hungariancorpse

hungariancorpse

Oct 11, 2023
what do you think is on the other side ?

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Csmith8827, voyager, sserafim and 3 others
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I'm hoping there isn't another side.
Complete non - existence will suit me just fine.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: myusername890, darkenmydoorstep, Orbitc and 21 others
D

Deleted member 65988

Don't see any good reason to consider there is another side to go to. I think what awaits us is what awaits any other animal that once walked, lived and died on this planet, general decay of our body and then general decay of our memory. Like @Nembutal dreams , complete non-existence is all I'd like.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: myusername890, Orbitc, fkyou and 5 others
DT2007

DT2007

reincarnation
Oct 9, 2023
I believe in reincarnation. A complete restart into a new life. Our old existence perishes and we are reborn into a different set of circumstances.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, NocturnILL, Vorty30 and 1 other person
Vorty30

Vorty30

Oct 10, 2023
I was gonna make an awful joke and say Half-Life 3 is there, but I will never do that to a human being that is in pain. :)
If anything, I share similar tastes. ^^
To be honest with you and answer your question - There is not much. Or there is nothing to begin with.
From where you came, you came from the void and you return to the void.
You give the molecules back to this vicious system or cycle... Hoping that perhaps, if you are ever brought up, you do not get the same cards.
At least what I feel with this topic.
I am not religious by any means, but I have had some budist stuff thrown at me recently. And as much as it sounds sort of nice, I don't want it to be true.
I just don't want to. They say death is the ultimate bad. But there are worse things and we all know this here.

• Love
Reactions: Orbitc, LonelyStarrySky, Timelapse and 5 others
hungariancorpse

hungariancorpse

Oct 11, 2023
I was gonna make an awful joke and say Half-Life 3 is there, but I will never do that to a human being that is in pain. :)
If anything, I share similar tastes. ^^
To be honest with you and answer your question - There is not much. Or there is nothing to begin with.
From where you came, you came from the void and you return to the void.
You give the molecules back to this vicious system or cycle... Hoping that perhaps, if you are ever brought up, you do not get the same cards.
At least what I feel with this topic.
I am not religious by any means, but I have had some budist stuff thrown at me recently. And as much as it sounds sort of nice, I don't want it to be true.
I just don't want to. They say death is the ultimate bad. But there are worse things and we all know this here.
in addition to half life, I hope Gothic will also play when my light goes out 🙏

• Love
Reactions: Vorty30
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Nothing. Once we lose consciousness that is it for us, we are gone, we simply cease existing. And this is why the thought of being dead comforts me so much, all that's desirable is an eternal release from all suffering, all that appeals to me is the peace of an dreamless and permanent sleep. The only relief lies in death as then existence won't be my concern, one cannot suffer from not existing after all.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: myusername890, Orbitc, LonelyStarrySky and 7 others
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
That's why it's called "The Great Adventure."

• Yay!
  • Hugs
Reactions: myusername890, Vorty30, WAITING TO DIE and 3 others
S

SVEN

Enlightened
Apr 3, 2023
The Unknown.

• Hugs
Reactions: myusername890, Vorty30, WAITING TO DIE and 4 others
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Oh no. Not another flat earther 😉

• Yay!
Reactions: Vorty30 and voyager
Strawberry Moon

Strawberry Moon

It's not over till you're underground
Nov 1, 2023
I'm scared of an afterlife or being reincarnated into something 10 times worse.

How sick that ctb doesn't phase me in the slightest but the unknown does.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: uncat_, Vorty30, _apathetic and 7 others
Quiet_Observer

Quiet_Observer

Aug 22, 2023
I am agnostic, so I do not think we can prove god exist but what happens after death is one out of three things I think. One, there is some kind of afterlife, and we are either tortured or sent to eternal happiness. This idea doesn't please me because eternity means that anything can happen in that period of time. Moreover, if the Universe is in fact infinite, it doesn't matter if we die, we will come back in the state which we left off, because infinity allows for that to happen. What may be worse than this is that the Universe restarts in a big crunch, and we are forced to live the same life over and over again without knowing we have been through it before. If this is the case, then our suffering is eternal and it is not the first time we have lived this life.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Orbitc, LonelyStarrySky, Vorty30 and 7 others
Miku _fanboy101

