• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
"A 64-year-old man presented with dizziness and nausea without vomiting. He later went into a coma after consuming a spare rib soup. "

Thats why I call it scaremongering. This was an accidental poisoning with low quantity of SN with an old person...

This is not a suitable reference for suicide...

After all, no actual evidence for any longterm damage if rescued.
You guys seem to have a lot of time and effort to present some kind of "evidence" that SN is not a safe method. Highly suspicious.

• Love
Reactions: Talvikki, snowcloud9 and ApathyToLife
C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
"A 64-year-old man presented with dizziness and nausea without vomiting. He later went into a coma after consuming a spare rib soup. "

Thats why I call it scaremongering. This was an accidental poisoning with low quantity of SN with an old person...

This is not a suitable reference for suicide...

After all, no actual evidence for any longterm damage if rescued.
You guys seem to have a lot of time and effort to present some kind of "evidence" that SN is not a safe method. Highly suspicious.
!!
In this forum there are reports of people who have suffered permanent damage from SN. but I understand that SN is your method, so you want to believe that there are no risks. Then all evidence in favor of your point of view will be considered valid, and all evidence against it will be considered invalid. It's like a religion.
!
I agree that SN is quite reliable, I never said it isn't. I said that all methods have risks and are not foolproof.

C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
!!

!

I agree that SN is quite reliable, I never said it isn't. I said that all methods have risks and are not foolproof.
Yes, prolifers like to emphasize this as well. Hundred times.

Getting out of bed has also risks and is not foolproof. Chance of death.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
i don't consider SN a peaceful method at all, i mean with symptoms of being violently sick, gasping for air, fast heart rate, headache, turning blue, and all the required medication to go with it and the fasting regime, i don't see it as a reliable method at all to many failed attemps on this forum

• Hmph!
Reactions: outlook56
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
i don't consider SN a peaceful method at all, i mean with symptoms of being violently sick, gasping for air, fast heart rate, headache, turning blue, and all the required medication to go with it and the fasting regime, i don't see it as a reliable method at all to many failed attemps on this forum
Is today the anti SN or prolifers day?

Reactions: jonward55
outlook56

outlook56

Sep 24, 2023
For someone as desperate as me SN It is his last resort. I will swallow it whether if it is fatal or not. Many here have died because of it

C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
It is normal for people to have doubts or fear about a method. This happens all the time and with all methods, it doesn't mean they are pro lifers or "anti SN"

Reactions: dggtscccvfd and リンさん
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
For someone as desperate as me SN It is his last resort. I will swallow it whether if it is fatal or not. Many here have died because of it
Share this sentiment. SN isn't perfect. It carries all the risks mentioned - violent vomiting, fast heart rate, and headache - but it's better than the alternatives. The death rate, whilst undetermined, is surely higher than 50% and may be as high as 90%. I'll be taking my SN when the time comes!

D

Deleted member 65988

Another SN thread that's gone completely to shit. I wonder how many more there will be.
You don't see it as a reliable method at all and only use the failed attempts on this forum as a sample size to demonstrate that it's "not reliable", that's quite a blanket statement to conclude that it's generally unreliable whilst ignoring factors that led to each and every individual case resulting in failure, most of which would facilitate the failure of every method no matter how lethal and reliable it is like being found in time to be saved.

How narrow-minded considering how incredibly lethal SN has proven to be time and time again because if it wasn't then Congress in the US wouldn't have passed a bill to restrict sale of SN at more than 10% in purity with other governments restricting sale outright due to KL selling packages around the world too, being aware of what other uses people have for it.

One thing I've continually noticed is that these discussions revolve around the same questions over and over and over again with the same arguments being leveled from one side to another, some stating that SN is an unreliable method outright while others accept that it's lethal enough for ctb albeit with drawbacks that we have to clearly acknowledge to give ourselves realistic expectations of what to expect when consuming it and whoever chooses to do so being aware of the possibilities of some kind of damage should failure occur although how common the damage is when failure is the end result seems to vary from person to person so we can't know for certain whose more at risk of getting this issue or aggravating an already existing one. I myself have accepted the risks of SN but the best chance to be successful at it is to get whatever meds one can and be prepared as possible because it's been done with less before albeit people stress over peacefulness however only a few methods come close that aren't compromised by the general public and government.

