• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Heaven and Hell are not destinations, they are a state of mind.

Depending on the branch of science and math we can conclude that there are more than 4 dimensions. We subscribe to the 11 dimension theory where there are 9 spatial dimensions and 2 time dimensions. The number 11 is also present in Hindu teachings, everything above 11 belongs to Vishnu.

Actually Hinduism teaches 64 dimensions, but science has only caught up to 11 so that's where we stick for now.

We believe ghosts, apparitions, and other supernatural events are individual "spirits" that move through a higher dimension and can sometimes cast a shadow into our 4d perspectives.
What about the 6 realms in Buddhism?

"Rebirths occur in six realms of existence, namely three good realms (heavenly, demi-god, human) and three evil realms (animal, ghosts, hellish). Samsara ends if a person attains nirvana, the "blowing out" of the desires and the gaining of true insight into impermanence and non-self reality."

Last edited:
Reactions: divinemistress36
cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
Personally, I'd wager that the same thing happens after our death as before our birth, which is absolutely nothing. The passage of time ceases to exist for you after your brain stops functioning - there's no difference between a nanosecond and a trillion ages of our Universe. The brain and body decompose into atoms, returning to the universe; the entropy of the universe increases - time marches on, your memory fades away. Perhaps as some form of consciousness in some reality, we are redrawn anew after an almost infinite amount of time (bearing in mind the lack of experiencing the passage of time).
Precisely. Everyone worries about where we go next without ever contemplating where we were before we were born. Personally we believe it's the same experience as well.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Precisely. Everyone worries about where we go next without ever contemplating where we were before we were born. Personally we believe it's the same experience as well.
Where were we before we were born? A past life and then the Bardo?

cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
What about the 6 realms in Buddhism?

"Rebirths occur in six realms of existence, namely three good realms (heavenly, demi-god, human) and three evil realms (animal, ghosts, hellish).[note 1] Samsara ends if a person attains nirvana,[note 2] the "blowing out" of the desires and the gaining of true insight into impermanence and non-selfreality.[7][8][9]"
We don't want to discourage anyone else's faith, but we put our faith in science before theology.

Religion is a useful resource, tool, and community for some and that's wonderful.

If your life was full of struggle and pain you would say "this is hell", but if your life is full of pleasure and happiness you would say "this is heavenly". It's just perspective.
Where were we before we were born? A past life and then the Bardo?
Perhaps, or this may be your very first rodeo. There's no way to know for certain.

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
a) you cease to exist
b) Your spirit will leave your body and enter a different layer within our reality.
The astral plane and beyond. You will find yourself in black nothingness and see bright white light and feel a pull towards it. Some people might be barely aware of this process and perceive it like a dream. This is called "the death current".
When you reach the white light your whole life will simultaneously flash before your eyes and you will receive the so called "life review" at this point a certain beings will likely appear.
They will present themselves according to your beliefs. It could be Jesus, Buddha or your relatives.
Then they begin to discuss your life with you and try pressure you to go back to Earth, live another life - and be reincarnated.
When you agree your soul will get a certain resting period in the astral realm and when it runs out you go back to a new body.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
a) you cease to exist
b) Your spirit will leave your body and enter a different layer within our reality.
The astral plane and beyond. You will find yourself in black nothingness and see bright white light and feel a pull towards it. Some people might be barely aware of this process and perceive it like a dream. This is called "the death current".
When you reach the white light your whole life will simultaneously flash before your eyes and you will receive the so called "life review" at this point a certain beings will likely appear.
They will present themselves according to your beliefs. It could be Jesus, Buddha or your relatives.
Then they begin to discuss your life with you and try pressure you to go back to Earth, live another life - and be reincarnated.
When you agree your soul will get a certain resting period in the astral realm and when it runs out you go back to a new body.
What happens to you if you choose to not reincarnate? You stay in the void forever?

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
What happens to you if you choose to not reincarnate? You stay in the void forever?
Idk, it's a great mystery. But when you are not limited by your body you might be able to do a lot more than a simple human can. You might be able to travel anywhere in universe just by using your will.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Idk, it's a great mystery. But when you are not limited by your body you might be able to do a lot more than a simple human can. You might be able to travel anywhere in universe just by using your will.
Who will you be? Your soul/higher self?

