• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

littlelungs

littlelungs

Wizard
Oct 21, 2018
Yes, what an absolutely gut-wrenching scene. Have you seen Ari Aster's other film Midsommar? I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, but I'll just say the first 20 minutes are similarly devastating, if not more so

I haven't, but it's high up on my list of things to watch. I'm nervous for the beginning because I've heard a little bit about it, but I've also heard that it's an incredible movie, so I plan to check it out.

Reactions: Temporal_Anchorite
walt

walt

Mar 15, 2022
I put off seeing Nope by Jordan Peele for awhile. I really liked Peele's films. Us was his weakest one for me, but the others were fantastic.

Nope was phenomenal to say the least, decent pacing, good character development and genuinely terrifying and well-done sequences. It's not super scary, but it's there, and in typical Peele fashion the political / more-so social commentary was great, though much more subtle than his previous films.

I'd definitely recommend it if you like any of his previous films, or if you don't know him at all.

Reactions: Twntysix and Alayna
Lawliet

Lawliet

b a n g
Sep 15, 2020
I put off seeing Nope by Jordan Peele for awhile. I really liked Peele's films. Us was his weakest one for me, but the others were fantastic.

Nope was phenomenal to say the least, decent pacing, good character development and genuinely terrifying and well-done sequences. It's not super scary, but it's there, and in typical Peele fashion the political / more-so social commentary was great, though much more subtle than his previous films.

I'd definitely recommend it if you like any of his previous films, or if you don't know him at all.
i really loved nope!! i thought his approach to aliens was incredible and original. all the characters were really great.

i recently watched the new hellraiser and i loved it!!i especially loved the new cenobite designs, i felt they honored the originals while being unique.

• Yay!
Reactions: walt
Alayna

Alayna

Close
Oct 11, 2022
Good thread, good recommendations. Shall pluck myself up for Midsommar tonight then, Hereditary was intense. Is it anything like The Wicker Man? Loved that one.

ALSO no one's mentioned Dr Lecter yet?? 😮

Films were ok but the series was a proper journey. Godd it's good. 😭

Last edited:
avoid_slow_death

avoid_slow_death

Ready to embrace the peaceful bliss of the void.
Feb 4, 2020
Good thread, good recommendations. Shall pluck myself up for Midsommar tonight then, Hereditary was intense. Is it anything like The Wicker Man? Loved that one.

ALSO no one's mentioned Dr Lecter yet?? 😮

Films were ok but the series was a proper journey. Godd it's good. 😭
Midsommar is much closer to Wicker Man.

As for myself, plenty of great films past few days. Hellraiser remake, Terrifier 2, Barbarian and Deadstream were all excellent. But the best hands down was Pearl. A must see.

Lawliet

Lawliet

b a n g
Sep 15, 2020
Midsommar is much closer to Wicker Man.

As for myself, plenty of great films past few days. Hellraiser remake, Terrifier 2, Barbarian and Deadstream were all excellent. But the best hands down was Pearl. A must see.
i'm going to check pearl out soon, i really liked X

• Love
Reactions: avoid_slow_death
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Did anyone see Smile yet? Is it any good?

psp3000

psp3000

I want to quit.
May 20, 2023
Funny Games (1997)
Martyrs (2008)
V/H/S (2012)
V/H/S 2 (2013)
V/H/S/94 (2021)
Creep (2014)
Creep 2 (2017)
Society (1989)