TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I had interesting thought, and it's something related to a coat of arms, aka a crest or a shield with some sigil on it, etc. You can specify upper left, upper right, lower left, lower right, and sigil (middle). As for me, I'd put:

Nihilism (lower left) - everything in life is meaningless and only has meaning because we invented, assigned arbitrary meaning to give value (religion, morals, ethics, laws, etc.)

Anti-natalism (upper right) - do not bring more suffering to this shitty world and the conceived never had a choice to consent to being born.

Misanthropy (upper left) - humanity as a whole sucks and human nature is awful; there is no avoiding this fact, it is ingrained in our biological nature.

Vengeance (lower right) - getting even and exacting justice when peaceful means have failed, and I believe in standing one's ground. (Nothing illegal though)

Choice of Life or Death (Sigil middle) - represents the pro-choice, a choice between life or death for any individual.

What are your ideas, features, values, and what not that you wish to put on a coat of arms, crest, shield?

Reactions: littlelungs, Sensei, Brick In The Wall and 3 others
BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
Probably the same as yours.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and TAW122
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
This is going to sound so pompous lol. My family does have a coat of arms. Obviously I'm not going to post it here.
Years ago I was taught how to joust. We had to dress up in costumes and fake armour. In a mad coincidence, the tabard I got actually had the basic design and colours from my family crest.

• Love
Reactions: silent staring void, Brick In The Wall, Epsilon0 and 2 others

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Lol, sounds fancy. I wish I had some symbols to put on my coat, but I can't seem to come up with anything innovative.
Crest is something that has to be shown off before other people, right? Something that tells others of the most important things about yourself? Something that accurately describes you or serve you as an exemplar, an ideal?

Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Epsilon0 and Deleted member 1465
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Lol, sounds fancy. I wish I had some symbols to put on my coat, but I can't seem to come up with anything innovative.
Crest is something that has to be shown off before other people, right? Something that tells others of the most important things about yourself? Something that accurately describes you or serve you as an exemplar, an ideal?
Not necessarily, the main shield element can be comprised of some quite abstract things. Mine is. I'd post it, but it would identify my family!

Reactions: Brick In The Wall, Epsilon0, TAW122 and 1 other person
mesohappy

mesohappy

Cat piss sammich??
Jan 10, 2020
Dog paw prints,a fishing pole,a gun,a bottle of booze and in the middle a dollar sign crossed out,because while cash rules everything around me,Im a broke ass fool.

Reactions: 262653
CynicalHopelessness

CynicalHopelessness

Messenger of Silence
Jan 9, 2020
Ok, I'm going to be pompous, b/c why not:

Nihilism - upper right. There's no person that shares my goals, my experience, my vision. And I share nobody's. Nobody and nothing is important to me unless I decide it is, and even that is not a final decision. I exist in a world that is devoid of meanings.

Radical Freedom - upper left. I'm my own master and get to invent my own meanings and ways of living. Everything I do, I do because I chose to, given constraints. Including CTB, shall I decide to.

(S) - center. Why is it there? What does it mean? Well, I'm not telling you. Radical freedom! (┛✧Д✧))┛彡┻━┻

Ferocity - lower right. Nothing can be achieved without decisive action and persistence, even if you have to overcome obstacles.

Candor - lower left. Lying to myself has only led me to unhappiness and it will continue to do so. Therefore being honest to myself, without being judgmental or hating, is paramount.

Reactions: TAW122, 262653 and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
This is going to sound so pompous lol. My family does have a coat of arms. Obviously I'm not going to post it here.
Years ago I was taught how to joust. We had to dress up in costumes and fake armour. In a mad coincidence, the tabard I got actually had the basic design and colours from my family crest.
I have one too but yea posting it here would be a bit personal. I never went through the intense training that you did though!

Reactions: Epsilon0 and Deleted member 1465
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Ok, I'm going to be pompous, b/c why not:

Nihilism - upper right. There's no person that shares my goals, my experience, my vision. And I share nobody's. Nobody and nothing is important to me unless I decide it is, and even that is not a final decision. I exist in a world that is devoid of meanings.

Radical Freedom - upper left. I'm my own master and get to invent my own meanings and ways of living. Everything I do, I do because I chose to, given constraints. Including CTB, shall I decide to.

(S) - center. Why is it there? What does it mean? Well, I'm not telling you. Radical freedom! (┛✧Д✧))┛彡┻━┻

Ferocity - lower right. Nothing can be achieved without decisive action and persistence, even if you have to overcome obstacles.

Candor - lower left. Lying to myself has only led me to unhappiness and it will continue to do so. Therefore being honest to myself, without being judgmental or hating, is paramount.
Hey we at least have one aspect that is the same/similar. As for the center, it's fine if you want to keep it secret.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Fun idea, thrw_a_way1221221! :) I took this literally and actually designed a coat of arms. Instead of delivering a lengthy explanation, I leave it open to interpretation.