N

NeverGonnaEscape

Mar 23, 2024
Well, with no brain activity there's no way to experience anything so there wouldn't be any observer to observe anything.

DesperateOne

DesperateOne

Experienced
May 25, 2023
I watched Donald Hoffman, and I could never understand this point - if the perceived reality is unreal due to being modelled by our brains, how could that unreal reality shape our brains via biological evolution?
If I understand correctly the reality that we interact with is somewhat real, but it is only like 1% of the entire thing and even this 1% is portrayed by our brains in a very distorted way. The brain doesn't really care about truth, it only cares about rendering reality in a way that maximizes our survival and reproduction rate.

Reactions: sserafim
T_Afflige_X

T_Afflige_X

Searching For Bliss
Oct 6, 2023
There's a saying that death is nature's reset button, so we might be bound to find ourselves in a new life form after some time, something that may have been going on since the dawn of life itself.

Shar

Shar

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
I don't believe in afterlife. We can completely alter someone's perception, even manipulate their memories, by altering the chemistry within the brain - which indicates that consciousness is just a process generated by the brain, not something that exists beyond it.

even NDEs can be re-created with potent drugs - And obviously there will have similarities between them, since our brains are structurally identical, so its nothing but logical to expect many people to have similar experiences in the same circumstances.
Besides, they are not so similar. Some people describe events completely differently than others. Most people dont experience nothing, at all.

Anyway, I've read recent articles tthat during the last stages of death, the brain goes through greater activity than normal, which would explain most NDE's effects such as heightened senses, "going to a place more real than real", out-of-body perception, etc.

Maybe telepathic experiences are real, maybe we can actually 'get out' of the body, but that could just means our brain has undiscovered potential.

Last edited:
  • Informative
ham and potatoes

ham and potatoes

Just some hillbilly
Mar 27, 2024
I would like to think there is more after we leave this world
Allot of people who have had a near death experience all seem to express overwhelming joy and love in their experiences.
So im hopeful for that, as that sounds way better than the depression and anxiety Ive known my whole life
True, that could just be some chemical reaction in their oxygen deprived brain, i guess we will all find out someday....

picklealex

picklealex

I hate it all, just let me die
Jun 24, 2023
well, I'm hoping when im finally dead that I am in a state of peace, not conscious at all, just in darkness where I am peaceful

M

Mersault

I use translate.
Apr 5, 2024
Uncertainty, whether it's nothingness, reincarnation, but I have a slight fear that I'm going to hell. Yes, I know it's a bit silly, but damn, this stupid dogma instilled in me is really hard to get rid of.

T

tchubbygho5t

Apr 15, 2024
I think we are just conscious beings, and when we die we go back the consciousness part without the meat suit. I kinda like to believe what people say in NDE's, I think it's quite comforting to know that everything will be alright in the end, like feeling pain is literally an impossibility in that state.

HeavensOpenDoor

HeavensOpenDoor

Jul 6, 2020
I think we are just conscious beings, and when we die we go back the consciousness part without the meat suit. I kinda like to believe what people say in NDE's, I think it's quite comforting to know that everything will be alright in the end, like feeling pain is literally an impossibility in that state.
Yeah, I agree with this and I also enjoy listening to NDE's.

Eudaimonic

Eudaimonic

I want to fade away.
Aug 11, 2023
hopefully nothing, but my belief is nothing more than faith and a cautious belief in physicalism.

as an aside, NDEs are pretty intriguing, and i don't buy into the skeptical explanations of them, at least not wholly; there have been numerous documented veridical NDEs, for instance. but they ultimately do not prove the existence of an afterlife because psi could be invoked to explain them if the skeptics are wrong.

lixt

lixt

Entropy guides me until death reaches me.
Dec 14, 2023
After death, I believe in the cease of existence, where neither I will remember I exist. It is like neither black nor white, I'll see. I believe I will see, remember, and think nothing; I'll be nothing. I believe in the oblivion. I believe I will return to my original state of non-existence.