terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
For me, not realizing how damaging something is until i did it i.e. no foresight, and not being able to go back and not do it. Wish I had 2 chances at life.

• Hugs
Reactions: Venessolotic, Élégie, Conker and 2 others
WarRunner

WarRunner

Jun 3, 2020
I hate the fact that I was born so defective.

Reactions: Venessolotic, Odd_Duck and clocktower
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
This should sum up life quite well:

1. On The Ways In Which Nature Makes Andrea Yates Look Like June Cleaver
Eurasian coots, a species of migratory water bird, may hatch up to nine chicks. But under normal circumstances, food is in short supply. The parent birds feed the baby birds tiny shrimp for the first three days after hatching. Then, mama coot turns into Mommy Dearest. A baby bird begs for food, as usual—but, with no warning, the parents "punish" it, biting the chick hard on its tiny head. The parents do this to all the chicks in turn. Eventually, one chick is singled out for special torture, and abused until it stops begging for food and starves to death.

This process is repeated until only two or three chicks survive.

Pelicans hatch three chicks, but under normal circumstances, only one survives. Instead of the parent birds doling out death, it's the siblings—the two larger birds pluck at the smallest with their sharp beaks and knock it out of the nest. Then the conspirators turn on each other until only one chick is left.

Sir David Attenborough himself acknowledges that this might be a bit cruel, by human standards. But, he assures us, it's all for the best—in especially good years, a pelican or coot can raise an extra chick or two. So torturing baby birds to death serves the purpose of increasing the genetic fitness of the parents by a little bit.

Does that really make it okay? -Sarah Perry - Every Cradle Is A Grave

Reactions: Venessolotic
lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
I hate how there are so many factors out of our control eg genetics and upbringing.

• Love
Reactions: Venessolotic, it's_all_a_game, Élégie and 1 other person
EmbraceOfTheVoid

EmbraceOfTheVoid

Part Time NEET - Full Time Suicidal
Mar 29, 2020
Watching this will probably help:

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
The pain of living without friends, family, partner, community. I feel so fucked. All alone and desperate to die.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Élégie
ThoughtsMinds

ThoughtsMinds

Jun 8, 2020
I can't say I have a passionate hatred for anything in my life I have more of a loathing and feeling of numbness. I hate that I can't connect to people and the general feeling that I'm a failure.
@Final Escape hey Denver represent! I'm in Mar Lee :) also I do not have community or too many friends here in Denver I thought it would be so easy to reestablish myself in a city and fuck no it's not...

Last edited:
J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
I wish human life expectancy were less than 100 years.

I remember someone talking about this a while ago...but they were saying that even though human life was harder in a kill or be killed/medical resources type of way hundreds of years ago...there was probably much less depression/anxiety because the life span was like 35, so you knew you didn't have that long to go. I'm 35 now, if that was the average lifespan, I'd have way less anxiety now knowing I'm close to the end. Instead I have to figure out how I'm going to keep up with having "good" jobs with my mental health issues for the next 35 years while managing all of that. It feels impossible.

A

AnxietyAttack44

I just wanna go to my husband already.
Jun 5, 2020
Right now about life, what i hate the most is actualy being alive. What broke for me will never be repaired again, and that empty hole in my chest will never fill up. Not while im alive. It hurts more day after day. It will never get better. It will just hurt the more time it passes

Reactions: Venessolotic
coldeyes

coldeyes

the rumbling is comfy
Jan 9, 2019
I was born as a Muslim woman in a very conservative country( I'm an atheist since I was 16),I had to stay home
And cover my face all my life.
And then was taught that education is not that important for women nor I had so many options.
I was forced to marry when I was 19,forced to leave college.
And when I moved to the UK and escaped that life found myself completely lonely,no family no real friends,not even a secure job,even though my family were rich but I have to start my life from scratch
All of this were difficult for me.
I just feel I have failed in life and I'll never find happiness,I'd rather die than live the rest of my life poor and alone

I'm scared

Seems like you want to live. Why not move to another country, remove hijab, get new identity eg Christian name and start all over.

T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I remember someone talking about this a while ago...but they were saying that even though human life was harder in a kill or be killed/medical resources type of way hundreds of years ago...there was probably much less depression/anxiety because the life span was like 35, so you knew you didn't have that long to go. I'm 35 now, if that was the average lifespan, I'd have way less anxiety now knowing I'm close to the end. Instead I have to figure out how I'm going to keep up with having "good" jobs with my mental health issues for the next 35 years while managing all of that. It feels impossible.
People die "very young" many years ago. If someone lived more than 40s it was considered a long life. Now if you die at 40 you are considered gone too soon. But for me it's not a matter of years. It's a matter of quality of life. It doesn't make sense live longer if your life sucks anyway no matter how many years.