chocosyrup

chocosyrup

disillusioned
Nov 3, 2023
What does it mean to you? What do you think happens after death?

Reactions: sserafim
Timelapse

Timelapse

Well, time can heal, but this won't.
Nov 3, 2023
Eternal peace.
Things go back the way they used to be before you were born.

Reactions: paroxysm, Fall_Apart and sserafim
ohyouknow

ohyouknow

Jun 11, 2022
I don't think anything happens after death (other than the world keeps on going without you). Death means I cease to exist; that's it. I do not believe that my thoughts and/or feelings or any other kind of "essence" will continue without a body. If I thought that would happen, what would be the point of suicide?

(I understand that some people have painful physical conditions that they may escape through death, and I can see the benefit, to them, of continuing to exist in some other form.)

Reactions: sserafim and Moniker
mertvets

mertvets

if only
Nov 6, 2023
if you really stretch it, i was dead until the moment i was born. no consciousness, nothing, just the void. i believe how i felt before i was born is the same feeling as after i die.

but of course, no one knows for sure... we'll find out eventually.

Reactions: Fall_Apart, sserafim and Moniker
Nlis2244

Nlis2244

Alone
May 13, 2022
The matter and energy that is "us" stops interacting in such a way to be considered "life", and it gets scattered in various ways in the universe.

Reactions: doormat25, sserafim and mertvets
S

SMmetalhead36

Ready to have my forever date with suicide
Oct 6, 2023
For me, death means a peace that I don't have here on earth. I'm not sure what happens after death, a lot of people believe something lives on after you die, but I hope nothing of me lives on.

isthisit?

isthisit?

The name's Cedrik
Jun 23, 2023
Death means leaving this world behind. There is a chance there is something on the other side but I'll figure it out

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
What does it mean to you? What do you think happens after death?
The end of this absurd game called life, the end of pain and suffering. An eternal sleep where I can rest forever. Eternal peace

Reactions: SMmetalhead36
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I very strongly believe we just cease existing, for me death means peace, it's the absence of everything, it's an eternal dreamless sleep permanently free from all suffering. Death is a relief as then I won't be burdened with this existence anymore and all will be eternally forgotten about.

Qua

Qua

there's no turning back now
Apr 30, 2023
I kinda believe that our soul might wander to another body and we basically go again from the start. However just being able to end this current life and get rid of the pain is somewhat comforting. I think it would be better though if it was just nothing after death, nothing but eternal peace

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
You know, I wanted to say something nice about it but having to die is kinda similar to having to live.

Reason being, I am forced to go through both. I didn't want any of this crap.

Reactions: UnwillingSavior, ohyouknow and sserafim
jellie

jellie

May 9, 2023
I don't know. I imagine and hope it will go back to being what it was like before birth, complete nothingness.

I hope that if there is an afterlife, whatever rules it will be forgiving that I was not a believer in life and allow me to have a peaceful afterlife.

SchrodingersCat

SchrodingersCat

I hope you find peace
Oct 23, 2023
To me death doesnt mean anything other than the fact that its the natural end of life. It will happen to everyone no matter age, health, or social status so the only thing we can hope for is to have a pleasant and peaceful death. Personally I like the idea of reincarnation because the idea of starting a completely new life with no recollection of your previous life is interesting to me. More realistically, nothing happens when we die but I prefer to believe in reincarnation.

Reactions: ohyouknow and sserafim
UnwillingSavior

UnwillingSavior

Mr. Self Destruct
Nov 2, 2023
I believe the same as most people here; it is simply just closing your eyes and never waking up. I comfort myself by thinking of falling asleep: you can never pinpoint exactly when the moment of falling asleep occurs. One second, you are there and conscious, the next second, you have no idea you are unconscious. An eternal sleep, with no fear of waking up.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm hoping it's just rest, peace. Going to sleep and not waking again. My own death has long felt like an old friend I'm longing to meet. Other people's deaths though- they have hurt. I'm dreading having to mourn more people in the future. But yeah- I hope there's nothing after this but, who knows?