Shield2

• Love
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, 262653, Oyoy and 2 others
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019

Do I have to start calling you Your Highness now?
Fun idea, thrw_a_way1221221! :) I took this literally and actually designed a coat of arms. Instead of delivering a lengthy explanation, I leave it open to interpretation.

View attachment 31429

Oh I love riddles :-) Let's see if I get any of it right, shall we?

Greek theatre masks = bipolar disorder

Hourglass = the march of time, not knowing how long you have left because of suicidal tendencies

Plants = self-medication, your interest in herbal treatments

Broken heart = the search for love

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Sensei
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
@Sensei which site did you use to create your coat of arms? If it doesn't require registration I would like to give it a go.

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Oh I love riddles :-) Let's see if I get any of it right, shall we?

Greek theatre masks = bipolar disorder

Hourglass = the march of time, not knowing how long you have left because of suicidal tendencies

Plants = self-medication, your interest in herbal treatments

Broken heart = the search for love

Do you think it's that simple? Well, it's that simple. You're right in every respect. God, what a predictable person I am. You haven't figured out one detail yet, though: the supporters. (Yes, "supporter" is actually the correct heraldic term.)

@Sensei which site did you use to create your coat of arms? If it doesn't require registration I would like to give it a go.

I just googled clipart and used a simple photo editing program. There are quite a few make-your-own-crest sites, but they are very basic.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
(The real question is: is this a case of you being predictable, or of me having paid attention :sunglasses:)

Supporters you say... Gimme a sec to think about it... Oh it's easy: you like big cats.
I just googled clipart and used a simple photo editing program. There are quite a few make-your-own-crest sites, but they are very basic.

That sounds like a lot of work. Besides, I am on my mobile.

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
(The real question is: is this a case of you being predictable, or of me having paid attention :sunglasses:)

Supporters you say... Gimme a sec to think about it... Oh it's easy: you like big cats.

Big rampant cats

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019

Not quite.

I have an old and very user-friendly photo editor so it just takes me 15 minutes to craft something like that.

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Big rampant cats

Poe wrote a short story called The Black Cat about a guy who kills a cat and the animal comes back to haunt him driving him to madness because of his overwhelming guilt.

I don't think this quote is from that particular story, but it fits many of us here:

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity."
Not quite.

Ok then: the cat is your spirit animal, haha.

Hang on a second. Are they even cats, or something else?
There's smth wrong with the quote function. My reply to @Sensei appears inside the quote. I noticed that happening yesterday as well. Anyone else noticed it?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Oyoy and Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
Reactions: Epsilon0
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I think you have to wait for it to catch up sometimes before typing or your text can go in the wrong place.

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
@Sensei

I give up. No idea what the cats symbolize.

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
@Sensei

I give up. No idea what the cats symbolize.

If you ever were to visit my home, you would find one black cat and one grey cat. (They are actually the only remainder of a relationship that went straight to hell, but they are such astonishingly beautiful creatures that I almost never think of this painful fact.) By the way, I forgot to include a motto. I think the one I've chosen is fitting.

Shield3

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
@Sensei
Cats are the best! I think I have said that a million times on this forum.

Lemme see if my Latin is still "working".... Let us drink, we will die anyway?

:smiling:

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy and Sensei
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
@Sensei
Cats are the best! I think I have said that a million times on this forum.

Lemme see if my Latin is still "working".... Let us drink, we will die anyway?

:smiling:

Your Latin is still working. So, let's start drinking, shall we?

E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
@Sensei

Is it ok if I meet you back for coffee in the morning instead? I am so zzzzZZZZZZZ.

You go ahead and have that whiskey.

I will brush my teeth and have a tiny cup of Flux :-)

Last edited:
Reactions: Sensei
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Glad I found this.

The jester: Humor is important to me, it's a freely available way of reducing suffering for myself and others.

The shotgun: Symbolizes my literal worship of excellent methods and my wish for them to one day be available to all of humanity.

The controller: Represents hundreds of thousands of hours spent gaming.

Gang weed meme/funwaa meme.

Man starving to death in a small, frigid, rat-infested, pitch-black hole while crying tears of blood and screaming.

"Ut sensum quod nullom amica."

Reactions: motel rooms
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
"Ut sensum quod nullom amica."
May I ask what that was supposed to mean? Something about not having a girlfriend? "Nullom" is not even a Latin word, as far as I know, although my Latin is very rudimentary.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
May I ask what that was supposed to mean? Something about not having a girlfriend? "Nullom" is not even a Latin word, as far as I know, although my Latin is very rudimentary.
I used google translate and my gut feeling. :pfff:

I went for the Latin "tfw no gf". Maybe you can write it in Latin?

TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
I used google translate and my gut feeling. :pfff:

I went for the Latin "tfw no gf". Maybe you can write it in Latin?
I'm afraid my Latin is not very good either, and given that the sentence you are trying to translate is not even grammatically correct in its original form, I presume that it is rather difficult to produce a proper translation. Judging by my own gut feeling, it should probably be "nulla amica", but don't quote me on that.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment