• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
I miss feeling like my whole life was ahead of me. I was a straight-A student and everyone told me I could do anything I put my mind to. I miss dreaming about what my life would be like as an adult and being confident that the universe would make it happen. I miss the feeling that the world had nothing but good things and potential, and it was all within my grasp -- not gatekept by money and connections and just being in the right place at the right time. I miss feeling like I mattered. I miss the magic of childhood. I miss eating whatever I wanted and keeping my shape! I miss not knowing how evil people could be and how fucked the world is.

I miss the feelings of home. My home life wasn't perfect... Me and my siblings could fight like cats, my mom was a hardass, and it sucked to have no money or laptop or car, etc. But I miss all of us living under one roof and being a family. Sharing dinner together every night, summer days at the pool, watching a Redbox movie together, family vacations and trips. I miss how special every holiday felt, even if we had to clean for company. I miss my grandpa. I miss my dog. I miss knowing my parents were young and knowing that it'd be decades before I had to worry about their health. I miss someone else making the decisions and the calls, so I could sleep at night feeling protected, knowing someone cared about me. Now we're only together a few times a month at most and my siblings have their own friends/family so they forget I'm there. I miss when we'd all have fun together.

I miss being together with all my friends at school. I don't miss the bullying or endless homework or waking up at 6:30. But I miss having no priorities in my life except to learn. I miss writing stories in journals and sharing them with friends. I miss all the clubs, all the hangout sessions with friends, all the times when even going to the mall felt like a special adventure. I miss giggling over our crushes and the fun of school dances. I miss when there was nothing to do in summer but relax and swim and play video games. I miss us feeling like we were invincible. Now my friends are married with kids and moved away and we're lucky to meet up a couple of times a year.

I used to never understand how people could be nostalgic for childhood. I couldn't wait to grow up. Now I get it. I just want to start over, from the beginning, with what I know now.

HereTomorrow

HereTomorrow

eternally atoning
Feb 1, 2024
Being intelligent, or, at least thinking I was. Stereotypical "gifted child has fallen from grace" story. Ever since I was in the ER for suicidial thoughts and started therapy I went from honors to barely passing regular classes and upon graduating high school I was kinda passing below regular classes.

That, and just feeling content with life before my SA when I was 8. Wasn't euphoric, but excited about everything new, laughed with families on the holidays. I miss it. I miss it all.

Reactions: pilotviolin
pilotviolin

pilotviolin

Student
Jan 27, 2024
being able to maintain relationships, having the energy to go out. ill probably look back in five years and somehow miss now.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It feels like my life has always been a struggle. Even though the things I struggled against were meager, it never felt like I wasn't fighting against something whether it was my father's abuse, my bad grades, or even petty issues with being lightly bullied at school.

markimobzzdeasui

markimobzzdeasui

Life is a cruel joke
Oct 24, 2021
I miss being sincere and innocent about my career and life. Although I have been struggling for more than a decade, I miss my old self- being able to feel my emotions,work hard for his career,able to accept his mistake and be real.

Eternal Pessimist

Eternal Pessimist

Student
Oct 16, 2019
I miss feeling like things were going to work out for me in the end. I've never had the most positive outlook on life, but before I really started struggling I did think that eventually I would reach a stage in my life where I would feel happy, or at least content with life. I don't know why exactly I thought that, because you only have to look around you to see that things don't always work out for everyone. I guess I always knew that, but didn't really internalize it until my struggles started.

ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
I miss enjoying things.
Before, I had hobbies I loved and did fun things. Now, thoes same hobbies just feel like a chore, and nothing I do seems fun anymore

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
not being in pain and being able to see

G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Its been so long I can't even remember....

F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
I miss the ability to feel content. PDD has robbed me of the ability to feel anything above "meh" for more than a few hours. I miss having just a normal day, with nothing particularly good or bad happening, just a day, and not feeling like shite for no reason when I go to bed. I would take all the bad in my life right now in stride if I was also allowed to enjoy the good or even just the mundane.