• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

šŸŽµ Can this be the end? Is this the way I die?
Apr 17, 2023
My good therapists couldn't solve my problems but were kind and interesting to talk to and sometimes had insights to share.

The bad therapists were incompetent, overwhelmed by their own problems and weren't capable of helping anyone else, two faced, and easily offended by my honest answers to their questions.

One therapist (a mess of a person) would seem great during therapy. Very caring and understanding. Unfortunately, she would sometimes start talking about her own life and I would have to remind her that we only have so much time and I don't want to spend my limited session time on her stuff.

The biggest problem with her was that at the end of every session she would drop the friendly mask and say in a very unfeeling tone, "Well, time's up. See you next week," with no emotion or any facial expression. Creepy. Any progress made was undone by that final action.

pluscat

pluscat

Sep 26, 2023
They are so hit and miss, I had a lovely lady I saw for about a year and she actually helped me and supported me. But before her, I had a man who quite literally was trying to get me to fight people who were making me depressed and he said that when he was younger that solved the problem safe to say I stopped seeing him after 3 sessionsā€¦

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Apr 17, 2023
They are so hit and miss, I had a lovely lady I saw for about a year and she actually helped me and supported me. But before her, I had a man who quite literally was trying to get me to fight people who were making me depressed and he said that when he was younger that solved the problem safe to say I stopped seeing him after 3 sessionsā€¦
Unbelievable. My insurance company sends out questionnaires about therapists. I gave one therapist all zeros lol

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Apr 17, 2023
I've been pretty lucky. The ones I've had were understanding and gave pretty good advice. Particularly with PTSD, EMDR resolved most of the flashbacks.
EMDR therapists shouldn't need a degree. A trained monkey could read the script they do each session.

dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I had one good experience with a therapist at age 12. He taught me how to play chess and was a really cool person. Don't remember much other than I liked him. The therapists I had when I was older weren't great. One ended up costing me a lot of money when I had to go to a psych ward because she called the police 0.04 seconds after I told her I was suicidal. Really messed up my future when that happened.

I had a better experience with a coach in December/January. She was a lot more validating and gave advice while therapists don't really do good on the advice part. Her advice didn't end up working out but at least it was something to try. It felt like there was something to actually try instead of talk and go nowhere. I only did it for four weeks because unfortunately, my issues were way too big. I don't plan on going forward with it because there's too much to deal with. I got to meet with her in video calls on discord so that was pretty cool. The price was alright for what it was but I was unemployed so it felt like a lot more.

Therapists focus on the past and emotions. Coaches work on the future and give advice. Both at the same time probably work great for some people. Not for everyone, unfortunately.

Ash

Ash

Wizard
Oct 4, 2021
I've had very similar experiences to you. My last talk practitioner overshared far too many details about herself and was full of plans but extremely chaotic so we never actually achieved anything. I worked with some excellent psychologists years ago but thanks to the way the NHS mental health services are under funded and under resourced in the UK, I was only allowed a certain number of sessions and then we had to stop, and never mind that they both felt we weren't nearly done yet and tried (but failed) to get an extension for further sessions. But I learnt a lot from them and that sustained me for many years until I found myself up the proverbial creek without a paddle last year and discovered that all that effort and hope was in vain. Of course, if I could afford it, I could go privately but that's supposed to be the whole point of the NHS. Wealth shouldn't be a factor when it comes to care. *long hard stare at the current government*

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Apr 17, 2023
I've had very similar experiences to you. My last talk practitioner overshared far too many details about herself and was full of plans but extremely chaotic so we never actually achieved anything. I worked with some excellent psychologists years ago but thanks to the way the NHS mental health services are under funded and under resourced in the UK, I was only allowed a certain number of sessions and then we had to stop, and never mind that they both felt we weren't nearly done yet and tried (but failed) to get an extension for further sessions. But I learnt a lot from them and that sustained me for many years until I found myself up the proverbial creek without a paddle last year and discovered that all that effort and hope was in vain. Of course, if I could afford it, I could go privately but that's supposed to be the whole point of the NHS. Wealth shouldn't be a factor when it comes to care. *long hard stare at the current government*
Why are so many therapists useless? It's embarrassing to witness their incompetence. They're often not even capable of having an intelligent conversation. Freud is turning in his grave.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Overall horrible. I just went to a new one and I will never go to that person again as I had to address the person by doctor and oh boy did, I get talked down to. The doctor looked me straight in the eye and said, "let me be frank with you". and it all went downhill in a flash.

I have had some who's way was my way, or the highway and I would get kicked out, no working together, all one way, it sucked.

Walter

C

calebzz1

Jan 6, 2024
What is your issue?
I've said it in chat before, but basically I had LASIK surgery when I was 21 and it was great initially for about a year and then I developed pretty awful complications including early regression, (back in glasses after a year) intermittent ghosting vision when I relax or squint my eyes, ocular rosacea, bad night vision and more.

It's been a nightmare but somehow I'm still able to do well but it's getting more difficult and I haven't really been able to enjoy my hobbies for a long time...mainly due to the fluctuating vision that no provider can really figure out.

Thanks for asking.

