fuyu

fuyu

Oct 30, 2023
I think there's nothing. You just lose your consciousness. Not even black, just plain nothing

• Hugs
Reactions: simplymiserable, hungariancorpse, sserafim and 1 other person
kilowatt

kilowatt

Guns don't kill people I kill people
Sep 9, 2023
I personally doubt the existence of ''the other side'' or ''reincarnation'' or ''heaven and hell''. I like to believe there's, quite literally, nothing. A peaceful nothingness you can never escape, nor wish to do so.

Reactions: sserafim and pthnrdnojvsc
razorblade

razorblade

Aug 21, 2023
deep down Ik it's probably nothing but I like to believe that there is a heaven where I can forget about my life be and just be happy

Reactions: sserafim
Oathkeeper

Oathkeeper

Nov 1, 2023
In an ideal reality, everybody would get their own personal slice of heaven. Whatever their heart and mind desired.

But it's probably nothing, which is the next best thing.

j3n4829

j3n4829

hell girl
Nov 4, 2023
i have always imagined "the other side" being nothing, just darkness and when you die you just disappear, nothing else

• Hugs
Reactions: fuyu, sserafim and hungariancorpse
Vorty30

Vorty30

Oct 10, 2023
Where are you from ?
Eastern Europe, not that far from you... But my actual hellhole country, I will most likely have to mention to you via DM's when they become available for you and me. :)

• Hugs
Reactions: hungariancorpse
hungariancorpse

hungariancorpse

Oct 11, 2023
Eastern Europe, not that far from you... But my actual hellhole country, I will most likely have to mention to you via DM's when they become available for you and me. :)
everything has its time and it will come.

• Love
Reactions: Vorty30
sensenmann

sensenmann

this will be the end of me
Jun 14, 2023
Eternal Void.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim and hungariancorpse
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
As a Buddhist, and someone with memories from a previous life, which have been verified, in my case, sleep for a while and wake up being born again to new parents, much to my confusion and dismay. Your results may vary.

I just hope next lifetime will be in a country such as Belgium where I can peacefully die by euthanasia.

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
As a Buddhist, and someone with memories from a previous life, which have been verified, in my case, sleep for a while and wake up being born again to new parents, much to my confusion and dismay. Your results may vary.

I just hope next lifetime will be in a country such as Belgium where I can peacefully die by euthanasia.
What's the reason for this never-ending cycle though? Why must we die just to be born again? Is there any way to break out of the cycle?

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
What's the reason for this never-ending cycle though? Why must we die just to be born again? Is there any way to break out of the cycle?
According to Buddhist belief the way to break the cycle of rebirth is to renounce literally everything in this life, family, friends, pets, attachments of all kinds, give it all up, all the trauma, all the longings, basically become a Buddhist monk who owns nothing but two robes and lives in a hut, maybe allow yourself just a fan for if it gets hot.

In my case I have been attached to my country, America, through many lifetimes and the time I remembered was the Civil War around 1865 when I was a plantation owner with slaves, and was traumatized when the war ended slavery and my life as I always had lived it. This life is to come to terms with that, as a young small child I was always very confused asking myself where are the slaves, even before I knew what slaves were. It's not that I wanted slaves as a child just that it was totally confusing not to have any. I remembered the name of the plantation, and my previous first name. Now in this life again I'm being traumatized by the political scene going on. sigh...
I should have stayed on that little island I tried living on, cut off from the world.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
According to Buddhist belief the way to break the cycle of rebirth is to renounce literally everything in this life, family, friends, pets, attachments of all kinds, give it all up, all the trauma, all the longings, basically become a Buddhist monk who owns nothing but two robes and lives in a hut, maybe allow yourself just a fan for if it gets hot.

In my case I have been attached to my country, America, through many lifetimes and the time I remembered was the Civil War around 1865 when I was a plantation owner with slaves, and was traumatized when the war ended slavery and my life as I always had lived it. This life is to come to terms with that, as a young small child I was always very confused asking myself where are the slaves, even before I knew what slaves were. It's not that I wanted slaves as a child just that it was totally confusing not to have any. I remembered the name of the plantation, and my previous first name. Now in this life again I'm being traumatized by the political scene going on. sigh...
I should have stayed on that little island I tried living on, cut off from the world.
Interesting story. It's cool that you still remember that. Btw, I forgot to ask, did you get to choose your parents and current life?

Reactions: Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
Interesting story. It's cool that you still remember that. Btw, I forgot to ask, did you get to choose your parents and current life?
Not that I know of and I've wondered about that, but as a small child I was soooo confused about how I got here, why with these parents in this house, how did this happen, it haunted me, I still wonder about it a lot, why them, why that location, who chose them. I wish I knew the answer. It was just like falling asleep in the other place, then waking up in the new one.
My guess is that I had some attachment to my parents in the old life, when they were other people too.

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
I needed a place to write out what I just thought of in this regard. I kept wondering why I was always dreaming of boyfriends and people in the past, many years in the past... There is still some sort of mental attachments I'm not aware of that I haven't let go of. So I keep dreaming about them. And unfortunately, that's how this life is, attachments I haven't let go of from past lives. In a sense this life is a dream. The people in it are from the past, just in newer forms.

Reactions: Darkover and sserafim
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Something better than this.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: mekurin, WAITING TO DIE, Darkover and 2 others
justcallmeJ

justcallmeJ

<3
Nov 9, 2023
Just pure black and emptiness.
Your life just ends.

Reactions: Darkover and sserafim
mekurin

mekurin

Heading for something better than this
Jul 9, 2023
I do a lot of biology. I know that consciousness is just a product of various chemical pathways and nerves firing. Death is announced really when the brain dies. If the brain is dead, there are no more electrical signals and so consiousness. Basically after death is non existance. You will never be happy or sad, you will never think, you will not love or suffer. You cease to exist.

Mäximum

Mäximum

All the effort for nothing...
Apr 5, 2023
Nothing, hopefully. I always imagine the other side like the time between when you go to sleep and wake up again. You don't feel anything or don't remember anything. It's just a lot of nothing.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I do a lot of biology. I know that consciousness is just a product of various chemical pathways and nerves firing. Death is announced really when the brain dies. If the brain is dead, there are no more electrical signals and so consiousness. Basically after death is non existance. You will never be happy or sad, you will never think, you will not love or suffer. You cease to exist.
What if you get reincarnated and your consciousness comes back in another form though?

Reactions: mekurin
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
Hopefully nothing whatsoever. I want to be free of it all. No reincarnation, heaven, hell. Just a bloody good rest and for my decomposition to help make something better.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, hungariancorpse and sserafim
emptymiku

emptymiku

bokura wa inochi ni kirawarete iru
Mar 27, 2023
nothing. and in a way, that's a good thing. it means no more suffering

• Hugs
mekurin

mekurin

Heading for something better than this
Jul 9, 2023
What if you get reincarnated and your consciousness comes back in another form though?
Our memories wouldn't be passed on, so in a sense we still cease to exist.

• Hugs
T

TiredOfFailure

Oct 31, 2023
Hopefully nothing, I don't like it here. I doubt I'd at minimum, tolerate it "beyond".

• Hugs
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Nothing. Literally nothing

• Hugs
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Probably nothing we can consciously comprehend- if consciousness dies when we do. The same as before we were born- if there was something, the majority of us don't remember it- so we clearly weren't conscious in the way we understand it. So- basically and hopefully- nothing.

• Hugs