Miku _fanboy101

Rahhhh
Oct 23, 2023
My cat. He just died this Halloween. I miss my cat

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Weltall, sserafim, hi-okbye and 13 others
A

Ammended

Oct 29, 2023
Peace. I believe there is peace. I hope that those I have loved and lost will somehow be with me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Vorty30, Engström, WAITING TO DIE and 1 other person
february in alaska

february in alaska

wandering aimlessly
Sep 13, 2023
My cat. He just died this Halloween. I miss my cat

I'm so sorry. I lost my cat a year ago, and I know it's a special kind of pain. Cats really do have the kindest souls. I hope they're both waiting for us on the other side

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, Engström, voyager and 1 other person
NocturnILL

NocturnILL

She will become the wind…
Sep 11, 2023
I believe we reincarnate but my beliefs are just beliefs. Everything is still unknown and when I think of all the possibilities it's scary. I'd like to believe that we set in an afterlife for awhile with our guides till our Souls are ready to return again to a not perfect but a better life.

@Miku _fanboy101 I am so sorry for your loss. I miss my baby girl always. I hope in time you can be at peace. May your cat be resting in peace and watching over you 💙.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, sserafim, voyager and 1 other person
SovietSuicide

SovietSuicide

Student
Jan 8, 2022
If I had to guess I would say the "you" part of consciousness would cease to exist. It wouldn't be darkness it just simply wouldn't be.

There will probably be an infinite number of "me"s but none of them would be the particular instance of awareness that I am right now.

I kinda blended psychedelic and programmer logic to come to this position.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: uncat_, WAITING TO DIE, sserafim and 3 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
End of the line.

• Love
Reactions: Vorty30, Timelapse, Engström and 2 others
NocturnILL

NocturnILL

Sep 11, 2023
If I had to guess I would say the "you" part of consciousness would cease to exist. It wouldn't be darkness it just simply wouldn't be.

There will probably be an infinite number of "me"s but none of them would be the particular instance of awareness that I am right now.

I kinda blended psychedelic and programmer logic to come to this position.
Hi,
What you said sounds very interesting. I was wondering if you could explain a little what you meant by "none of them would be the particular instance of awareness" that you are now?

Reactions: fkyou, sserafim and SovietSuicide
SovietSuicide

SovietSuicide

Student
Jan 8, 2022
Hi,
What you said sounds very interesting. I was wondering if you could explain a little what you meant by "none of them would be the particular instance of awareness" that you are now?
In a simple way you can think of it like clones I guess, if you are perfectly recreated atomically by a clone machine it's impossible for your consciousness to split and now your consciousness is 2 people instead of 1 at the same time. (There can be no explanation besides non-local consciousness)

If your consciousness is produced by matter/your brain then it's tethered to the specific instance of you before you got cloned and your clone would have to have it's own instantiation of consciousness.

Similar to programming you can have identical data types but different instances of the same data type.

So if for example the big bang is followed by a big crunch in an infinite loop as mentioned by this thread then every following instance of "you" would not be the "you" that you are now.

I think there is something bigger happening related to consciousness but I think the principle still stands.

Best argument against it imo is the idea of non-local consciousness and that consciousness is not produced by the brain but I would argue against that idea as a materialist.

I would say the most important principle to understand the world is that nothing happens without a reason, I don't mean that in a woo woo kind of way, I mean if a car is driving it's because the pedal is down and the engine is on. Everything has an explanation. If you stick to that principle you get as close to truth as it's possible to get.

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Timelapse, DT2007 and 5 others
NocturnILL

NocturnILL

Sep 11, 2023
In a simple way you can think of it like clones I guess, if you are perfectly recreated atomically by a clone machine it's impossible for your consciousness to split and now your consciousness is 2 people instead of 1 at the same time. (There can be no explanation besides non-local consciousness)

If your consciousness is produced by matter/your brain then it's tethered to the specific instance of you before you got cloned and your clone would have to have it's own instantiation of consciousness.

Similar to programming you can have identical data types but different instances of the same data type.