HuskyD'hiver

HuskyD'hiver

Je meurs chaque jour...
Oct 14, 2023
I've been in and out of therapy my whole life and I've always had some positive impact from them. Currently I actually have two therapists, one is just a counselor and the other is a licensed psychiatrist and they have both been super kind and are trying their best to help me. The problem with going to theraphy is me: I get sidetracked with talking about my interests with them, I occasionally avoid talking about how I feel and play it off as nothing, and I've never once had a theraphist raise major concern over me saying that I'm suicidal but that may just be me not going into depth or having a plan. My only negative experiences were at the hospital when I went to admit myself and they didn't do anything, the other was when I was like 10 I went to see a psychiatrist and he answered by trying to prescribe me with adult antidepressants. Overall, I think therapy is required for everyone, but it depends on what kind of therapy works for you, especially with the multitude of different kinds of therapies that exist now: doing physical work, volunteering, group, individual, even psychedelic therapies depending on where you live

K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
First therapist did nothing. Quit after 3 sessions.

Second therapist was nice but quit her job before any progress could be made.

Third therapist I tried for well over a year. She was professional but her method just didn't work for me and she didn't help me make any real progress.

Fourth therapist when I started I barely dared go out of my house, couldn't go to school or do exams, didn't even dare get on a bus. About 6 months after I started with her I was taking tje bus back to classes. About 1 year after I was doing exams for the first time in 4 years. After a little less than 2 years I had a girlfriend again. And I got out of my depression entirely.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Apr 17, 2023
Overall horrible. I just went to a new one and I will never go to that person again as I had to address the person by doctor and oh boy did, I get talked down to. The doctor looked me straight in the eye and said, "let me be frank with you". and it all went downhill in a flash.

I have had some who's way was my way, or the highway and I would get kicked out, no working together, all one way, it sucked.

Walter
In your experience, are male therapists more difficult than female therapists?

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1
Little_Suzy

Little_Suzy

Amphibious
May 1, 2023
In a confidential setting, therapists grant permission for trauma dumps. Use them wisely and freely!

I am still alive because my mental health team genuinely supports and cares for me. Although I continue to feel emotionally overwhelmed their support remains steadfast whenever I need it.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Apr 17, 2023
I've said it in chat before, but basically I had LASIK surgery when I was 21 and it was great initially for about a year and then I developed pretty awful complications including early regression, (back in glasses after a year) intermittent ghosting vision when I relax or squint my eyes, ocular rosacea, bad night vision and more.

It's been a nightmare but somehow I'm still able to do well but it's getting more difficult and I haven't really been able to enjoy my hobbies for a long time...mainly due to the fluctuating vision that no provider can really figure out.

Thanks for asking.
I don't go to chat...

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and calebzz1
terra.nuvo

terra.nuvo

Feb 15, 2024
I've seen three therapists in my adult life and all I can say is that therapy doesn't work very well for me. It gives me a good place and time to talk about my issues and what's bothering me, but overall I am just not that great at doing the "homework" and using the advice they give to actually make changes. Although they do give really good advice, advice only goes so far. There is the piece of putting in the work that I just can't seem to do unfortunately.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Apr 17, 2023
I've seen three therapists in my adult life and all I can say is that therapy doesn't work very well for me. It gives me a good place and time to talk about my issues and what's bothering me, but overall I am just not that great at doing the "homework" and using the advice they give to actually make changes. Although they do give really good advice, advice only goes so far. There is the piece of putting in the work that I just can't seem to do unfortunately.
CBT homework is dumb. Sudoku is more useful

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
In your experience, are male therapists more difficult than female therapists?
Actually, so far, the female ones that I have had, are more dictatorial than the male ones that I have had.

I always wondered if they thought that they had something to prove.

The male ones almost always were more, let's work together, where the female ones were more my way or out.

Walter

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Apr 17, 2023
Actually, so far, the female ones that I have had, are more dictatorial than the male ones that I have had.

I always wondered if they thought that they had something to prove.

The male ones almost always were more, let's work together, where the female ones were more my way or out.

Walter
Maybe I should switch to men...in all ways šŸ¤£

• Hugs
Reactions: Kit1 and whywere
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I don't understand how people get cured by therapists. It makes no sense to me. Personally, I always see current therapy in the same way people view medival methods used to "cure" the black plague. I think that, at best, therapy can be used as an expensive venting place but, even then, this site is far better for venting as at least you don't have to walk on eggshells trying to look not suicidal enough to not get hospitalised here

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Apr 17, 2023
I don't understand how people get cured by therapists. It makes no sense to me. Personally, I always see current therapy in the same way people view medival methods used to "cure" the black plague. I think that, at best, therapy can be used as an expensive venting place but, even then, this site is far better for venting as at least you don't have to walk on eggshells trying to look not suicidal enough to not get hospitalised here
I told one therapist as I finished with her that no patient will ever be honest with her about whether they're suicidal. They will always lie. I could see her brain explode šŸ¤Æ
I went through 4 sessions of emdr and gave up felt like a waste of time
It's silly pseudoscience I think

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I told one therapist as I finished with her that no patient will ever be honest with her about whether they're suicidal. They will always lie. I could see her brain explode šŸ¤Æ
I have no idea why they still expect people to be truthful when it comes to this. imo, it's the exact equivalent of telling a kid who did their math test "Did you cheat? If you say yes, all of your marks will be deducted". Why would anybody want to admit to something that they know wouldn't be beneficial for them to admit?