All these concerns about a racing heart, nausea, vomiting, headaches are issues those who worried about SN had before taking it but the only difference is that they aren't around anymore and managed to somehow deal with them.

Can't wait to do this all over again next week....maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: color_me_gone, Obliviate and dggtscccvfd
Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023

Done properly it appears pretty reliable. Most failed attempts seem to be due to intervention, as there is an antidote to it.

I don't love the idea of the feeling sick and the heart racing. I'm a wuss with a low pain threshold. But it doesn't last too long before you're unconscious. In all honesty I'd prefer inert gas but the messing about hiring a cylinder and getting all the right gear for it seems a right faff.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Done properly it appears pretty reliable.
it has a 66 percent success rate

Old Friend

Old Friend

Sleep well, Airstrip One.
Sep 24, 2023
Most of us aren't pigs.

Reactions: toofargone6969
D

Deleted member 65988

it has a 66 percent success rate
This is specifically for pigs though, not human beings.

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
This is specifically for pigs though, not human beings.

according to @befree
50/50 % chance of being painless/peaceful
60/70 % chance of being successful

D

Deleted member 65988

"An increasing trend in the use of sodium nitrite as a suicidal agent has been reported [4]. The review of the literature confirms the high fatality rate with a reported fatal outcome in 73.8% of the cases where sodium nitrite was ingested with suicidal intentions."

this is more accurate. The article below details 42 cases all of which were intentional ingestion of SN, 31 died while 11 survived. 73% is still pretty good considering how "unreliable" this method, I swear, some of you make it sound as reliable as a house cleaning product to ctb with.

according to @befree
Befree only quoted from threads on this forum and as much he claimed to be a medical profession, I never saw a shred of that being true considering none of his findings were even original nor consistent to his professional background. I'm actually bringing medical literature here, studies conducted by medical professionals on SN when taken intentionally or accidentally and what the fatality or survival rate was, not "he said this or he said that" which basically operates within guesswork.

Attachments

• 2023-Suicidalsodiumnitriteintoxication-acasereportfocusingonthepostmortemfindingsandtoxicologi...pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Dying Knight

Dying Knight

-
Sep 17, 2023
Share this sentiment. SN isn't perfect. It carries all the risks mentioned - violent vomiting, fast heart rate, and headache - but it's better than the alternatives.
I hardly see how this method could be better than drowning, for example.

Is it more accessible? Unlikely. Finding an appropriate water pool is often much easier than obtaining SN with all supplementary aids.

Is it more simple? Unlikely. The whole drowning plan consists of only 3 stages: finding/making a pool of water, hyperventilation, and holding yourself underwater.

Is it more reliable? Unlikely. You can't survive underwater, but you can survive poisoning.

Is it more safe if you decide to abort the procedure in its final stage? Unlikely. Both methods may cause harm to organs due to hypoxia, but in case of drowning you may stop the destructive processes quickly and before passing out, while taking antidote for SN requires some time to be absorbed and to neutralize the poisoning, so its effect may take place at a very late time.

Is it more fast? Unlikely. 30 minutes is more than enough to prepare for drowning, and the final procedure takes just 4 - 5 min before passing out.

Is it more peaceful? Unlikely. With proper techniques, the time of struggling underwater may be reduced to 30 - 60 seconds, while the remaining time (before feeling the urge to breathe and after the state of lightheadedness begins) is peaceful enough. It's very unlikely that you would deal with nausea or vomiting when drowning.

Is it better if you want to make your death looking like accidental? Unlikely. Poisoning has much more chances to be associated with a suicide or a murder than drowning.

Can you safely check the effect of the poison on your body for trial purposes? Unlikely. But you can relatively safely experiment with mechanical suffocation as long as your breath holds are not longer than 3 minutes and you don't do them too often.

So why are people so obsessed with SN? )))

Last edited:
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023

Is it more accessible? Unlikely. Finding an appropriate water pool is often much easier than obtaining SN with all supplementary aids.

Is it more easy to do? Unlikely. The whole drowning plan consists of only 3 stages: finding/making a pool of water, hyperventilation, and holding yourself underwater.