So if for example the big bang is followed by a big crunch in an infinite loop as mentioned by this thread then every following instance of "you" would not be the "you" that you are now.

I think there is something bigger happening related to consciousness but I think the principle still stands.

Best argument against it imo is the idea of non-local consciousness and that consciousness is not produced by the brain but I would argue against that idea as a materialist.

I would say the most important principle to understand the world is that nothing happens without a reason, I don't mean that in a woo woo kind of way, I mean if a car is driving it's because the pedal is down and the engine is on. Everything has an explanation. If you stick to that principle you get as close to truth as it's possible to get.
Thank you ☺️ I understand more and see where you are coming from.

I highly agree with you, believing there's more happening with our consciousness. You gave me something more to think about.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, SovietSuicide, sserafim and 1 other person
starlightsun

starlightsun

May 26, 2023
I hope nothingness. The idea of being eternal/having a soul terrifies me, because it means there is no option not to be.

I used to be comforted by the possibility of reincarnation but now it frightens me, being put into another body in another space and time over and over again endlessly? No thanks. Especially not on earth which is hellish already.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Vorty30, Timelapse, WAITING TO DIE and 2 others
P

PanaxMan

Student
Apr 11, 2023
I hope nothingness. The idea of being eternal/having a soul terrifies me, because it means there is no option not to be.

I used to be comforted by the possibility of reincarnation but now it frightens me, being put into another body in another space and time over and over again endlessly? No thanks. Especially not on earth which is hellish already.
if that life is good ill rather take the chances. Otherwise I can ctb in that world as well. No Problem

Reactions: Vorty30, NocturnILL and sserafim
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
The same condition as before birth. Everything else is probably fairy tales and fantasies due to the fear of death.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim, Vorty30, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
Csmith8827

Csmith8827

Don't you listen to your heart? (Listen to it...)
Oct 26, 2019
Good question. I don't know...you appear before God? That's my final/best answer. You as in your soul, minus the body...like a spirit form...think obi wan @ the end of star wars...

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Hopefully nothing but if there is something, I would want it to be a heaven of my own creation, my own personal world/heaven. I believe in reincarnation though, so most probably I would be reincarnated and forced to do this life thing again. Reincarnation just seems the most logical out of all of the theories about the afterlife/other side. I'd like to be a cat in my next life, I'd hate to be a human again.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Shiva_Story, WAITING TO DIE, NocturnILL and 1 other person
voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
@Quiet_Observer Hah, could (and would) have been written by me, truly word for word. Agnostic, pointless eternal existence, nothingness, consciousness in infinity of space and time, eternal recurrence with mind wipe but bound to play out the same way again (therefore mistakes) due to determinism. The latter seems a likely possiblity altough even in an eternal loop it would never truly be the same, but maybe close enough for us to reach consciousness again.

Which is why I agree with you too @SovietSuicide , ever since I've heard of Dolly the sheep I can't wrap my mind around how a perfect clone would not share the same consciousness with us, perhaps at the very minimum it would have to occupy the same space in time, which is impossible. Would an infinite loop in time suffice? Who knows.

Alternatively, we might very well be born into another being which simply shares the same basic biological characteristics of whatever made us sentient in the first place. Dunno.

This is not wishful thinking mind, just seems logical that what has happened once is likely to happen again, since death is supposedly nothingness, which equals infnity and thereby consciousness is all there is.

We'll see.

Wouldn't mind a sort of ephiphany at the end of this, what all of this was about. Seems highly unlikely, but technically not impossible.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, SovietSuicide, fkyou and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Good question. I don't know...you appear before God? That's my final/best answer. You as in your soul, minus the body...like a spirit form...think obi wan @ the end of star wars...
I heard there was a life review…I'm not sure if it involves you appearing before God or not

B

brokeandbroken

Enlightened
Apr 18, 2023
I believe in heaven and Jesus and all that jazz. That said. I think God has disowned me. I think I'm going to hell in all honesty. So the only thing for me after the hell here is more hell. I think I'm just in a perpetual hellish existence. Maybe I'm already in hell. I don't know.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, WAITING TO DIE and voyager