Experienced
Nov 1, 2021
Just curious if I have any which are the same

Reactions: AppleTreeDog and Callie Arcale
Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
Mainly for depression I've tried zoloft, prozac, wellbutrin, pristiq, effexor, buspar, celexa, lexapro, pamelor, and abilify

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sadness20 and demuic
D

deathismymeaning

did not consent to being alive
Nov 19, 2021
i've tried these for depression and anxiety mainly effexor, lithium, zoloft, lexapro, prozac, lamotrigine, depakote, latuda, hydroxizine, remeron and i've done 6 injections of ketamine

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Callie Arcale

Callie Arcale

It’s a tale told by an idiot signifying nothing
Feb 10, 2021
Zoloft - or as I like to call it, The Devil's brew.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sadness20 and ghost_
UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
Prozac, Paxil, Celexa, Cymbalta, Lithium IR and ER, Seroquel IR and ER, Lamotrigine, Risperdal, Vraylar and possible others.

Current cocktail is Seroquel ER and IR, Lithium ER, and Cymbalta. It seems to work pretty well.

• Love
Reactions: miserableforever and Sadness20
poisonedminds

poisonedminds

Student
May 8, 2021
Zoloft, Seroquel, Seroquel XR, Prozac, Risperdal, Vyvanse, Zyprexa, Trazodone. Its all bullshit.

• Hugs
  • Love
miserableforever

miserableforever

Arcanist
Oct 23, 2020
To everyone who has tried numerous meds. Was it worth it?

• Love
Reactions: Sadness20
AppleTreeDog

AppleTreeDog

Nov 20, 2021
I was put on Prozac first and it really fucked me up. Besides the initial shitty side effects of starting SSRIs, the biggest thing is it basically gave me like... negative hunger?? I had the exact opposite of an appetite. All food felt like the most absolute disgusting thing ever and I had to force myself to eat even a few tiny bites a day. It was miserable. Everyone I talked to said they'd never heard of that before and the psychiatrist didn't even believe me.

But she moved me to Zoloft and that's been the one I've stayed on that usually does an okayish job. I tried Wellbutrin when my doctor prescribed it to supposedly counteract the libido issues from SSRIs but it made me feel ill so I stopped. My sex life has never gotten back to what I used to enjoy and it really sucks.

From Zoloft bringing my baseline emotional status up a bit, I realized the short periods of crazy euphoria & mega-productivity I'd occasionally get before going on meds, were not actually what "normal" people feel all the time. That's when my therapist re-diagnosed me with rapid cycling bipolar (+ OCD & generalized anxiety), instead of major depressive disorder (+ OCD & generalized anxiety).

Anyway that's my pill journey so far. Starting new meds is terrifying to me with my specific phobias, so all I've done over the past 5 years is have my Zoloft dose increased. I was prescribed lithium after my bipolar diagnosis but I was too scared to try it.

Zoloft did me pretty alright for those years but things are all going to shit again now and I feel like all my progress has been destroyed and all that effort wasn't worth it in the end :(

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: miserableforever and Sadness20
Sadness20

Sadness20

Experienced
Nov 1, 2021
Prozac, Paxil, Celexa, Cymbalta, Lithium IR and ER, Seroquel IR and ER, Lamotrigine, Risperdal, Vraylar and possible others.

Current cocktail is Seroquel ER and IR, Lithium ER, and Cymbalta. It seems to work pretty well.
I've tried Risperdal. How did it work for you?
How did zyprexa work for you? I had it for a couple of months, I felt a lot better but I gained so much weight. (I had 49 kg and ended up with 75)
Zoloft, Seroquel, Seroquel XR, Prozac, Risperdal, Vyvanse, Zyprexa, Trazodone. Its all bullshit.

One of my doctors considered giving me Lithium but they decided not to since an overdose could really destroy my thyroid and kidneys as I was told

Last edited:
Reactions: miserableforever and AppleTreeDog
L

LateToParty

Nov 17, 2021
Paroxetine, Venlafaxine (Effexor), Amitriptyline - these are antidepressants I remember taking. Although at the time I could not realize it, but they were having a numbing effect and eventually led to a depersonalization disorder. These were being augmented with trifluoperazine (Stelazine), Olanzapine, Risperidone (various drug names). One can not overestimate the mental and even sometimes physiological side effects. And they did absolutely nothing with my symptoms (OCD, personality disorder, general anxiety etc.). The benzos obviously can alleviate the manifestation of anxiety, but they do nothing in terms of actually treating the cause. Not in my case. When I got to the point where I started to become catatonic, I was prescribed Depakin (Depakote in some countries, I believe) and Lamictal. At first, some improvement, then terrible exacerbation of OCD symptoms. And as if this was not enough, a month or so after starting to take these two, I developed serious allergic reaction that lasted about 2 weeks. Had to stop taking both.

I believe psychiatry in its current form is only capable of keeping people sedated and numb (in the 'best' case, which I was not). I believe all we can hope for is at least adoption of humane laws that allow for euthanasia or assisted suicide worldwide. Then maybe one day advances in neurobiology will allow some form of effective treatment or at least let others see (as in an x-ray or scan or fMRI) the degree of suffering.

UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
To everyone who has tried numerous meds. Was it worth it?
Yes. My current cocktail woks really well. There is an occasional glitch (see my thread about going toxic on lithium) but I really feel pretty decent.

It took a serious attempt and a short hospitalization to find this combination, but it was worth it.

• Love
Reactions: miserableforever
miserableforever

miserableforever

Arcanist
Oct 23, 2020
Yes. My current cocktail woks really well. There is an occasional glitch (see my thread about going toxic on lithium) but I really feel pretty decent.

It took a serious attempt and a short hospitalization to find this combination, but it was worth it.
Thank you for giving me a bit of hope, been feeling like poop recently.

UpandDownPrincess

UpandDownPrincess

Elementalist
Dec 31, 2019
I've tried Risperdal. How did it work for you?
How did zyprexa work for you? I had it for a couple of months, I felt a lot better but I gained so much weight. (I had 49 kg and ended up with 75)

One of my doctors considered giving me Lithium but they decided not to since an overdose could really destroy my thyroid and kidneys as I was told
I did not have good luck on Rispredal or Zyprexa, but I only tried them because I though Seroquel was getting to be a poor choice for me. I was wrong and after both trials, I went back to Seroquel.

Your doc is right about a lithium overdose - it's a horrible idea BTW. It is extremely unlikely to kill you but will absolutely destroy your kidneys. Your thyroid is pretty much fucked when you take lithium (I take a thyroid pill everyday) but it's easy to adjust with meds and usually reverses itself.

I went toxic on lithium earlier this year - see my thread in recovery if you like - and was spared dialysis by the skin of my teeth. I still take an adjusted dose, though, and it kills my suicidality. It's amazing.

• Love
Reactions: Sadness20