• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

JBFTM224

JBFTM224

Apr 9, 2024
I feel like I have reasons to want to die sometimes, but a lot of the time I just feel depressed or sad and I think bad thoughts and the idea of death feels so nice. But then, that's not a real reason, right? And it got me thinking. What really is a real reason? What's a justifiable reason to want to kill myself?

I know some people want to go because of terminal illness and I'm sure others have dead loved ones they don't wanna live without. I understand that, but other then that, is simply not wanting to be here and always feeling depressed even a good reason for me to want to go or am I overreacting?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ultra'sPurgat0rio, DeIetedUser4739, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
I think that at the end of the day, it's up to the individual. You'll know if it's enough in the final moment before fully committing yourself to your method.

• Love
Reactions: Forveleth, zanahori, 4am and 6 others
Upvote 4
sorrowful

sorrowful

My exhaustion knows no end
Feb 13, 2023
Any reason is justifiable. Who are we to tell someone that their reason is not? The decision to end ones own life should be a human right. No one should be forced into a world they do not wish to stay in. That makes earth a prison.

Though, that's not to say we shouldn't also advocate for help. Some things can be fixed, but not all. Really, bottom line is that it is up to the person and how they feel, whether they think things can turn around or not. We all want peace, and that looks different for everyone. Myself, peace is in death, and I think that is reason enough.

• Love
Reactions: Forveleth, JBFTM224, DeIetedUser4739 and 4 others
Upvote 0
T

ThisGameIsOverrated

I need RCs
May 6, 2024
IMO Not wanting to live is fine enough, no one has to give a complicated in depth answer for not wanting to live somewhere or associate with a certain person so I don't see why we need to "justify" not wanting to live

• Love
Reactions: Forveleth and JBFTM224
Upvote 0
Lady Laudanum

Lady Laudanum

Experienced
May 9, 2024
As long as they're making a fully informed decision and it was thought out rather than an impulse decision, who am I to say whether it was reasonable or not?

• Love
Reactions: Ultra'sPurgat0rio, Forveleth, final_countdown12 and 1 other person
Upvote 0
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I suspect even people who don't think they have reasons actually do. Ultimately, I think we all ask ourselves- 'Why am I not happy? Why do I feel so bad that I want it to be over? Can I change my circumstances?' I suspect it's when we have problems we can't seem to fix that we feel like we've had enough.

If it's low mood with no apparent cause, there are still choices to be made. Do you try seeing a doctor or therapist to see if it might be depression? Do you try medication? What if that doesn't work though? Isn't that an incurable problem then?

But personally, I'm pro-choice. I think we should all have the right to choose if we want to continue in our lives. Recovery takes a lot of effort and we're going to be the ones doing all the work. That's not to say I think people should just be left. Support should be provided to people who want it but, it ought to be their choice I think.

• Love
Reactions: Ultra'sPurgat0rio, Forveleth, JBFTM224 and 2 others
Upvote 0
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I feel like I have reasons to want to die sometimes, but a lot of the time I just feel depressed or sad and I think bad thoughts and the idea of death feels so nice. But then, that's not a real reason, right?
Any reason that makes you contemplate suicide is a valid reason for you personally otherwise you would never think about ending your life as the last resort to finally find peace.

Can you find out what makes u depressed/sad? That is the actual reason why you feel that you may want to kys. If there are external reasons causing the suicidal ideation it can help to eliminate them - if that is possible. The earlier you can get rid of such circumstances that are causing you depression / sadness and all that with the result of contemplating suicide the better the chances are you can recover - if that is what you want.

In the end it's your personal decision and one thing is clear: Death is the only relief from all suffering in this world / in this life.

• Love
Reactions: Forveleth, JBFTM224 and Ash
Upvote 0
Alltheywanted

Alltheywanted

I'll just lay here and die
Mar 6, 2023
As long as you approach this logicaly and not emotionally, any reason is valid. Just give yourself time, and make sure this is what you want.

In the end it's your life.

• Love
Reactions: Ultra'sPurgat0rio, Solar1703, Forveleth and 2 others
Upvote 0
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Tortured by evil humans
Sep 24, 2020
People should simply be able to cease existing if they want to, it's their existence after all. In my case I'd always prefer to not exist no matter what, having the ability to exist is beyond undesirable, to me the existence of life was the most horrific tragedy in the first place, I see no point or value in being burdened with something so dreadful and futile as human existence, it'd be better to me if existence is erased.

• Aww..
Reactions: Ultra'sPurgat0rio and JBFTM224
Upvote 0
acephale

acephale

Miroir
May 12, 2024
Excessive unbearable suffering, and/or meaningless life.

Reactions: JBFTM224
Upvote 0
Optimu$

Optimu$

Death Is Non Negotiable
May 10, 2024
Everyone has their own reasons and NO-ONE has the right to judge someone else for their decision. That being said it isn't something that someone should resort to just because things get difficult.

For me I'd say if things have been going downhill for years and you've sorted a range of things to help you but it doesn't work then suicide can be considered. It really comes down to your own personal tolerance after a few years of suffering.

As long as you don't get idiots saying things like "suicide is the easy way out" or "you'd have done it by now of you were really suicidal" or "there's always a way, you're just not trying hard enough" then your decision should be respected.

• Love
Reactions: JBFTM224 and Forveleth
Upvote 0
Dark Window

Dark Window

Forest Wanderer
Mar 12, 2024
Just make sure you've thought it through and it's not impulsive./

Reactions: Ultra'sPurgat0rio and JBFTM224
Upvote 0