cards.

tomthemouse1

tomthemouse1

Hello! How are you?
Mar 16, 2024
In my religion killing someone is the 2nd most vile thing you can do, but there is a chance to be forgiven if you repented, the question is how you gonna repent if you killed yourself? So I don't know really, I would rank it Top 2+ honestly.

Cheers,
Joe

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I don't believe in anything specific, so my religion says: "do whatever you want."
Half joking, half serious.

I come from a Catholic country, so suicide is considered unnatural.
However, it is a bit complicated.
The church system usually criticizes suicide and treats it as an act of cowardice and immorality.
But Christianity, or simply Catholicism, is not just a church.
Some things can be interpreted in different ways.
People who commit suicide do not necessarily go to hell.
It all depends on the circumstances.

In the past, people who committed suicide were not buried in Holy Land after death in a normal cemetery.
This has changed.
The rhetoric of religion is changing.
It is less restrictive in some respects.

Different commandments/words/parables/etc can be interpreted in different ways.
If someone is a Christian/Catholic, I believe that they should not trust the church system completely.

Of course, I'm not a believer, so I don't care.

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
CTB = ethernal damnation. or so they claim...

T

thenamingofcats

annihilation anxiety
Apr 19, 2024
I grew up Quaker. There's no stance on suicide that I'm aware of.