deadwinter

deadwinter

i want to see angels
Apr 7, 2023
not exactly a quote but recently a psychologist/therapist told me that "We all deal with it."

no, we dont. this person also knew absolutely nothing abt me. besides how invalidating this is, its just completely insensitive & inaccurate..

Reactions: lofticries and Fardarune
cogmachine

cogmachine

hurk urk blergh
Feb 22, 2023
"suicide doesn't end the pain, it just transfers it to someone else". at least with this one they are admitting how selfish they are. a lot of those motivational quotes try condensing meaningful advice into snappy quotes, and the actual context gets lost hence why they sound so moronic.

N

Nigh

Experienced
Oct 12, 2020
"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary situation". It's so patronising. The amount of times I've seen it shared online is sickening. There's not a one size fits all when it comes to suicide and depression. You never know how long someone's been suffering.

I also hate, "at least it can't get any worse". It really fucked me up when I was younger. I believed the people that said it. So when things did start getting worse I felt lost, confused and numb.

• Informative
  • Aww..
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha, Fardarune, unnormal9 and 1 other person
unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
"Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary situation". It's so patronising. The amount of times I've seen it shared online is sickening. There's not a one size fits all when it comes to suicide and depression. You never know how long someone's been suffering.

I also hate, "at least it can't get any worse". It really fucked me up when I was younger. I believed the people that said it. So when things did start getting worse I felt lost, confused and numb.

That phrase is absolutely dismissive. It is their favourite repetitious quote to babble at any chance they have. I do not give them so much a glance.

Reactions: Rogue Proxy
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
"Time heals everything " i hte this one. I wish with all my heart it was true. But pain, scars, deep trauma even if you work through them, you will still be hurt, affected forever by what happened. I hate people lying to themselves living in a bubble pretending shit didnt happen. It may work to avoid thinking about it but the wound is still there open and won't ever close.

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha and WorthlessTrash
Kundalini Guy

Kundalini Guy

FULLY RECOVERED
Mar 27, 2023
"Never give up"

Sometimes giving up is the best thing to do especially if everything you try it does not change your circumstances.

F

Fardarune

Feb 25, 2023
Might be slightly controversial but
"Think about the people who love you and will miss you!" (and such variants)
I have. And frankly I don't care.

charlotte_

charlotte_

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2023
"The sky is the limit" or "If (other person) can do it, then you can do it too"
I honestly just realized how fucked up these sayings are recently. One of the most important thing I think people should realize in life is that there is a limit to what you can/should do or try, and the fact that comparing yourself to others is just a waste of time because some things you do will never be as good as others, and vice versa. These quotes just implement false hope on people that later on cause greater despair because they realize they'll never achieve that delusion of theirs no matter how much they tried. I have been told this a lot as a kid. Now I become overconfident and insecure at the same time, delusional about myself and never find satisfaction in anything I do because it's not as good as someone who's a literally profession, and I'm very sure a lot of people here and out there experience this in some kinds of forms. This is a general society standard, which not much people realize is so harmful later on. I'm not saying you shouldn't try hard and just give up at the slightest failures. You should hope for the better, but also be realistic and understand that things can go wrong and you shouldn't be so overly disappointed about it

Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha