P

Powderedmonster

Student
Mar 6, 2019
I'm here because of antidepressants, i wouldn't recommend it. I'm suffering from pssd, emotional numbing and cognition problems. It's like my whole personality is drugged away :(. I never had the urge to kms before taking these meds and i still want to live now, but not with this condition. I just can't call my own body 'myself' anymore and i don't want to accept this shit.
/
Dude, I'm in the exact same position...PSSD and all. So sorry for you.. How long have you been off the pills?

• Aww..
Reactions: Nifi and Pentobartbital
uiop

uiop

Fun drugs make me happy
Mar 27, 2019
I couldn't have said it better myself but with Benzos. You have no idea how sorry I am.
I like benzos. It makes everything just "okay". No anxiety, no racing thoughts, nothing. Unfortunately, it's not a long term solution, as it has addictive properties in them, and can cause withdraw symptoms that can kill you.

Reactions: Superfluous
N

Nifi

Mar 7, 2019
/
Dude, I'm in the exact same position...PSSD and all. So sorry for you.. How long have you been off the pills?
Since july 2018. Sorry for you too :( are you still trying to cure it?

• Aww..
Reactions: Pentobartbital
P

Powderedmonster

Student
Mar 6, 2019
Did you get any withdraw symptoms from stopping the meds, or did you taper off?
I tapered off around 3 weeks after taking the pills for 16 months. The initial withdrawal wasn't bad but i remember around 3 months after I came off, I spun into the depths of withdrawal hell with all kinds of nasty symptoms. I think my brain registered that it wasn't getting the drug a little later than it should.. Been off over 31 months and still have horrific post acute withdrawal symptoms, anhedonia, and PSSD.

• Aww..
Reactions: uiop and Pentobartbital
R

RedSalvation15

Mar 13, 2019
Personally, I would never take anti-depressants. IMO, there should be a way without the "happy-pills" for everyone, to have a life worth living. So it's more like because of an ethical reason for me.
I took some for 3 weeks as I was forced to take them (compulsory hospitalization ...) and I didn't feel any change.

But, of course, if someone thinks it helps them and has no problem with taking them, then I see no reason why they shouldn't take them.

Reactions: Lilla
FauxEmotions

FauxEmotions

Tod durch das Seil
Mar 28, 2019
If you're looking for thoughts of those who have taken them, I can't help with that. If you want thoughts in general, they are the number one reason I don't talk to anyone too deeply about my thoughts. I'm terrified of em. Seems like there's no middle ground, either they help or they intensify those inner thoughts. Also, going off them/trying new meds really seems to push people to attempt, even if they weren't quite ready at that specific time. Although... I guess if CTB is the ultimate goal, they are in fact helping people, just misleading calling them anti depressants.

Last edited:
N

null

Sep 26, 2018
they didn't work for me and came with terrible side effects. the most inoffensive anti-depressant for me was prozac/fluoxetine and that was because while it didn't work, it also didn't make me feel exhausted and ravenously hungry like most other anti-depressants (barring wellbutrin/buproprion, which still had its own really bad side effects). ssri's also come with shitty withdrawals even after a short period of taking them yee haw

i think people tend to have almost cultish mindsets surrounding anti-depressants and psychiatry as well and it rubs me the wrong way. i also hate, hate, hate the "chemical imbalance" concept that is always parroted by proponents because it has no actual scientific backing and actively minimizes aspects of nurture and/or one's environment (eg. abuse, living in poverty) that can very well cause depression.

they do seem to work for some people though, so whether it's placebo or not, i guess i'm glad that it works for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Powderedmonster and Pentobartbital
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I have tried almost all of them. They seem to work initially and then after a while no effect. This is one of my main reason to ctb.
Relatable.

Reactions: Superfluous