• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Running very late for my appointment with Death
Mar 9, 2024
First therapist did nothing. Quit after 3 sessions.

Second therapist was nice but quit her job before any progress could be made.

Third therapist I tried for well over a year. She was professional but her method just didn't work for me and she didn't help me make any real progress.

Fourth therapist when I started I barely dared go out of my house, couldn't go to school or do exams, didn't even dare get on a bus. About 6 months after I started with her I was taking tje bus back to classes. About 1 year after I was doing exams for the first time in 4 years. After a little less than 2 years I had a girlfriend again. And I got out of my depression entirely.
What did the fourth therapist do that was so different from the other ones?

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
untothedepths

untothedepths

I am falling I am fading I have lost it all
Mar 20, 2023
Only therapists I have probably seen in my whole life were during the one or two child abuse investigations that were against my parents. I had also been taken from my home once for a period of time. All I remember is I'm probably autistic, and somehow my parents got me back. Probably helped them to also move constantly to evade suspicion.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Can this be the end? Is this the way I die?
Apr 17, 2023
Provided sexual intercourse to offset SI weakening it and allowing for suicidal ideation to commence 🙌
Only therapists I have probably seen in my whole life were during the one or two child abuse investigations that were against my parents. I had also been taken from my home once for a period of time. All I remember is I'm probably autistic, and somehow my parents got me back. Probably helped them to also move constantly to evade suspicion.
I was abused too 😔

K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
A very practical approach. We looked at my problems in detail. Planned out every step to getting better carefully. Helped me with helpful thoughts for each step before I took it or even just practically sometimes. And each session built on the last rather than just the "How are you feeling today?" thing that my third psychologist did.

Like one time when I had to go take an exam in a classroom I'd never been before she went into the college and filmed the route there and sent it to me. So I could get used to it and I'd know for sure where to go, thus reducing my anxiety on the day itself.

Or another time when I had to switch to a different campus we walked there together the first time.

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Mar 9, 2024
A very practical approach. We looked at my problems in detail. Planned out every step to getting better carefully. Helped me with helpful thoughts for each step before I took it or even just practically sometimes. And each session built on the last rather than just the "How are you feeling today?" thing that my third psychologist did.

Like one time when I had to go take an exam in a classroom I'd never been before she went into the college and filmed the route there and sent it to me. So I could get used to it and I'd know for sure where to go, thus reducing my anxiety on the day itself.

Or another time when I had to switch to a different campus we walked there together the first time.
Good to know that not all of them are total hacks ;) I'm assuming from the usage of the past tense that you stopped seeing her? Do you want to go back?

• Hugs
K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
Good to know that not all of them are total hacks ;) I'm assuming from the usage of the past tense that you stopped seeing her? Do you want to go back?
If I hadn't made the decision to go to her despite my previous therapy disappointments my life would be a thousand times worse right now. And that's saying a lot.

No, I still go. But I had to reduce the amount because it became too expensive. That had a bad impact on me. But on top of that I just believe my current issue is something she can't do much about. She's a great psychologist but not a magician. She can't make my previous girlfriend come back to me.

• Hugs
davidtorez

davidtorez

Experienced
Mar 8, 2024
I was talking about religious trauma to mine and how I don't believe in god anymore and she said "don't worry you'll find god again". I did not go back
This sounds similar to my experience going to my psychologist for 1 year back in 2019, we didn't see an improvement with my depression , so she started preaching about God and Islam at our last few appointments, I never went back after that.

thetruetato

thetruetato

Student
Jan 1, 2024
I used to have a therapist, and they were okay to an extent, but I definitely would be in an institution right now if I had fully opened up to them.

• Hugs
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
If a therapist hasn't gone though what you have and have a similar condition (they have been depressed and are on the spectrum) then it's absolutely useless. It's not black and white like physical medical stuff where you have that muscle group, those veins, capillaries, etc. The mind aspect is completely different - saying you are qualified means nothing.

They are a waste of money ultimately. Better therapy is making threads here and speaking to people with similar issues. This is a million times better.

Last edited:
Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Mar 9, 2024
If I hadn't made the decision to go to her despite my previous therapy disappointments my life would be a thousand times worse right now. And that's saying a lot.

No, I still go. But I had to reduce the amount because it became too expensive. That had a bad impact on me. But on top of that I just believe my current issue is something she can't do much about. She's a great psychologist but not a magician. She can't make my previous girlfriend come back to me.
If your ex-girlfriend came back to you, would you still want to CTB?

Alexei_Kirillov

Alexei_Kirillov

Mar 9, 2024
No, I would choose to live
I think you've said it in another post, sorry for making you repeat it, but how long ago did she leave?

• Hugs
LuvMeMusic

LuvMeMusic

Student
Jan 24, 2024
I only ever had one appointment and it was forced. He was supposedly "one of the best in this area". I saw him for 10 minutes. I didn't say a single word and after 8 minutes he got mad and started threatening me with hospitalisation, telling me how much I'll "regret not talking". Then he let me go. I later got a letter with "possible diagnosis" and it was just stuff he obviously made up because he didn't like me.
My only other experience apart from that was with one in a psych ward (I guess not a "real" therapist). It boiled down to her insulting my mother and me and blaming my mother's problems on me. At the time I didn't even know why I was there, so I had no idea what she even wanted me to say.

Z-A

Z-A

Let me go
Mar 3, 2024
In my opinion therapists are not needed anymore since most of the knowledge they have is available on the internet or any AI chatting tools for free.

I've personally had multiple therapists before and they have such limited empathy for you because that's what they were taught, they are always neutral and just give information and tips that they are allowed. It's a bad system in my opinion.

Imagine yourself in their shoes, hundreds people complaining about their problems and how can you even have enough patience and empathy for all of them. It's just not a normal way of providing support. It makes you exhausted to even care about anything let alone each individual with their stories.

Only thing that actually helped me was my doctor and medication they prescribed.

In general, people who are lazy to do the research themselves or are not really educated enough obviously will get rather just therapy which is just fine. But yeah, it works, especially if you fill their wallets with fine money.

Ovid

Ovid

FML
Feb 2, 2024
I don't understand how people get cured by therapists. It makes no sense to me. Personally, I always see current therapy in the same way people view medival methods used to "cure" the black plague. I think that, at best, therapy can be used as an expensive venting place but, even then, this site is far better for venting as at least you don't have to walk on eggshells trying to look not suicidal enough to not get hospitalised here
I wish you wouldn't discredit other people's success because you haven't found yours.

Ovid

Ovid

FML
Feb 2, 2024
I have no idea why they still expect people to be truthful when it comes to this. imo, it's the exact equivalent of telling a kid who did their math test "Did you cheat? If you say yes, all of your marks will be deducted". Why would anybody want to admit to something that they know wouldn't be beneficial for them to admit?
I am truthful with mine about those feelings, and it's alright.

• Hugs
astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
My long-term therapist was functionally useless. Everything she said boiled down to "don't worry so much" and "have you tried taking up a new hobby?" She even agreed that my anxiety triggers were objectively real, horrible, and unavoidable. I even had a breakdown right after a session ended because she decided to part ways by saying, "That's right, your loved ones will die and might face horrible medical episodes and declines. It will be very difficult and painful for you to go through." No encouragement for resilience or whatever, that's just how she ended it lol. Kind of felt like she was trying to badger me into another session by reopening my wounds.

Agree with other commenters that most of what I heard, could be gathered for free from AI chatbots (who always pressure you to go to therapy anyway) or from online resources. Just felt like awkwardly talking to some stranger on the train. She would spend half of the sessions talking about herself and how she would personally handle my problem, which wasn't helpful. Just her trying to drive towards a nonexistent eureka moment and coaching me into a psych-approved response. Never felt like it was safe enough for me to really let loose. Pretty sure I've read that for many people, talking to a licensed therapist is no different than a placebo (i.e. talking to literally anyone at all).

Pro-therapy people always tell you to shop around and try as many therapists as possible to find the right fit, but frankly I don't have the time or money. I tried a few and all gave me the same result. Most "methods" like CBT, DBT, etc. can be found online or through workbooks. YMMV on antidepressants, but they were far cheaper and helped me more, especially since my therapists all told me that my problems couldn't be solved by anything except "mindfulness" and "positive thinking." Which were impossible for me until I got on antidepressants since before then I literally could not think about anything except trying to kill myself.

Shar

Shar

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
They are so useless, i think they are a scam. How is paying to talk to someone completely different from me going to help anything? What are they going to tell me that I don't know? why do they even need a resume??? there is absolutely nothing they do there that requires years of preparation in college.
They are just opportunistic people taking advantage of mentally ill people to make money without doing anything.

Last edited:

1MiserableGuy

Experienced
Dec 30, 2023
I have been in and out of therapy since I was 12, and I am now 28. That entire industry is full of crooks who would sooner enable your issues to get you to keep being a permanent revenue stream than actually improve anything.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
There is a lot I could say about therapy. I was forced into it as a child when I never would have gone on my own initiative. It ruined my life and I think it's overall a sham profession.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I don't understand how people get cured by therapists. It makes no sense to me. Personally, I always see current therapy in the same way people view medival methods used to "cure" the black plague. I think that, at best, therapy can be used as an expensive venting place but, even then, this site is far better for venting as at least you don't have to walk on eggshells trying to look not suicidal enough to not get hospitalised here
Therapy is not a cure to each and every MH problem. What can therapy do when someone is abused at home (for example in a toxic house holed) and the abuse goes on right after the therapy session? I chose an extreme example here but honestly therapy won't help here.

The earlier depression or other MH issues are detected and the earlier "help" is requested the easier it is to have a chance to be cured. The fact is that most people go to a doc/therapist/psychiatrist when the symptoms are already severe and daily life is affected. That's often too late for realistic and loong term chances to be cured. That's my personal opinion.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I only saw one at college for a few sessions. She was actually pretty insightful but, I found it all very intrusive.

My Dad really doesn't like the idea of it. In some ways, he's pretty stiff upper lip, stoic british. So, I think growing up with all that repression didn't make me all that open to it. It's weird actually. I think it's similar to some people's views on suicide- that they think it's a weak thing to do. I think it takes a lot of guts to be vulnerable with a stranger and spill a bunch of uncomfortable things. Plus, I suspect he worries that therapists likely will blame things on our childhood upbringing.

I've toyed with the idea of seeing one again but now, I'm simply not open to recovery or changing my thinking. So, I just don't think it would be beneficial.

tronix

tronix

Mar 23, 2024
Once I had a therapist who always wore these turtlenecks, even in the summer. Sometimes she had a shawl or something. And then, one day, I realized that she has a huge scar on her chest (her scarf or whatever that was, fell down). So it looked like her heart was cut out. Since then I couldn't focus anymore. She always seemed to be so cold and distant. And I could tell then WHY. I left sessions anyway because I didn't feel it helped.

I spent three years in psychodynamic therapy. And I cannot say, sometimes I hated this woman. With all my heart. But after our sessions, on my way back home, I had to admit she might be right, she might have a point. And yes, she really helped me handle some of my traumas and coping mechanisms.
I'm seeing her again, after 7 years :') I feel like I made such a huge step back... Like I disappointed her.

• Hugs
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I have seen several therapists over the years. Some of them were good. But they all gave up on me saying that I was too complex amd high risk of suicide.

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
I live in a state that is ranked as the bottom three of worst mental health care treatment in the United States. As a result of this... yeah, my experience with therapists has largely been shitty. I've seen about 14 or 15 therapists at this point, and I feel like only two of them have really been helpful with me. I have only been seeing my current therapist for about two months now so I won't count her, but so far she's been pretty nice to me.

Most of my past therapists I just feel haven't been very helpful towards me or beneficial. A lot of them have either been useless or just downright irresponsible. And one of the ones I felt actually was helping me improve my life sadly quit her job so I couldn't even see her anymore. It was really a bummer day for me when she told me she was going to quit.