• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

halleyscomet

halleyscomet

halley
Mar 26, 2024
I don't know what happens really, I don't believe in God and the idea of an afterlife seems pretty fucking terrible.

But then there are things in life that have to be due to some all powerful being, surely there has to be some greater meaning to our existence?

What do you think happens, and does it make you want to ctb more or less?

I think the idea of just ceasing to exist seems more comforting then dying and having to do it all over again. But not knowing makes it feel really scary to ctb.

cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Eternal Spirit Experiencing a Human Moment
Dec 23, 2023
I don't know what happens really, I don't believe in God and the idea of an afterlife seems pretty fucking terrible.

But then there are things in life that have to be due to some all powerful being, surely there has to be some greater meaning to our existence?

I think the idea of just ceasing to exist seems more comforting then dying and having to do it all over again. But not knowing makes it feel really scary to ctb.
Nobody can ever know for certain, anyone that claims to know is fooling themselves. So it's really all your choice.

We don't believe in "death". We choose to believe in life. This body does not belong to us, it's just a collection of the food we've eaten through our life.

It's also the only proof we need to understand that we are all God. If you could shape a carrot into a human with your hands we would call you "Creator". But that's exactly what's going on inside your body. We all hold the power of the Creator inside us.

When this body and mind can no longer sustain the life it holds the life moves on to something else. Imagine that we are both soap bubbles. We have similarities but one might be larger, or have slightly more soap content, but they are both just holding air. When those bubbles pop, the air inside them doesn't go away, it just returns to the rest of the air.

We've convinced ourself that "life", "consciousness", "spirit", "soul", whatever you want to call it, is just a frequency. We name it, "The hum of the universe". So when the dancing stops inside of you, it's just moving to a bigger party. Simplifying further into a binary system, it certainly seems like death is the "ON" state (dancing with the universe), while conscious life is the "OFF" state (dancing to your own tune).

G

gazap

Dec 3, 2023
I have pondered this question for MANY years and read o lot of literature regarding possible theories.

Anthony Peake is an avid researcher and uses the concepts of quantum physics to argue that at the point of death, we don't die but get transported to another reality where we live as us again but with a different set of circumstances i.e. a reality where you're not encumbered with suicidal ideation. He makes quite a strong point with the double-slit experiment. So, in a nutshell, the world only exists because we perceive it with our consciousness. without us, there would be nothing. According to him, this explains the de ja vu phenomenon. He has many fascinating books, but my favourites are cheating the ferryman and the hidden universe.

Another researcher is Michael Newton. He was a hypnotist who helped people with addictions. During his sessions he noticed that some of his clients would descirbe 'between lives' scenarios. This intrigued him and he delved a little deeper. For thirty years he dedicated his practice to 'mapping out the afterlife'. He has regressed thousands, and all have described the same place.

Dr Peter Fenwick has researched the end-of-life phenomena and has found striking similarities in those who experience unusual events. Dr Bruce Greyson is another professional who has collaborated with Dr Fenwick.

Then there's evidence of those who can astral project i.e. the ability to leave your body whilst in a state of relaxation, and then travel to where you wish. the CIA invested heavily in researching this phenomenon because as usual, they wanted to weaponise it and use it as a reconnaissance tool. the CIA pretty much proved that it's real and you can find the document for that here: https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00788R001700210016-5.pdf

the cia document above mentions the work of the 'monroe institure'. Robert monroe was an enigma at out of body travel and he wrote many books. One of my favourites is far journeys. The Robert Monroe Institute is still operational to this day. One of its trainers is a guy named william buhlman. He too has travelled many times out of body. He's written many books and has a private facebook page which Im a member of.

So....there we have it! I understand that the thought of carrying on is terrifying given we're all suffering from debilitating depression, anxieties and horrible ideations, BUT, this is 3d, our minds are far more expansive in the afterlife. According to a lot of the researchers we are nothing more than spirit wearing meat coats. we shed it upon death and become free again. So rather than fearing it, I would encourage you to embrace it. Furthermore, I would suggest that you get in touch with William Buhlmann if you have any worries, he is very accommodating. I too am here if you ever need a chat.

Much love to you

Labyrinth

Labyrinth

There is no escaping the burden of existence
Jan 8, 2024
Death is benign since it frees us from ourselves; however, abbreviating it is not always a good idea. I believe that life ultimately has a supreme purpose. But in our human ignorance we cannot apprehend. Neither religious people nor atheists are correct. In my opinion, we will see a film in retrospect of everything that happened to us. Metacognitive metastasis state.

destinationlosangel

destinationlosangel

Student
Feb 16, 2024
I have pondered this question for MANY years and read o lot of literature regarding possible theories.