Is it more reliable? Unlikely. You can't survive underwater, but you can survive poisoning.

Is it more safe if you decide to abort the procedure in its final stage? Unlikely. Both methods may cause harm to organs due to hypoxia, but in case of drowning you may stop the destructive processes quickly and before passing out, while taking antidote for SN requires some time to be absorbed and to neutralize the poisoning, so its effect may take place at a very late time.

It is more fast? Unlikely. 30 minutes is more than enough to prepare for drowning, and the final procedure takes just 4 - 5 min before passing out.

Is it more peaceful? Unlikely. With proper techniques, the time of struggling underwater may be reduced to 30 - 60 seconds, while the remaining time (before feeling the urge to breathe and after the state of lightheadedness begins) is peaceful enough. It's very unlikely that you would deal with nausea or vomiting.

Is it better if you want to make your death looking like accidental? Unlikely. Poisoning has much more chances to be associated with a suicide or a murder than drowning.

Can you safely check the effect of the poison on your body for trial purposes? Unlikely. But you can relatively safely experiment with mechanical suffocation as long as your breath holds are not longer than 3 minutes and you don't do them too often.

Respectfully disagree. Holding yourself underwater is not simple or easy: our SI makes drowning difficult to do in practice since there's a natural instinct to swim to the surface. Drinking a strange-coloured and disgusting liquid is also difficult but less difficult!

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
D

Deleted member 65988

Respectfully disagree. Holding yourself underwater is not simple or easy: our SI makes drowning difficult to do in practice since there's a natural instinct to swim to the surface. Drinking a strange-coloured and disgusting liquid is also difficult but less difficult!
Yeah I agree too, I don't see how panicking under water will be any easier than taking in sn in practice. It isn't easy because of the taste, albeit the reaction to it varies with some noting a salty but chemical aftertaste.
"Hardly" you've gotta be kidding me.

Reactions: dggtscccvfd
Dying Knight

Dying Knight

-
Sep 17, 2023
Just admit that you are fans of SN, lol. SI is a doubtful argument, since it appears only if you didn't fully convince yourself that you want to die. "I'd rather die than live" is not actually the fully certain conviction.

D

Deleted member 65988

Just admit that you are fans of SN, lol. SI is a doubtful argument, since it appears only if you didn't fully convince yourself that you want to die. "I'd rather die than live" is not actually the fully certain conviction.
Well there it is, it seems like the go-to lazy response to people who discuss this is that they are "fans of SN" and nothing else. I don't even know why you decided to discuss this in a thread which is primarily focusing on the downsides of SN as a method which you haven't contributed to at all in any shape or form. I've discussed this method as critically as I possibly can, fully aware of its risks, it's downsides yet I don't who you are referring to as "you" in this case either.

How is SI a doubtful argument, there are plenty of people who've had SI right up until taking that final step, whether it's doubts about whether they will succeed or not so stating that "it only appears only if you didn't fully convince yourself that you want to die" is wrong. Si is a shortcoming that we'll have to deal with in some significant capacity, no matter how much one convinces themselves they want to die and to whatever degree that conviction is.

Yeap, another SN thread gone to shit indeed.

Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022

Is it more simple? Unlikely. The whole drowning plan consists of only 3 stages: finding/making a pool of water, hyperventilation, and holding yourself underwater.

Is it more fast? Unlikely. 30 minutes is more than enough to prepare for drowning, and the final procedure takes just 4 - 5 min before passing out.

Is it more peaceful? Unlikely. With proper techniques, the time of struggling underwater may be reduced to 30 - 60 seconds, while the remaining time (before feeling the urge to breathe and after the state of lightheadedness begins) is peaceful enough. It's very unlikely that you would deal with nausea or vomiting when drowning.

You do not suffocate with the SN process. That's a big difference. You are not in hypercapnia that causes the panic. The oxygen just doesn't get delivered throughout your body.

• Informative
Reactions: color_me_gone, pthnrdnojvsc and Deleted member 65988
watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
thread locked, please keep debates friendly and refer to the wikis/pph, and do not spread information that is not sourced.

Status
Not open for further replies.