Anthony Peake is an avid researcher and uses the concepts of quantum physics to argue that at the point of death, we don't die but get transported to another reality where we live as us again but with a different set of circumstances i.e. a reality where you're not encumbered with suicidal ideation. He makes quite a strong point with the double-slit experiment. So, in a nutshell, the world only exists because we perceive it with our consciousness. without us, there would be nothing. According to him, this explains the de ja vu phenomenon. He has many fascinating books, but my favourites are cheating the ferryman and the hidden universe.

Another researcher is Michael Newton. He was a hypnotist who helped people with addictions. During his sessions he noticed that some of his clients would descirbe 'between lives' scenarios. This intrigued him and he delved a little deeper. For thirty years he dedicated his practice to 'mapping out the afterlife'. He has regressed thousands, and all have described the same place.

Dr Peter Fenwick has researched the end-of-life phenomena and has found striking similarities in those who experience unusual events. Dr Bruce Greyson is another professional who has collaborated with Dr Fenwick.

Then there's evidence of those who can astral project i.e. the ability to leave your body whilst in a state of relaxation, and then travel to where you wish. the CIA invested heavily in researching this phenomenon because as usual, they wanted to weaponise it and use it as a reconnaissance tool. the CIA pretty much proved that it's real and you can find the document for that here: https://www.cia.gov/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP96-00788R001700210016-5.pdf

the cia document above mentions the work of the 'monroe institure'. Robert monroe was an enigma at out of body travel and he wrote many books. One of my favourites is far journeys. The Robert Monroe Institute is still operational to this day. One of its trainers is a guy named william buhlman. He too has travelled many times out of body. He's written many books and has a private facebook page which Im a member of.

So....there we have it! I understand that the thought of carrying on is terrifying given we're all suffering from debilitating depression, anxieties and horrible ideations, BUT, this is 3d, our minds are far more expansive in the afterlife. According to a lot of the researchers we are nothing more than spirit wearing meat coats. we shed it upon death and become free again. So rather than fearing it, I would encourage you to embrace it. Furthermore, I would suggest that you get in touch with William Buhlmann if you have any worries, he is very accommodating. I too am here if you ever need a chat.

Much love to you
Hey thanks for posting. U seem super knowledgeable hence the following questions -

Why do u think most religions try to scare us away from ctb ing? Is this some kind of an agenda? I like how u said we are nothing more than 'spirit wearing meat coats' haha

INTJme

INTJme

Epeolatrist
Mar 22, 2024
The human brain, more specifically the pre-frontal cortex or the "conscious" part of the brain, can't stand the idea of not knowing. And this vacuum of knowledge is not just mere annoyance, but the sole driver of human motivation. Everything we've invented and discovered is a function of this human tendency to fill in the knowledge gap. Unfortunately, despite trying our best we don't always find answers because it's just impossible to at times. So what does our brain do? It creates answers that it deems most logical at the time to prevent a mental breakdown and get some closure. If you look around and observe, you'll see how much of our life revolves around getting closure. Funerals, desserts after meal, break-up sex, closing ceremony in Olympic Games etc.

Why do you think early humans worshipped the sun, moon, fire, water etc.? Because they couldn't explain the phenomena happening. It was all so magical, they thought there must be a higher power. This primitive animism later evolved into the organised religions we know today. Think about it–every religion bases its belief on some sort of "miracle". What was that miracle? Something that was not explainable or logical at the time. But they were bound by limited knowledge, and so are we. But we can now explain celestial bodies in scientific terms and know water's properties and create fire at will. They're no longer miracles. Similarly, flat-earth theory, superstitions, ghost theories etc. have also been mostly debunked that were once believed to be true or real. Lack of concrete answers can make our brains run wild.

With regards to death, different people like to believe in different theories. And whatever satiates their brain is fine, else they won't have closure that we know how desperately we seek. But the objective answer is that there's nothing after "life". Our complex brain is the source of our consciousness, and when it stops, our consciousness also ceases to exist. The End. Anyone who's ever been under general anaesthesia has experienced death imo. Lack of consciousness, it's all death is.

Not many will find this answer satiating and that's fine. Whatever floats your boat, as they say. We're imaginative by design and such a boring answer doesn't tickle our foreheads as much as we'd like it to.

Last edited:
T

TransientEternal

Student
Sep 24, 2023
Law of conservation -> your consciousness is destroyed -> no conscious, no perception of time, time passes endlessly without your knowledge until... -> an event leads to the creation of a consciousness (blank slate, no memories, unknown form that the consciousness is inhabiting) -> repeat.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Nothing happens, we simply cease existing, I believe death to just be the absence of everything, once we lose consciousness that is it for us, we are gone. To be permanently unaware of everything is all I wish for, I only find comfort in death, all I see as desirable is the peace of non-existence.

DesperateOne

DesperateOne

Experienced
May 25, 2023

Nothing. You cease to exist. Your ego and the self is just a piece of software running on a biological hardware called the brain which was built by evolution for only one purpose.

Your identity is essentially a simulacra of what your brain thinks that it is. Once the hardware dies so too does the simulacra. You go into nothingness. This nothingness is fundamentally incomprehensible since we are always perceiving/feeling something. Try imagining what is was like before you were born. You can't. You might picture blackness or you could close your ears to remove that part of the stimulus as well, but in the end you are still seeing/feeling something.

Besides, speculating on this is kinda pointless since we don't even get to see reality in the first place. This is all due to how the evolutionary process shaped our brains. It only maximized for survival/reproduction and not for objective truth (see Donald Hoffman). Your and my brains are programmed to only render a single version of reality that favors evolution, so even if there is something out there the brain will never be able to perceive or tap into it. We are just not designed for that. Maybe once we die the bigger picture reveals itself to us, but I highly doubt it...

Last edited:
S

scottyy

Feb 17, 2024
I listened to some near death experiences.
I think its like this: you cease suffering, maybe theres no duality anymore. Everything is warm light without shadows. (More like emotional warmth)
You heal pretty quickly and have access to wisdom previously unavailable. You are shown everything you did that made hearts smaller, then shown everything you did that made hearts more expansive, and you feel firsthand the effects of both. You understand the purpose of life and why you were here in the first place. Everything is less serious and more lighthearted and you laugh at some of the stuff that you thought and did during life. Theres an understanding that life includes immense suffering and nobody and nothing will force you to go back. But I think after a while of this, some wind up desiring to experience life and duality again.
Idk. Please don't criticize me lol I'm not god and I don't know shit for sure.
Maybe people are right and it's nothing forever. In which case it doesn't matter. Although, if thats true then it might make one desire to squeeze every little bit of life out that they can while here.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I listened to some near death experiences.
I think its like this: you cease suffering, maybe theres no duality anymore. Everything is warm light without shadows. (More like emotional warmth)
You heal pretty quickly and have access to wisdom previously unavailable. You are shown everything you did that made hearts smaller, then shown everything you did that made hearts more expansive, and you feel firsthand the effects of both. You understand the purpose of life and why you were here in the first place. Everything is less serious and more lighthearted and you laugh at some of the stuff that you thought and did during life. Theres an understanding that life includes immense suffering and nobody and nothing will force you to go back. But I think after a while of this, some wind up desiring to experience life and duality again.
Idk. Please don't criticize me lol I'm not god and I don't know shit for sure.
Maybe people are right and it's nothing forever. In which case it doesn't matter. Although, if thats true then it might make one desire to squeeze every little bit of life out that they can while here.
Why don't you understand the purpose of life and why you were here in the first place during your lifetime?
Law of conservation -> your consciousness is destroyed -> no conscious, no perception of time, time passes endlessly without your knowledge until... -> an event leads to the creation of a consciousness (blank slate, no memories, unknown form that the consciousness is inhabiting) -> repeat.
Do you think that we'll come back to this world or another reality?

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
S

scottyy

Feb 17, 2024
Why don't you understand the purpose of life and why you were here in the first place during your lifetime?

Do you think that we'll come back to this world or another reality?

I don't know for sure but I think maybe it's a part of the deal. In order to fully experience life. We are made to forget and be ignorant of the otherside. And maybe our tiny brains can't hold all the info. Maybe it's not something you know like engineering or language. Maybe it's too expansive to be held in our brains. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
A sadistic creator deity might be more palatable than suffering due to the arbitrary nature of celestial mechanics. Or is it the opposite for most?

Simplifying further into a binary system, it certainly seems like death is the "ON" state (dancing with the universe), while conscious life is the "OFF" state (dancing to your own tune).
What is "I" in this model at all?

Thanks for the great suggestions! Although under WhatifAltHist's video on the topic there was a debate on whether the existence of the Universe before humans proved the existence of a creator deity as necessary for observation. But apparently, physics doesn't work like this?

Regarding the universes - I've heard this idea from some cultists, and Pelevin talks about how we constantly change universes every waking moment, with trains going in all directions. But isn't it a solipsistic idea? How would anyone believe it if's effectively a universe for a person, with its denizens illusory?

And anyway, is there a proper method of traversing these realities with a destination in mind? Suicide would be a nice experiment, but is it even different from... cleaning your room?

Besides, speculating on this is kinda pointless since we don't even get to see reality in the first place. This is all due to how the evolutionary process shaped our brains. It only maximized for survival/reproduction and not for objective truth (see Donald Hoffman).
I watched Donald Hoffman, and I could never understand this point - if the perceived reality is unreal due to being modelled by our brains, how could that unreal reality shape our brains via biological evolution?

Reactions: sserafim
Dot

Dot

Globl mod - Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021
keanu-reeves-colbert.png

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
This time on this rotating rock is just one of many experiences that I will have. I 100% agree with @divinemistress36, she is so smart.

Walter

cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Dec 23, 2023
What is "I" in this model at all?
The thing that is you is called ego.

I believe we are all one entity separated by ego. The Monroe institute explores out of body experiences where the instruction is to separate your ego from this body. The University of Virginia studies children who have detailed vivid memories of past lives. Sounds like an ego getting redeployed to a human to me.

I watched Donald Hoffman, and I could never understand this point - if the perceived reality is unreal due to being modelled by our brains, how could that unreal reality shape our brains via biological evolution?
I believe the idea here is that our body and minds exist in 3 dimensions so we can only speculate what higher dimensions would look like. Carl Sagan has a very good explanation how we can observe the "shadow" of the fourth dimension to contemplate a tesseract.

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
vivid memories of past lives. Sounds like an ego getting redeployed to a human to me.
So, the ego in your definition is not the human person, but the feeling of detachment from the whole? After all, the persons differ in-between the supposed lives of the same... ego? And the only thing that is in common is... this "ego"? The definitions seem so murky. It's not a soul, right? Then what?

Personally, I never understood the big deal people make out of the "death of ego" - I'm still the human body, I have a personal history grounding me in reality, and changing my perception doesn't change the surrounding reality. So what's the point?

Let alone my preference for my kind of a "middle way" - while so many in the West are atomised individuals, equally eager for selfish hedonism AND universalist compassion, it has been my life-long unreachable dream to have a racial family - discriminatory collectivism. I feel like this is another case of Germany being against capitalism and Bolshevism... and crushed, because apparently my reincarnation RNG has placed me NOT in Juche Korea.

P.S. Apologies for sounding drowsy, I'm sleepy. But I inherently dream of lands and conquests, not of soul-searching. So any afterlife so disconnected from our reality that would deem all our cultures and civilisations irrelevant would be lost on me, and imho, wasteful. Like the old world in WoW expansions.

cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Dec 23, 2023
So, the ego in your definition is not the human person, but the feeling of detachment from the whole? After all, the persons differ in-between the supposed lives of the same... ego? And the only thing that is in common is... this "ego"? The definitions seem so murky. It's not a soul, right? Then what?

Personally, I never understood the big deal people make out of the "death of ego" - I'm still the human body, I have a personal history grounding me in reality, and changing my perception doesn't change the surrounding reality. So what's the point?

Let alone my preference for my kind of a "middle way" - while so many in the West are atomised individuals, equally eager for selfish hedonism AND universalist compassion, it has been my life-long unreachable dream to have a racial family - discriminatory collectivism. I feel like this is another case of Germany being against capitalism and Bolshevism... and crushed, because apparently my reincarnation RNG has placed me NOT in Juche Korea.

P.S. Apologies for sounding drowsy, I'm sleepy. But I inherently dream of lands and conquests, not of soul-searching. So any afterlife so disconnected from our reality that would deem all our cultures and civilisations irrelevant would be lost on me, and imho, wasteful. Like the old world in WoW expansions.
It feels like you're getting close

Ego is you. Your wants, your desire, your passion, your pain, your sacrifice, your opinions, your perspective.

Death of ego is what people experience with hallucinogenics and near-death experiences.

You are a drop of water plunging into the ocean. Dissolving into the whole you experience the death of your ego, your individuality.

When describing yourself to others you don't tell them, "I am this hand". You say, "I have this hand, I have these thoughts, I have this feeling". The thing that is you, your ego, has possession over all of "you".

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
When describing yourself to others you don't tell them, "I am this hand". You say, "I have this hand, I have these thoughts, I have this feeling". The thing that is you, your ego, has possession over all of "you".
My initial reading of this point was that you are a world, and you have every single human ego in your possession. Or am I reading it incorrectly? Was your point about distinguishing between being and having?

S

Sadshark

Apr 1, 2024
It feels like you're getting close

Ego is you. Your wants, your desire, your passion, your pain, your sacrifice, your opinions, your perspective.

Death of ego is what people experience with hallucinogenics and near-death experiences.

You are a drop of water plunging into the ocean. Dissolving into the whole you experience the death of your ego, your individuality.

What happens after the ego dies?

cosmic_traveler

cosmic_traveler

Dec 23, 2023
My initial reading of this point was that you are a world, and you have every single human ego in your possession. Or am I reading it incorrectly? Was your point about distinguishing between being and having?
You are experiencing this reality from your perspective. That is your ego. Nobody else can ever experience your experience. Some might get close, some might overlap, but they will never be your full experience.

Every human has the capacity to be either mother Theresa or Hitler or anything in between. Nobody can define or determine your experience except you yourself.